29 replies to this topic

#21 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:39 AM

I'm a little dissappointed of several things...

1st the graphics, they look LA Noire-ish. GTA IV had style I'll give Rockstar that much...
Then the cars, some of them resemble their real life counterparts about 90% and the remaining 10% are some random body mods that totally ruin the design.... others are just flat out ugly. The Huntley from IV was awesome, this one is... bah. I also haven't spotted any customized cars...
Lastly, I haven't seen any shooting... just a few guns that still look like crap.

#22 blindklb1

blindklb1

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:59 AM

What I think would be really cool... Is if there just keeping the other 2 city's from us. I think it would be an amazing downloadable add on to gta 5. Idk I just really am going to miss having the entire state of San Andreas to roam around in. They better bring LV and SF back eventually. I'm sure they will, it's just a question of if it's in this game... An add on... Or another game. I would prefer the add on idea so I CAN roam the entire state.

#23 NotYouHaha

NotYouHaha

Ronin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:29 PM

Definitely not disappointed. Maybe it is the hype or my imagination, but I couldn't be happier that there is officially another GTA coming up. That being said, I liked IV over San Andreas (probably because of the graphics, engine and overall better improvements). But just the atmosphere alone in GTA V however, is just gorgeous compared to the blue-ish, dull one of GTA IV. The engine of Grand Theft Auto IV in Los Santos, with an appealing orange sunshine, planes, an open landscape, and a good story to tell? Sign me up.

You like IV better then San Andreas? ><

Gimmi gameplay over graphics ANY DAY

Yes, but I'm not saying that I like GTA IV just because of the graphical improvements. San Andreas had a lot of features, yes, but I feel GTA IV was better due to many things. A better wanted system, more diverse pedestrians, more advanced AI, a better vehicle damage system, a better storyline (I didn't enjoy San Andreas' gangster storyline as much). I did like San Andreas, I had spent many, many hours playing with mods as well as SA:MP and MTA:SA. Still, I think GTA IV is a better game if you don't take into account the mods.

Sorry for getting a little off-topic there, but hopefully GTA V will make both GTA IV and San Andreas fans happy.

#24 Red_Squirrel_UK

Red_Squirrel_UK

Thug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •    England 

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:34 PM

Definitely not disappointed. Maybe it is the hype or my imagination, but I couldn't be happier that there is officially another GTA coming up. That being said, I liked IV over San Andreas (probably because of the graphics, engine and overall better improvements). But just the atmosphere alone in GTA V however, is just gorgeous compared to the blue-ish, dull one of GTA IV. The engine of Grand Theft Auto IV in Los Santos, with an appealing orange sunshine, planes, an open landscape, and a good story to tell? Sign me up.

You like IV better then San Andreas? ><

Gimmi gameplay over graphics ANY DAY

Yes, but I'm not saying that I like GTA IV just because of the graphical improvements. San Andreas had a lot of features, yes, but I feel GTA IV was better due to many things. A better wanted system, more diverse pedestrians, more advanced AI, a better vehicle damage system, a better storyline (I didn't enjoy San Andreas' gangster storyline as much). I did like San Andreas, I had spent many, many hours playing with mods as well as SA:MP and MTA:SA. Still, I think GTA IV is a better game if you don't take into account the mods.

Sorry for getting a little off-topic there, but hopefully GTA V will make both GTA IV and San Andreas fans happy.

Yeah some aspect's of GTA IV were better then Sa, but did you ever find walking on foot abit 'clunky'.. I dunno, I feel moving around on foot on SA feel's alot more 'fluid' and 'natural'.. Maybe it's just me. Also the wanted system I would say is the best improved thing about GTA.

GTA V will indeed make me very happy, but as to wether or not it will be better than SA for me.. Well, we'll have to see. I am hoping everything that was in San Andreas, will be in GTA V plus new stuff and new engine ect.

#25 kriss3d

kriss3d

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:02 AM

Artur. Yeah sorry. English isnt my main language. Id love to get some interaction with Jeff.. uhmm i mean O.G LOC..
I do really miss the old radiospots from vice City too.. I mean.. "Degenertron" commercials were a laugh.

Im really looking forward to seeing how much everythings changed. Im sure it has alot. SA was based around the hood but i guess most of that is now urban metro now.

#26 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:10 PM

I'm a little dissappointed of several things...

1st the graphics, they look LA Noire-ish. GTA IV had style I'll give Rockstar that much...
Then the cars, some of them resemble their real life counterparts about 90% and the remaining 10% are some random body mods that totally ruin the design.... others are just flat out ugly. The Huntley from IV was awesome, this one is... bah. I also haven't spotted any customized cars...
Lastly, I haven't seen any shooting... just a few guns that still look like crap.

1. Duh, being a game based in the same city made by the same people around the same time? Probably going to look similar, just sayin'.

2. Who cares if ANY of the cars resemble their "real life counterparts"? And there has to be ugly cars and crappy cars. I'm sorry, not everything is going to be fast and sexy just for you.

3. Again, who cares. We don't need car customization. But you know what? I didn't see any customized car in the original San Andreas trailer, either.

4. We don't need shooting in the trailer to know we can do it in the game. Just like they don't have to show someone stealing a car, we kind of already get that by this point. I mean, it's only the 13th iteration, not including Lost or Ballad.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#27 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:33 AM

Los santos theme is okay but adding the next two cities?? It would take your pretty disk space. As for the game R* already said that its the biggest game ever to be released in the GTA series with only LA lol

#28 kriss3d

kriss3d

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:27 AM

Now play nice you two. Theres no reason to get all exited.

And yes.. Its more like a teaser than anything else. Lets just sit tight and wait for R* to throw us a bone more so we hopfully get to see a tad gameplay or more plot.

So far It does look a bit like mafia style (with that guy we so far belive is the protagonist)

#29 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:16 AM

I was thinking though, in lieu of another trailer, Study the Rockstar Game Midnight Club for ideas about RAGE evolving, The story should be like either of the three GTA IV stories Episodes and Niko and Roman Bellic, and then there's DLC for GTA V as well, I am hoping there's time for all that on this Generation. The improvements will be enough, really.

Another thing is this puts some crimp in the idea of a PSVita version of San Andreas

Edited by BlackListedB, 09 November 2011 - 11:17 AM.

#30 MrLanceVanceDance

MrLanceVanceDance

Consigliere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:43 AM

Don't worry guys. GTA V will be a definite cracker!! The trailer does not reveal all about GTA V. There will be some surprises coming up soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users