Los Santos confirmed - what about SF and LV?

TheGunslinger

If you have watched the trailer you will know that Los Santos will be a location in GTAV. But what of San Fierro and Las Venturas? Do you think these cities will also be included so to make up the whole state of San Andreas?

Personally i would love to see an new San Fierro and Las Venturas. I also hope the small country towns in between make a return too. So many questions, not enough answers lol.

I think it'd be fun to see those cities appear in DLC. At least that's more than a storyline (TLAD/BOGT) and would be awesome enough for everyone to buy. AND it means the first release has more time to be perfected, instead of trying to rush 2 more cities, or just delaying it more and more.

This sounds like an amazing idea.

In GTA V they could do it so you just get Los Santos to play around in, then in the first DLC you get Los Santos, the badlands and San Fierro and then in the final DLC you get access all areas.

Gerard: You do realize the game will probably have bout 50 GB right? Whole cities as DLC... don't know.

It would be inconvenient for those who don't have ridiculous internet speeds. Of course, most of those people would probably just be like, "Oh well, noob get a better internet connection!!!"

I think DLC is novelty, personally. Just give me the whole game when I drop 60-70 dollars on it.

You guys all forgetting the GTA IV DLCs were released on disc as well as download?

I think it's plausible. But I still think we might see all of San Andreas in the game from the start. If size is an issue (for 360 and PC) then multiple discs (like LA Noire) can get around that. Obviously PS3 has bluray so I don't think it'll be an issue there.

You guys all forgetting the GTA IV DLCs were released on disc as well as download?

I think it's plausible. But I still think we might see all of San Andreas in the game from the start. If size is an issue (for 360 and PC) then multiple discs (like LA Noire) can get around that. Obviously PS3 has bluray so I don't think it'll be an issue there.

Yeah with separate content... just like buying 2 separate demos but with the whole map.

Uhmm last thing i remember was DLC for GTA franchise is for PS3 only.. I never got the chance to play BOGT or anything else. By the way.. I thought the city resembled Vice city.. Los Santos.. Which part is that supposed to be ( yeah sorry but its a long time since i played the older Gta games so please bring me up to speed on locations.. Ive hard los santos quite a few times in here but i cant remember which game or where its supposed to be (or what real city its supposed to be)

trailer1_008.jpg

:dribble:

If this screenshot is anything to go by the map is going to be fecking huge. I dont think size will be an issue though, i mean they managed to fit the Just Cause 2 map onto one disk.

If it were just Los Santos, I don't think the license plates would say "San Andreas".

Wasn't the mountain right outside of San Fierro? It's been ages since I've played San Andreas. Then again, it's going to be a completely different looking San Andreas than the one we've seen. So the mountain doesn't mean anything just yet. We'll probably know with the next trailer.

Oh ok so DLC was out for xbox and ps3.. well my point is that it did never get released for PC which is sad. Anyway with Los Santos.. So basicly GTA5 is San andreas though moved slightly so its in Los Santos now ? Which means San Andreas could be on the map ?? I cant remember los santos at all from SA.. Except a radiostation with that name.. Did we get to actually go to Los Santos in SA ?? San Fierro was the hillbilly contryside right ?

sanandreas_map.jpg

Yes, Los Santos was the first city you could access. IMO it Rockstar wouldn't use a physical barrier to prevent us from going any further. The hillbilly countryside was above Los Santos. San Andreas wouldn't be complete without Las Venturas, the desert, and San Fiero huge bay area. I 100% believe these two cities will be in the final game.

If it were just Los Santos, I don't think the license plates would say "San Andreas".

Wasn't the mountain right outside of San Fierro? It's been ages since I've played San Andreas. Then again, it's going to be a completely different looking San Andreas than the one we've seen. So the mountain doesn't mean anything just yet. We'll probably know with the next trailer.

Los Angeles plates say California don't they?

Oh ok so DLC was out for xbox and ps3.. well my point is that it did never get released for PC which is sad. Anyway with Los Santos.. So basicly GTA5 is San andreas though moved slightly so its in Los Santos now ? Which means San Andreas could be on the map ?? I cant remember los santos at all from SA.. Except a radiostation with that name.. Did we get to actually go to Los Santos in SA ?? San Fierro was the hillbilly contryside right ?

The DLC did get released for PC as well actually. As for San Andreas you got access to each city in the following order Los Santos (Los Angeles), San Fierro (San Francisco) and Las Venturas (Las Vegas). San Andreas (California) is the state that those cities are in, so based on the official R* announcement the game is set in Los Santos with the surrouding countryside, mountains and beaches. Basically the bottom half of the old SA map that totalaccessGTA posted. However, if they are re-imagining the city, they might change out the layout and geography just as MLL said in another thread.

Despite the fact it's just Los Santos, I have a feeling it's still going to be massive. The only reason I say that is because of what R* said;

"Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created."

Edited by Dmac

The DLC did get released for PC as well actually. As for San Andreas you got access to each city in the following order Los Santos (Los Angeles), San Fierro (San Francisco) and Las Venturas (Las Vegas). San Andreas (California) is the state that those cities are in, so based on the official R* announcement the game is set in Los Santos with the surrouding countryside, mountains and beaches. Basically the bottom half of the old SA map that totalaccessGTA posted. However, if they are re-imagining the city, they might change out the layout and geography just as MLL said in another thread.

Las Vegas isn't in Cali, it's in Nevada.

No, no, the DLC's were also available for the PC; you could use the Games for Windows Live Marketplace to buy them. And honestly I'm thinking this game will focus more on Los Santos, the city already looks huge and R*'s pushing the limits, I don't think they would put two more cities, maybe risking delays in the game due to problems (Remember IV PS3 not handling the graphics).

• 2 months later...