Photo
- - - - -

What GTA atmosphere do you prefer?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: What GTA atmosphere do you prefer? (4 member(s) have cast votes)

What GTA atmosphere do you prefer?

1. Realistic (2 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Over-The-Top (2 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MrLanceVanceDance

MrLanceVanceDance

Consigliere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:37 AM

So Guys, out of a over-the-top atmosphere and a realistic atmosphere, what GTA atmosphere do you prefer to play with?

#2 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

Realistic is cool.

#3 NotYouHaha

NotYouHaha

Ronin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

I think I'd prefer a realistic atmosphere rather than an over the top one. It depends on how much realism and "over-the-topness" you want though. Saints Row 3, for example, was definitely way too over-the-top for me; furries driving on the street and police in sports cars didn't seem right to me. On the other hand, I don't want a full-blown simulator, where real-life science and actualities are in the game.

A Grand Theft Auto that works like a Hollywood-styled movie would be great for me. What I mean is that many of the busted Hollywood-myths from Mythbusters would be in the game like lying on the ground avoids shrapnel from grenades. It should resemble real-life (without the minor details, ie. no RL car brands), with Hollywood-styled action underneath (explosions, chases, the sorts).
I guess that I actually would prefer neither realism or over-the-topness, but a nice balance between the two?

#4 MrLanceVanceDance

MrLanceVanceDance

Consigliere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:32 PM

I think I'd prefer a realistic atmosphere rather than an over the top one. It depends on how much realism and "over-the-topness" you want though. Saints Row 3, for example, was definitely way too over-the-top for me; furries driving on the street and police in sports cars didn't seem right to me. On the other hand, I don't want a full-blown simulator, where real-life science and actualities are in the game.

A Grand Theft Auto that works like a Hollywood-styled movie would be great for me. What I mean is that many of the busted Hollywood-myths from Mythbusters would be in the game like lying on the ground avoids shrapnel from grenades. It should resemble real-life (without the minor details, ie. no RL car brands), with Hollywood-styled action underneath (explosions, chases, the sorts).
I guess that I actually would prefer neither realism or over-the-topness, but a nice balance between the two?

I 100% agree with you mate. There has to be a certain amount of realism and over-the-top gameplay in order to greate the perfect GTA game. Too much over-the-top gameplay will spoil things, while too much realism will also spoil things. All future GTA games should be similar to The Ballad of Gay Tony - balanced between over-the-top and realistic gameplay. Get the balance right, GTA V could be the greatest TPS game ever created.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users