Vice City Statistics

ibmp200

I have searched and advanced searched the forums here and didn't see the answer to my question, so I hope you'll pardon me if this is a repeat. I am wondering, in regards to Vice City, the computer version and the stats of Criminal Rating and Media Attention; are these really just accumulative data, or do these numbers and levels enable anything in the game? I've done everything there is in the game and have 100% completion. I have read in places through the internet that neither of these enable anything, but I just thought i'd check for sure at an official forum. Thanks.

Yes they just accumulate. Criminal Rating always goes up, it only goes down when certain cheats are used.

Media Attention varies based on how much media attention you are getting. Basically the longer you stay on 6 wanted stars and cause mayhem it will go up. It will gradually decrease if you don't keep this up.

These are just the stats that are active whenever you get an attained wanted star the more the crime the more criminal rating and the more time spent being chased by the cop (usually after 3 stars) the more media attention you get.

These only help you in getting points in the statistics and has absolutely nothing to do with the game.

The criminal rating is accumulative. For each crime you commit and for each incident where you cause mass destruction and/or mayhem, the criminal rating will rise. However, using certain cheats (namely the weapons and/or car spawning cheats) will reduce (and sometimes, even temporarily freeze) your criminal rating. The criminal rating is just for statistical purposes, it has no impact on gameplay, other than saying how big of a cheater you are.

The Media Attention varies based on how much media attention you are getting. Basically the longer you stay on 6 wanted stars and cause mass destruction and mayhem it will go up. It will gradually decrease if you don't keep this up. Unlike the criminal rating, it doesn't decrease. However, similar to the criminal rating, it has no impact on gameplay, other than saying how much of an attention magnet you are.