First GTA V trailer is here!

Chris

If they do bring back Vercetti in any way, I am SOLD. Most badass GTA character.

As much as I would love that, and thought that the voice KINDA sounded like Ray Liotta, it is pretty unlikely. Considering that the game seems to be set in the modern day (style of cars, hinted recession theme and that building under construction mentioned in the IGN analysis) and Tommy was born in 1951. That would mean he would be +55 years old in this game. And the guy looks old, but not THAT old.

Wikipedia knows no more information than us. It's just normal people editing a wiki. That's just other people's opinion.

The George Naylor thing doesn't appear to be official - there's no announcement.

Sure.

Notice how the George Naylor statement isn't on the Wikipedia page any more?

Haha what a bunch of fuckheads, 'is that Lance Vance walking down the street in the sweater vest?!?', then the fan on Twitter corrects them.

Edited by Artur

I just read your initial post about TC. Very possible, looks quite like him. Also it would make sense that Toni would move to SA 'for the weather' instead of Tommy who lives/lived in beautiful VC :P I never got to play LCS though since my PSP had a very short lifespan. Was it worth a play?

Edited by Artur

LCS was quite good yeah. It's also on PS2 remember ;)

I just reworded the sentence after some more thought. I think we can definitely rule out Tommy since the guy does NOT look 60 years old, as Tommy would be now, so can't be him. It Could still be TC though, but I'm not convinced that's him in the screenshot. The narration over the trailer does SOUND a bit like Ray Liotta though (voice of Tony Cipriani).

I just reworded the sentence after some more thought. I think we can definitely rule out Tommy since the guy does NOT look 60 years old, as Tommy would be now, so can't be him. It Could still be TC though, but I'm not convinced that's him in the screenshot. The narration over the trailer does SOUND a bit like Ray Liotta though (voice of Tony Cipriani).

Ray Liotta was Tommy Vercetti..... Tony was voiced by Danny Mastrogiorgio. Unless you mean in GTA III, in which it was Michael Madsen.

Ray Liotta was Tommy Vercetti..... Tony was voiced by Danny Mastrogiorgio. Unless you mean in GTA III, in which it was Michael Madsen.

Yup I was just about to mention that too. After listening to the different voices of Toni in GTA III and LCS, I don't think that it is him in the trailer. Plus, wasn't he a little bit chubby looking in GTA III?

Amazing.

The countryside in the trailer and mountains almost bring a tear to my eye. Its my childhood before my eyes. The trailer is perfect. It confirms that Los Santos is one of the cities and we can rightfully assume that San Fiero is back because of the large mountains.

Graphics look great too, but the gameplay is more important and Rockstar didn't dissapoint.

So the narrator is the main character right? He does sound a bit older, late 30's?

And did I not say it before the mountains look MASSIVE!

Edited by totalaccessGTA

Yup I was just about to mention that too. After listening to the different voices of Toni in GTA III and LCS, I don't think that it is him in the trailer. Plus, wasn't he a little bit chubby looking in GTA III?

He was. AND he was starting to look old, and that was over a decade ago...

This makes IV look like a piece of shit. Anyway I've watched the trailer about 4 times and noticed a few things:

Cars:

Futo

F620

Landstalker

Premier

Esperanto (Distance)

Rebla

Updated Rebla (possibly)

Updated Huntly Sport

Police Cruiser (Same Model dif. Colour)

Vader

And has anyone noticed that the AK47 has a silencer?

Spotted a couple of other things.

CwAyg.jpg

• Character customisation making a return?

bRoCr.jpg

• Flags of the European union, Mexico and Japan.

YZJFV.jpg

• Suppressed weapons are back.
  • Gas mask = some sort of gas grenades?

N6qWj.jpg

• Being able to kick doors in.
  • The V on the door is a bit similar to the V in the logo, may be of some significance.

Edited by EvoLuTioN
  • Like 1