• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:08 PM

I have a feeling that these 2 guys are the same guy:

http://www.thegtapla...railer1_022.jpg - this guy

http://www.thegtapla...railer1_028.jpg - and the guy on the right

He looks like Tommy, just saying.

Edited by stickyicky, 02 November 2011 - 10:24 PM.

#2 Vulpecula

Vulpecula

Numbers Runner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  •    England 

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:56 AM

I wouldn't say so. The guy leading the heist seems to have a different build to him, and different hair. And let us remember that at this point, Tommy is 60 years old. He wouldn't be as up to it physically anymore, and with his empire - barring some interim catastrophe - I doubt he'd need to go back to robbing banks for money.

#3 Dmac

Dmac

Made Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:23 AM

They could be the same people. They at least look like the same people from what we can see. As for him being Tommy? Not sure.

PXhBw.png

www.dmac.pw

#4 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:35 PM

To me they are the same person but I don't think it is Tommy Vercetti, protagonists that usually do return have only a minor cut-scene role and not a mission type return like this would suggest.
I think this guy looks important though.

Posted Image
Thanks to OGTAM for the Sig

#5 TrialByFire

TrialByFire

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:24 PM

I agree with Hussain (btw you used to be Red Devil right?) even in the DLC for IV you only see Niko Bellic in the first cutscene in TLaTD and in one mission in TLaTD and only because it is a mission that you do as Niko in IV and do again in TLaTD from Jonny's perspective.

I have no problem with people believing what they want, until they think it's right to try and change what I believe.

I'm so happy, I could shit a rainbow!

#6 Artur

Artur

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:37 PM

Pretty positive that it's the same dude. Notice the similar hairlines. It would also make sense because the first shot is when he's talking about how his 'kids will be like the kids on TV...' but 'you know how it is' and then it switches to the robbery scene implying that it's the same guy narrating as the one shown in both scenes.

Posted Image

Courtesy of TM!

#7 Vulpecula

Vulpecula

Numbers Runner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  •    England 

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:42 PM

Hmm, on second thoughts, it probably is the same guy. Very unlikely to be Tommy, though. :P

#8 Red_Squirrel_UK

Red_Squirrel_UK

Thug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •    England 

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:00 PM

Also when you see the guy in the car with the soft top roof going down, doesnt anyone else think he look's like CJ? cus he has got a white vest top but his face does look very different which I figured was just cus of different graphics engine

#9 Artur

Artur

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:29 PM

Also when you see the guy in the car with the soft top roof going down, doesnt anyone else think he look's like CJ? cus he has got a white vest top but his face does look very different which I figured was just cus of different graphics engine

Once again he does look slightly similar but if this game is taking place in present day, then CJ would easily be in his 40s by now.

Posted Image

Courtesy of TM!

#10 Sodacake

Sodacake

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Ireland 

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:53 PM

I wouldn't say so. The guy leading the heist seems to have a different build to him, and different hair. And let us remember that at this point, Tommy is 60 years old. He wouldn't be as up to it physically anymore, and with his empire - barring some interim catastrophe - I doubt he'd need to go back to robbing banks for money.

I doubt Tommy even has an empire anymore. As much of a badass as Tommy was, he probably ended up like Pegorino.

#11 Vulpecula

Vulpecula

Numbers Runner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  •    England 

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:09 PM

I doubt Tommy even has an empire anymore. As much of a badass as Tommy was, he probably ended up like Pegorino.

I did allow room for some unforseen mishap to occur. It's always a possibility. And a character study of a fallen Tommy would certainly be interesting in and of itself...

#12 Sodacake

Sodacake

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Ireland 

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:12 PM

It would, but I've always thought that the Pegorino and Gravelli characters in GTA IV was Rockstar's way of addressing the fate of guys like Tommy.

#13 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:15 PM

I dont think they both are the same.

#14 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:59 PM

Its possible they're the same people. Same hairline, but half of his face IS covered up. I think that was the point of the mask for the heist or whatever they are doing. So no one would recognize or be able to point him out :P

#15 Red_Squirrel_UK

Red_Squirrel_UK

Thug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •    England 

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:29 PM

I hope it's tommy lol.. I want as much nostalgic crammed into this game as possible ^.^ and alot of that involve's not making this game smaller than the actual game that is.. S.A

#16 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:48 AM

Its possible they're the same people. Same hairline, but half of his face IS covered up. I think that was the point of the mask for the heist or whatever they are doing. So no one would recognize or be able to point him out :P

lol or they might be brothers or twins i might add. However, i think they both must be playable characters.

#17 MrLanceVanceDance

MrLanceVanceDance

Consigliere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:22 AM

Both of the guys are the same guys. However, it is very unlikely that the character is Tommy. Tommy would be about 60 at present, which means he is not fit and athletic wnough to rob banks. Also, he has a huge thriving empire, he has all of the money he wants.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users