• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#41 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:13 PM

Wikipedia knows no more information than us. It's just normal people editing a wiki. That's just other people's opinion.

The George Naylor thing doesn't appear to be official - there's no announcement.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

And not a single fuck was given that day.

#42 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:16 PM

Vice city? That would be incredible.
Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#43 Rowie235

Rowie235

Always watching...... -_-

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:23 PM

I'm not afraid to admit here that I squealed like a little schoolgirl when I saw the trailer posted on FB. I had no idea it was even announced. *EXCITEMENT OVERLOAD*
Posted Image

I'm Me...

#44 TrialByFire

TrialByFire

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:28 PM

Well it's safe to say that this is now the most anticipated video game of my whole entire life...

I have no problem with people believing what they want, until they think it's right to try and change what I believe.

I'm so happy, I could shit a rainbow!

#45 EvoLuTioN

EvoLuTioN

Call me Evo ...

• Members
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:28 PM

Awesome trailer.

Quoting some trailer analysis made by a redditor.

Okay, let's take this all in and consider what we learn about the game from this trailer:

• Will be set at least in Los Santos, possibly all of San Andreas (edit: It is San Andreas, you see it on the license plates. And the bug exterminator's van says "Los Santos" on is, meaning that there's a very good chance we will get all 3 cities)
  • Dogs/animals are in game
  • A MASSIVE looking mountain
  • Biplanes/jets
  • Jet skis? (name of the Jetski? Speeophile 2000)
  • At least one area of town will be "Little Seoul" (:32)
  • Ok, at different points in the trailer there are what looks like different people driving cars. At first I thought it was a sign that the ability to control your whole appearance is back, but when I look closer it almost seems like you would be controlling a different character
  • If the main character winds up being Tommy Vercetti 25 years after the events of Vice City (VO sounds a hell of a lot like Ray Liotta, guy at :40 looks like Tommy) I am pre-ordering this game tomorrow, holy shit
Just to keep in mind, next October does happen to be the 10 year anniversary of Vice City...
What else?
ALSO! Here's the song used in the trailer:
http://www.youtube.c...d&v=l0xFS3qd73k

It's by the Small Faces, called "Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake/Afterglow" Full expect it to be available as a song on a radio station, as all other GTA trailer songs have been

http://www.reddit.co...trailer/c2wfxtf

Edited by EvoLuTioN, 02 November 2011 - 05:29 PM.

Reality - An illusion caused by Alcohol Deficiency

Posted Image
xfire|Steam ID : evolutionevoz

#46 TrialByFire

TrialByFire

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:39 PM

So it could be continuing Tommy Vercetti's story in time to be released on VC's 10 year anniversary? Sounds possible...

I have no problem with people believing what they want, until they think it's right to try and change what I believe.

#47 Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,736 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:44 PM

If they do bring back Vercetti in any way, I am SOLD. Most badass GTA character.

#48 TrialByFire

TrialByFire

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:46 PM

^ Too fucking right mate.

#49 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:47 PM

Wikipedia knows no more information than us. It's just normal people editing a wiki. That's just other people's opinion.

The George Naylor thing doesn't appear to be official - there's no announcement.

Sure.

#50 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:54 PM

Some fail analysis from IGNorants:

#51 EvoLuTioN

EvoLuTioN

Call me Evo ...

• Members
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:13 PM

Posted Image

Reality - An illusion caused by Alcohol Deficiency

Posted Image
xfire|Steam ID : evolutionevoz

#52 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:17 PM

I noticed a few planes and vehicles that were in San Andreas.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#53 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,917 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:28 PM

I've just added some analysis and observations to the first post. Please let us know if we missed anything!

#54 Artur

Artur

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

If they do bring back Vercetti in any way, I am SOLD. Most badass GTA character.

As much as I would love that, and thought that the voice KINDA sounded like Ray Liotta, it is pretty unlikely. Considering that the game seems to be set in the modern day (style of cars, hinted recession theme and that building under construction mentioned in the IGN analysis) and Tommy was born in 1951. That would mean he would be +55 years old in this game. And the guy looks old, but not THAT old.

Sure.

Notice how the George Naylor statement isn't on the Wikipedia page any more?

Some fail analysis from IGNorants:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LjRHKlOcfg&feature=feedu

Haha what a bunch of fuckheads, 'is that Lance Vance walking down the street in the sweater vest?!?', then the fan on Twitter corrects them.

Edited by Artur, 02 November 2011 - 06:48 PM.

Posted Image

Courtesy of TM!

#55 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:36 PM

Words evade me. I came a little, though.

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#56 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,917 posts

Right about TV, more likely to be Tony Cipriani then?

#57 Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,736 posts
  • No Flag 

Yeah that's a fair point on the whole Vercetti thing, shame.

#58 Artur

Artur

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:40 PM

I just read your initial post about TC. Very possible, looks quite like him. Also it would make sense that Toni would move to SA 'for the weather' instead of Tommy who lives/lived in beautiful VC :P I never got to play LCS though since my PSP had a very short lifespan. Was it worth a play?

Edited by Artur, 02 November 2011 - 06:45 PM.

Posted Image

Courtesy of TM!

#59 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,917 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:45 PM

LCS was quite good yeah. It's also on PS2 remember ;)

I just reworded the sentence after some more thought. I think we can definitely rule out Tommy since the guy does NOT look 60 years old, as Tommy would be now, so can't be him. It Could still be TC though, but I'm not convinced that's him in the screenshot. The narration over the trailer does SOUND a bit like Ray Liotta though (voice of Tony Cipriani).

#60 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:51 PM

LCS was quite good yeah. It's also on PS2 remember ;)

I just reworded the sentence after some more thought. I think we can definitely rule out Tommy since the guy does NOT look 60 years old, as Tommy would be now, so can't be him. It Could still be TC though, but I'm not convinced that's him in the screenshot. The narration over the trailer does SOUND a bit like Ray Liotta though (voice of Tony Cipriani).

Ray Liotta was Tommy Vercetti..... Tony was voiced by Danny Mastrogiorgio. Unless you mean in GTA III, in which it was Michael Madsen.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users