Photo
- - - - -

Problem with modding GTA SA

GTA SA problems with modding bike motorbike bikes.ifp replacing with original files

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Nitrous Oxide

Nitrous Oxide

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Slovenia 

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:12 PM

Hi,
Guys, I have a problem, actually two -.-"
The first problem is with my GTA SA modding. I can't mode it anymore. Also my entire GTA SA map is 'Read Only' and I can't uncheck that. I've tried with SAMI and IMG Tool, but it just crashes... And yes, I've patched it :P Help please?
The second problem is, that when I could mode, I installed a bike, that needed right player position on it. So the file bikes.ifp has been replaced. The new position was like s***. The player was literally lying on the bike, even my dad laughed when he saw it. But here is the problem, I can't install the original position, and I've tried everything! I replaced with the original file, I replaced it with an original file from some web page with original file, I reinstalled the game, but still nothing! The player is still lying on the! Please help me! Thank you :)
P.S. I also attached the picture, when the stupid player is lying on the stupid bike...

#2 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:07 PM

You patched it? Well there's your problem. Un-patch it.

Version 1.1 = blocks mods.

#3 Nitrous Oxide

Nitrous Oxide

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Slovenia 

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:22 PM

But, it says that the patch is for mods. I could not install mods, then I patched it, and it worked, but now, it still doesn't. And thank you soooo much for respodning that fast! :D

#4 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:33 PM

Hmm well if you can't uncheck Read Only you probably need admin rights.

#5 Nitrous Oxide

Nitrous Oxide

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Slovenia 

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:56 PM

Yes, it also asks me for admin rights, and I click OK, but then, I check again and the square for read only is still marked o.O And with the mods is like this. When I install a mod with SAMI everything is OK, but in game, when I come near the vehicle, the game crashes. Why is that? Is it because the SA files are read only? And why can't I fix the player position?

Edited by Nitrous Oxide, 11 November 2011 - 09:05 PM.

#6 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:59 AM

Read only means they can't be changed so yeah...

You need to give yourself full admin rights from Control Panel.

I can only tell you for Windows 7, but it's pretty easy to find for other OS on Google.

#7 Nitrous Oxide

Nitrous Oxide

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Slovenia 

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:04 PM

Yes, I have Windows 7 Buisness Edition :) And where on the Control Panel can I change that?

#8 Nitrous Oxide

Nitrous Oxide

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Slovenia 

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:23 AM

Sorry for spaming, but now it's even worse. Everytime I get near NRG500 the game crashes. I reinstalled it, deleted savegames, all. But if I get let's say to the spot in Los Santos where is NRG500 the game crashes before I can even see it. I give up :(

#9 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:06 PM

Sorry for spaming, but now it's even worse. Everytime I get near NRG500 the game crashes. I reinstalled it, deleted savegames, all. But if I get let's say to the spot in Los Santos where is NRG500 the game crashes before I can even see it. I give up :(

In that case you didn't install the mod correctly.

#10 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:08 PM

You need to replace the modded .DFF and .TXD with the original .DFF and .TXD then start the game i guess it will work.

next time use IMG 2.0 tool instead of SAMI, okay?

#11 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:32 PM

You need to replace the modded .DFF and .TXD with the original .DFF and .TXD then start the game i guess it will work.

And rebuild the archive. I think that's what he forgot to do.

If you don't wanna wait for that, use a different IMG editor just get rid of SAMI.

#12 TatarAndrei96

TatarAndrei96

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Romania 

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:03 PM

hey! I have a problem. Every time I replace about 10-15 cars, get into the game and all the buildings and streets have disappeared! What can I do? Please help me! :))

#13 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:06 PM

hey! I have a problem. Every time I replace about 10-15 cars, get into the game and all the buildings and streets have disappeared! What can I do? Please help me! :))

Start a new topic dude!

#14 Nitrous Oxide

Nitrous Oxide

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Slovenia 

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:42 PM

Yeah, that was the first thing I tried, but it didn't work... I wrote that here, I replaced it with original, but it still didn't work, so I found this website with all GTA SA files uploaded. I downloaded the files I needed, replaced, still the same...

Edited by Nitrous Oxide, 02 January 2012 - 12:43 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GTA SA, problems, with modding, bike, motorbike, bikes.ifp, replacing, with, original, files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users