6 replies to this topic

#1 CrazyGuru

CrazyGuru

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 25 December 2011 - 03:57 PM

We all know from Dan Houser’s recent statement that GTA V’s map will be very big, although not relative to any other game’s in the series.

"Question: You just released the GTA V trailer. Can you talk about that project in any respect? Obviously, it looks like it's going back to San Andreas.

Dan Houser: I've got to be real careful here, or they will drag me through the office and whip me with barbwire. I will stick to exactly what's in the press release. It's Los Santos and the surrounding counryside - and a very big map."

But actually there is something more. Houser said that he will stick to the press release. Obviously, he had, except one thing – the reference to map. If he had actually stuck to the press release and spoke nothing else out, then the only thing for which he could have used the “map phrase” should obviously be “largest and the most ambitious game”. So the largest/ambitious game must have actually referred to the map size. In other words, we will see the largest map yet created (in the GTA series) in GTA V (I am not just trying to tell that its going to be a large map, but I am trying to be more specific that it will be the LARGEST map yet).

#2 DaveyC

DaveyC

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • United States 

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:59 AM

That's a good point, I'm extremely excited to see the new game come out, considering I've been playing the series since I was a little kid! Each GTA definitely brings a great set of new additions, and I'm sure a massive map will be featured in this game :P

#3 Nate10

Nate10

Underboss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,937 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:19 AM

Yo man, for future posts regarding statements, add a link. Ensures validity. By the way nice post. Interesting news. I wonder how big it will be :D

#4 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:01 PM

I think Rockstar are hiding something(typical government agents in disguise) but i bet it will be great and totally awesome. So :)

#5 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:04 AM

Doesn't imply that those two other noteds; San Fierro or Las Venturras will exist in the new San Andreas, it's just that since VC, I recall, San An came up in the game's conversations. Others have speculated they know of these fictional locales from the top down games, of which I only dabbled in GTA 2 for Dreamcast

#6 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:48 PM

LC, VC, and SA were the locations in the original GTA.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#7 MrLanceVanceDance

MrLanceVanceDance

Consigliere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:54 AM

The GTA V Era rendition of Los Santos is gonna be really, really big. That is for sure. However, wether Las Venturas and San Fierro will be included is still a mystery. It would be really, really, great if GTA V was set on a bigger, better, completely redesigned San Andreas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users