Modern warfare 3

Mike356

Haven't played the single player campaign yet, I went straight into multiplayer which is what I bought the game for. I'm pretty pleased with it so far.

I had more fun online with MW and MW2, I preferred the maps in MW, and some of MW2... but we'll see how this goes. I think it's better than Black Ops though so that's a good sign.

Guarantee you'll still get people coming in here talking about how Activision/IW "pump out the same shit every year" etc, despite your pleas for a normal topic. Best just to ignore ;)

Really really bad? Like what aspects of it exactly? It's pretty much the same as MW1 and MW2 so if you liked those then it really isn't bad lol.

MW3 has dedicated servers but there's only about 100 or so on the list, only about 10 of them have any people on. I think only clans use them. It's actually kinda weird how so many people kicked up a fuss about the lack of them but now they've added them they are barely used.

Might as well make a list of things I like about it:

• Customising classes is better, nice to be able to have different killstreak rewards for different classes, although personally I tend to use the same shit.
  • Not many people noobtube. A few still do and it's annoying as fuck. But it's nowhere near as bad as it was in MW2
  • Multiplayer seems fairly well balanced
  • PC version now actually has multiplayer leaderboards

What I don't like:

• Same game engine - it's tried and tested, works well. BUT I really think they need a new one or at least a major upgrade. The graphics are shit. I suppose it means everyone has a way better frame rate but still, petty much the same as MW1 and that was how many years go? Console gaming is significantly holding back graphics progression on the PC.
  • Hackers already starting to appear. Top 20 on the leaderboards are obvious hackers (1 trillion points from 5 games lol)
  • Knifing is a bit weird. When I knife someone it's like a 50/50 chances it will 'miss' them. Today, I died from a knifing and I had actually ran straight past the guy (didn't see him) but obviously he saw me so he went to knife me, but I saw on his killcam I had already gone past him, like he knifed in the wrong direction but somehow I still died. I recall this occasionally happening in MW2 but it wasn't this bad. And no, I don't think either of us were lagging or anything.
  • Still no usable vehicles. I know CoD is a pretty fast shooting game and has smaller maps, maybe it would become too similar to BF if they did add vehicles... I dunno.

Comparisons with Battlefield 3 are inevitable, and since I own both games I can actually give a valid opinion. I like both games, but right now I am getting a lot more enjoyment out of MW3. BF3 just has too many bugs and is too laggy and stuff right now that it's frustrating to play. There are however things I prefer about Battlefield, but I'll post them in the BF topic so this one can stay about MW3.

I've played the SP, to be honest, that's the only reason this game is worth for.To finish the story from MW2.The game itself is shit.The SMAW and a couple other weapons are taken over from BF3.The M4 design is from the game 'Homefront'.I think this is the reason they waited for BF3 to come out first, so they could fill in blanks they had with weapons and the story itself.Cause you know, the way Solomon dies in BF3 is physically, hits from a brick, here it also is by

hanging makarov.

Story itself is noticeably longer, took me 3 hours to finish it.

Edited by Damjan

I played it too yesterday... runs like crap although it looks just like MW2 (which ran perfectly), couldn't even pass the 1st level on Recruit although MW and MW2 were a breeze at Regular... the AI just charges at you with the knives, and there are so many fucking special effects I can barely distinguish people from scenery let alone enemies from friends.

• Like 1

I played it too yesterday... runs like crap although it looks just like MW2 (which ran perfectly), couldn't even pass the 1st level on Recruit although MW and MW2 were a breeze at Regular... the AI just charges at you with the knives, and there are so many fucking special effects I can barely distinguish people from scenery let alone enemies from friends.

Yeah forgot to mention that the AI difficulty is way harder in this one.Hardened on Spec Ops, all about you rushing or you're dead.

Yeah forgot to mention that the AI difficulty is way harder in this one.Hardened on Spec Ops, all about you rushing or you're dead.

Wouldn't be so bad if I could see what I'm shooting at. Plus they seem to have zoomed in the weapons even more.

I don't see the point in buying this game soley for the campaign, it's only about 5 hour's long. I rather get skyrim, or gow3. Essentially all the multiplayer is on MW3 is the exact same formula, but with new maps and a few new gadgets.. And I've been told MW3's multiplayer is somehow worse. Which I don't understand how they did that since they've just been re-releasing the same game over and over again.

MW3 has dedicated servers but there's only about 100 or so on the list, only about 10 of them have any people on. I think only clans use them. It's actually kinda weird how so many people kicked up a fuss about the lack of them but now they've added them they are barely used.

Dedis are unranked. From what i understand they did that to stop servers from sending fake stats to their battlelog thing.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

no for games like these its hard to listen to reviews just simply due to the insane amount of fanboys Call of duty and battlefield have its almost impossible to get a true unbiased review of either game and sure not gonna lie call of duty does has it's flaws with no dedicated server's im sure anyone who has played it has host migration once a day or even once a game. the few things that should be changed though are get rid of the stealth bomber from support or get rid of support all togethor and get the game on dedicatated servers.

• 4 weeks later...

Modern Warfare 3 is an awesome game. I advise all people to play survival mode it's badass!

Anyways been about 4/5 months since it's been out so yeah. The only thing I can hate on is campers for fuck sake there just bloody annoying when I nearly have a killstreak and *dead* because of the guy hiding in the 'dark' corner and prone and killing all who go past. Strangely enough they all use heartbeat sensors, they move after 2-3 kills so the person who got killed doesn't get to kill the camper.

I just have to say 'I hate Battlefield 3' sorry BF3 fans but yeah :).

But what I love the most is theatre mode it's better then black ops, we can record our gameplay and share with out friends and family ( who like cod) just for the lulz to watch again and again. Only stupid limit is Elite, so we can have only 30 secs to record, when Elite users get 4:30 but I can still merge clips together for a montage by: downloading + sony vegas! You have only eight rendered slots though! So yeah you have to delete frequently when non Elite.

In the recent update YOU HAVE TO HAVE Elite to play the maps you purchased online even if you brought it with credit card/ms points/ psn points! It's quite a lot £35 is about the price of an game, I mean all you get is the maps packs free, and some clan benefits and some n00by fight night videos whatever.I mean Halo they let you record for about 2:30 with like 16 slots and you only pay if you're running out slots. I can understand COD has millions but that doesn't mean they can't set up another server for videos. They make millions in profit.

Ha Lance heard you say that 100 times before bro, dude you are quite wrong, MW3 has a lot more players online and in my opinion online is the stuff, and freedom. Stuff Like being a troll is the fun :)

troll%2Bface.jpg

But I can't argue when it comes to online mods GTA SA , GTA Sells COD.

I can tell you for a fact though: if black ops 2 features no major changes then I am not buying. And why cant IW work with fucking TR god.

Edited by DarkMeshy