First GTA V trailer is here!

Chris

http://www.thegtaplace.com/image.php?img=gtav/screencaps/trailer1_040.jpg

Anyone else notice the bicycle in this guys drive? Bicycles were so much fun in the original SA! I'm hoping we get to ride them in V.

Yes, I pointed it out in our analysis. I would fully expect to be able to ride bikes again. Can't see why we wouldn't. The other interesting thing about that screenshot is the windows are open, which makes me assume we'll be able to go inside.

I'm not taking any credit for this but a user on the Rockstar Newswire CommonSeb noticed that @ the 55sec. mark while the man is pushing the sign into the dirt on the driveway the # of the house is "2405".

Now as we know the song used in the trailer is Ogden' Nut Gone Flake which was released May 24, 1968. http://en.wikipedia...._Nut_Gone_Flake

Speculated release date: May 24, 2012. Interesting no? Thoughts?

Edit: Fixed link.

Edited by totalaccessGTA

I'm not taking any credit for this but a user on the Rockstar Newswire CommonSeb noticed that @ the 55sec. mark while the man is pushing the sign into the dirt on the driveway the # of the house is "2405".

Now as we know the song used in the trailer is Ogden' Nut Gone Flake which was released May 24, 1968. http://en.wikipedia...._Nut_Gone_Flake

Speculated release date: May 24, 2012. Interesting no? Thoughts?

Edit: Fixed link.

If it does come out then, I guess I'll be failing my Uni exams a month and a half later lol.

@Evo: Good stuff there, I somehow managed to miss the AK47s before seeing your screenshots but that looks to be an amazing mission. However, I don't think that we'll be able to kick doors open. This isn't a gameplay trailer and many of the clips used in the trailer looks to be from a cutscene, like they did with previous trailers. That scene in particular looks very much to be from a cutscene.

Here are some quick screenshots that I took myself:

0:34 - The return of the ability to work out at gyms?

beachgym34s.png

0:26 - Collapsing roof on convertibles? Possible that this is just from a cutscene however, and not actual gameplay.

convertiblecollapsingroof26s.png

1:05 - The new LSPD motto and logo?

lspdcar1m05s.png

0:18, 1:03, 1:09, 1:12 - Also, that blimp (as mentioned by Evo) in the trailer looks a little odd to me. It looks as though it is stationary and located in the same spot throughout the whole trailer.

blimp18s.png

blimp1m03s.png

blimp1m09s.png

blimp1m12s.png

Am I looking too much into this? I'll bet that it is just under development but it is a good thing to take note of.

0:29 - And, last screenshot, what appears to be a Skimmer/seaplane is visible in the windmill portion of the trailer.

seaplane29s.png

Edited by NotYouHaha

Yes I'm pretty sure we have roughly a year (at least) to wait for the release. To expand on my idea of multiple playable characters, here's a couple screenshots of the guy who appears 2 or 3 times during the trailer.

redcardude1l4f.png

^ For this one I noticed that at the last possible second before the trailer changes to another scene, the guy in the red car sticks his head back a bit behind the windshield so he can check out the girl's ass haha. Which was also the way I was able to screenshot his face.

redcardude29ge.png

redcardude3xk5.png

^Here he is again shown later in the trailer when he is evading the cops and crashes into a blue car in the process.

robbery1lzi.png

^And to tie this character to the storyline, I slowly went through the robbery scene and noticed that it is possible that he is the driver of the van. Physical features look vaguely similar (although it is hard to tell because of the lack of light); bald head, dark complexion and it looks like he is wearing wifebeater.

Anyways I think that it is very possible that this guy may be a playable character in the game in addition to the presently assumed middle aged main character. The trailer features him driving a few times in a similar focus to the way the 'main character' is shown driving. This could mean that there are multiple protagonists or MAYBE a first time co-op mode/storyline in the series. What do you guys think?

• Like 2

Yes I'm pretty sure we have roughly a year (at least) to wait for the release. To expand on my idea of multiple playable characters, here's a couple screenshots of the guy who appears 2 or 3 times during the trailer.

redcardude1l4f.png

^ For this one I noticed that at the last possible second before the trailer changes to another scene, the guy in the red car sticks his head back a bit behind the windshield so he can check out the girl's ass haha. Which was also the way I was able to screenshot his face.

redcardude29ge.png

redcardude3xk5.png

^Here he is again shown later in the trailer when he is evading the cops and crashes into a blue car in the process.

robbery1lzi.png

^And to tie this character to the storyline, I slowly went through the robbery scene and noticed that it is possible that he is the driver of the van. Physical features look vaguely similar (although it is hard to tell because of the lack of light); bald head, dark complexion and it looks like he is wearing wifebeater.

Anyways I think that it is very possible that this guy may be a playable character in the game in addition to the presently assumed middle aged main character. The trailer features him driving a few times in a similar focus to the way the 'main character' is shown driving. This could mean that there are multiple protagonists or MAYBE a first time co-op mode/storyline in the series. What do you guys think?

830px-GTAFIVE-LIQOR.PNG

You could be right, good find. Also notice the MC in the Tampa (maybe).

Edited by Husky

Bugstars: Putting the FU in fumigate.

GTA-V-Trailer-Bugstars.jpg

Need money for beer, pot and hookers. At least I’m not bullshitting U!

GTA-V-Trailer-Bum-Sign.jpg

Glory Holes (a bakery?)

GTA5-Glory-Holes.jpg

We aim not to lose it.

GTA-V-Trailer-Delivery-Service.jpg

E Cola: Deliciously infectious!

GTA-V-Trailer-E-Cola.jpg

Los Santos

GTA-V-Trailer-Los-Santos-Letters.jpg

Mile High Club

GTA-V-Trailer-Mile-High-Club.jpg

Pizza This

GTA-V-Trailer-Pizza-This.jpg

Pump Buddy Magazine: Plenty of issues to work out!

GTA-V-Trailer-Pump-Buddy.jpg

Speedophile 2000

GTA-V-Trailer-Speedophile-2000.jpg

Tequi-la-la, and Enema

GTA-V-Trailer-Enema.jpg

Up-n-Atom Burger: Once it pings, eat like kings.

GTA-V-Trailer-Up-n-Atom-Burger.jpg

Vapid cop car

GTA-V-Trailer-Vapid-Police-Car.jpg

Vinewood sign

GTA-V-Trailer-Vinewood-Sign.jpg

Edited by MrGrandTheftAuto

So Enema is the name of the club, huh? For those who don't know it is the insertion of liquid into the bowels via the rectum as a treatment for constipation.

Maybe a reference to the Rectum club from the movie Irreversible. Or Rockstar being comical.

I believe that in GTA 4 Jerry Kapowitz was going to Vice City to open up a liquor store.

Awesome trailer.

Quoting some trailer analysis made by a redditor.

Okay, let's take this all in and consider what we learn about the game from this trailer:
  • Will be set at least in Los Santos, possibly all of San Andreas (edit: It is San Andreas, you see it on the license plates. And the bug exterminator's van says "Los Santos" on is, meaning that there's a very good chance we will get all 3 cities)
  • Dogs/animals are in game
  • A MASSIVE looking mountain
  • Biplanes/jets
  • Jet skis? (name of the Jetski? Speeophile 2000)
  • At least one area of town will be "Little Seoul" (:32)
  • Ok, at different points in the trailer there are what looks like different people driving cars. At first I thought it was a sign that the ability to control your whole appearance is back, but when I look closer it almost seems like you would be controlling a different character
  • If the main character winds up being Tommy Vercetti 25 years after the events of Vice City (VO sounds a hell of a lot like Ray Liotta, guy at :40 looks like Tommy) I am pre-ordering this game tomorrow, holy shit

Just to keep in mind, next October does happen to be the 10 year anniversary of Vice City...

What else?

ALSO! Here's the song used in the trailer:

It's by the Small Faces, called "Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake/Afterglow" Full expect it to be available as a song on a radio station, as all other GTA trailer songs have been

http://www.reddit.co...trailer/c2wfxtf

Soooo excitinggg!! :D

It's out! Now shut up and watch!

<iframe src="

http://www.rockstargames.com/videos/embed/8001" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

If Rockstar's site goes down you can check the trailer out on

We're uploading Screen Captures of the trailer and now have a list of observations made from it below. Leave your initial impressions in the discussion!

Our Analysis/Observations:

Now that we've seen the trailer and have a nice selection of screenshots from it available, let's have a little look at them and see what details we can surmise from them. The following is a list of our thoughts and presumptions based on what we can see in the trailer. Nothing is confirmed as fact yet.

• Music: The song used in the trailer is "Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake" by The Small Faces
  • A dog is seen walking with a couple (screenshot #1) - our guess is we won't be able to keep pets, but we'll see dogs, maybe other animals in game.
  • Men are seeing playing golf. This may be a side activity. (screenshots #5 and #6)
  • A man is seen riding a jetski with the slogan "Speedophile" written on the side. We're pretty sure these will be usable. (screenshot #7)
  • Some friends are seen climbing what could be Mount Chiliad. Two of them are holding hands which suggests relationships might make a return. (screenshots #8 and #9)
  • Convertible cars! Screenshots #10,#11,#12 and #13 show a woman walking past and glancing at a man putting the roof of his car down.
  • Wind turbines in a rural area, could be based on the real life Interstate 8 (thanks chris82). Screenshot #14. Also check this screenshot taken a few frames before by forum member NotYouHaha who draws attention to what appears to be a Skimmer seaplane making a return!
  • Two people are seen exercising on the balcony of a large house. Screenshot #15. Fitness may be incorporated into the game once again, as a moment later in screenshot #17 we see a blonde woman walking past "Muscle Sands" on Vespucci Beach, Los Santos.
  • Is that an older Tommy Vercetti in screenshot #22!? A lot of you are hoping/wishing it is. Others are saying Tony Cipriani is also a possibility. We're not convinced it's the protagonist, whoever it is, but we don't know for sure. UPDATE: Tommy would be 60 years old now, thus it seems unlikely to be him. Tony Cipriani looking more likely if it is indeed a returning character.
  • Planes! Our first shot of a plane in GTA V is this crop duster being a nuisance to some workers in screenshots #23, #24, #25 and #26
  • A cutscene from a mission is shown in screenshots #27, #28, #29 and #30. Bugstars Pest Control - "putting the FU in fumigate" is shown on the van they are using as cover.
  • Main character(?) driving through town past Pizza This (screenshot #31), doesn't look like we can go inside. Then from a different angle (screenshot #32) we see him drive past a supermarket and in the background a building available for rent, doesn't necessarily mean it's for use in game though. You can see clearly here the license plate on the car says "San Andreas"
  • Screenshot #33 shows an Up-n-Atom Burger truck leaving to reveal Los Santos Port in screenshot #34
  • We are then taken through what appears to be a poorer area of the city, a black gentleman walks off camera left and we get a glimpse of a white Comet in the background. Screenshots #35, #36, #37 and #38
  • A postal service van drives away to reveal a man hammering a for sale sign due to foreclosue into the the ground outside his home. A bicycle can be seen in the background, next to some open windows. This makes us believe property buying/selling will be a part of the game (screenshot #40).
  • Our protagonist will be able to have a good time (screenshot #41).
  • We see a nice Audi R8 being driven fast (screenshot #42), and then our attention is turned to some poorer residents (screenshots #43, #44, #45).
  • A jet is seen using its afterburner! We're going to presume this is flyable. Screenshots #46 and #47.
  • A motorbike, possible a PCJ is seen in the foreground while a man is ejected from a club in the background (screenshot #48).
  • A nice shot of the city with mountains visible in the background (screenshot #49)
  • A cop in pursuit through the city. Here again we see "San Andreas" on the license plate. Screenshots #50, #51, #52 and #53
  • Police on foot and in the air chase a man through some back alleys. Screenshots #54, #55, #56 and #57
  • The camera pans up to show a burning vehicle and an ambulance in screenshots #58 and #59
  • In the penultimate shot of the trailer we see plane flying over the iconic Vinewood sign (screenshots #60 and #61
  • The trailer ends by showing said plane flying toward downtown Los Santos, before the GTAV logo appears and the background fades to black (screenshot #62).

That's all we have for now. Let us know in the comments if you think we missed anything that's worth pointing out. Also be sure to comment on the Tommy Vercetti/Tony Cipriani thoughts, we'd love to know what you all think about either of them returning as the main character.

Neat post, I love to learn to post like this. Very well formatted, off topic, but I do HTML so ... formatting is a big deal. Anyway, how is everyone? I hope happy! :-D

From rockstargames.com : "Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created." So I guess it's gonna be only Los Santos, and not the entire San Andreas =(

source: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/19471/grand-theft-auto-v-official-announcement.html

Edited by Cpt.Maneta
  • Like 1