GTA III: 10 Year Anniversary Edition Coming to Mobile Devices 15th December

Chris

Rockstar have announced through the Newswire that the 10th anniversary edition of Grand Theft Auto III will be arriving on mobile devices next week on the 15th December. The game will launch on the App Store and Android Marketplace at a low price point of just $4.99 (£2.99 / 3,99 €). Rockstar have also updated the list of devices the game will be compatible with:

Apple iOS Devices: iPad 1 & 2, iPhone 4 & 4S, iPod touch 4th Generation

Android Phones: HTC Rezound, LG Optimus 2x, Motorola Atrix 4G, Motorola Droid X2, Motorola Photon 4G, Samsung Galaxy R, T-Mobile G2x

Android Tablets: Acer Iconia, Asus Eee Pad Transformer, Dell Streak 7, LG Optimus Pad, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 and 10.1, Sony Tablet S, Toshiba Thrive

Personally I cannot wait to play this game, as you can see from a few screenshots that Rockstar included in the news post, it's easily one of the best looking mobile games out there right now. Let us know in the comments if you'll be getting the game and what device you'll be playing it on.

I doubt it will be that big. The PC version is under 1.3GB. The mobile versions should be smaller than this since it will only play at a single resolution (meaning graphics and probably other things can be optimised for the specific device's resolution).

For comparison, Chinatown Wars takes up 768MB of space on my iPad, not many games take more than this. In fact only Rage and Real Racing 2 take up more than 1GB. So I'd imagine GTA3 will be around this size too.