System to play GTA IV

gamor

Hey everyone, I'm from a small town in Argentina and want to build a system to play GTA IV. Let me tell you something: the system is for a cybercafe, there are two in the small town I live, and the intention is to force the closing of the other one.

GTA IV is the strategy for that closure (the kids end up playing Counter Strike 1.6 over here).

I want a system with integrated graphics, not a card.

I'm asking for help to build this machine, don't know wich processor buy, don't know wich motherboard.

Hope you can help me guys.

Here is a good strategy, install Call of Duty and Battlefield on the PCs on your internet cafe, and tell the people of your town/city that they are free to play, or if you don't like that option, you can say they can play the games for 6 dollars an hour or something like that.

However, if you don't have COD and Battlefield in you area of Argentina, you could use Medal of Honor, Soldier of Fortune or Halo instead. They are really popular First Person Shooter games in Australia, excluding COD and Battlefield.

I must admit, your business tactics are very interesting business tactics. However, they won't work though, because GTA IV won't play well at all on any integrated graphics cards. You can only play GTA IV by downloading it, or by using the game disk.

Edited by MrLanceVanceDance

Actually there is no system with integrated graphics which will make the great GTA IV to run on it. It will require some external video cards. You cant buy a new system as high end PCs wont run GTA IV unless you use a patch. I would say a intel core 2 duo would be fine along any 512 to 1gb nvidia video card would be awesome.

It won't work well on even Well Endowed computer systems, but according to some using GMA from Intel, and FOR SURE, Intels upcoming Ivy Bridge, you will, since a key component is DirectX 11 support, and you need SM 3 or 4 for new graphics in 3D.

I bought a second 512MB GDDR 8600GT nVidia for a bargain price on eBay, now to get an SLI board, I'll have all I need since the board I have supports 16GBs DDR2 on the old 775 socket (core2duo or Quad!) Pentium D 350 now (IIRC, 3.2Ghz x2)

Edited by BlackListedB

Thanks guys, I've been searching the net for weeks and can't find some decent IGP; I give up, lets go with a card.

Is this board capable? ATI Radeon HD 5450; which processor will run it? which motherboard?

About the strategy (all of you mentioned), where I live there are no gamers!!! they are all dazzled by graphics spectacularity. The biggest games they played are: GTA San Andreas, NFS Underground, PES 2006 (the other cyber), NFS Carbono, Battlefield 1942, Halo Combat Evolved (my cyber); along with the cyber I'll set up 3 PS3 in the same room. On consoles: supergames, and on PCs: shooters (CS:S, Team Fortress, FEAR, HALO 2), that's my strategy.

Thanks for reply guys, according to Wikipedia: MINIMUM = NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 256 MB or ATi Radeon X1900 256 MB; RECOMENDED = NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GS 512 MB or ATi Radeon HD 3870 512 MB; the ATI Radeon 5450 it's biggest than the recomended, the game will not function properly at 1024x768 with very good graphics?

Thanks guys, I'll go with this card: HD 5750. Can I install it on my old system? (ASUS M2N-VM HDMI -GeForce 7050 integrated-, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+, 1GB DRR2). I have 6 PCs with this configuration, and need to build another 6.

Yep, most modern boards especially that HDMI-capable board of yours usually support PCI-Express cards. You also need a stronger power supply for that card, as it needs more power than low-end video cards. Personally I'd go for an equivalent Nvidia like a 550 or 560, but that's all up to you.

In my case I run IV on an Nvidia GT240 (which is meh card in my opinion as it has been overshadowed by newer models), with the game getting 20-40fps on medium. Not bad for a low-end rig like mine, but I can get better if I have the money.

Edited by Huckleberry Pie