33 replies to this topic

#21 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:59 PM

It was a bit of everything.

From a technical perspective, all that ever worked properly were the member/group functions, some attack/health measures, and the store/bank/inventory. The store and the attack mods weren't compatible with a new version of IPB *MANY* versions back.

Later, we tried running a gta multiplayer clan system and server at one point, but that fizzled out due to having nobody to manage it properly, not enough decent programmers to spend the time to code all the system we needed, and a drop in activity on the forum. We didn't do much better when GTA IV came out, so hopefully V will be different.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

And not a single fuck was given that day.

#22 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

I really enjoyed the IPB gang wars. Something about the (user interface) simplicity of it was very fun. GTAIV was not very workable, there was no real clan/gang system to be on sides with. I'm really hoping R* will have come up with a solution to this, because I didn't see it just on this forum, I saw it on many. Mostly police clans, but yeah. Anyway. We'll just have to see what happens with activity and the new game.

#23 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:06 AM

Even if, with the release of V, we have some sort of system that encourages members to play on-line together it'd be a positive thing. I know a few of us have other guys on steam / PSN / Live etc but just maybe something our side to bring members together who just wanna screw around in freeroam or whatever. I had some great gameplay moments with my mates in Multiplayer - we got a 7 - man team of us with full wanted levels from alderney prison the the airport on foot, which got pretty intense at points. These sort of things could really enforce the camaraderie between users, and since our regular userbase is still small compared to somewhere like GTAF, would be fairly easy to encourage. There's be no work required per se, all the sessions would be initiated by the users unless the Staff wanted to make an effort to all be on a server at once from time to time (i know we've all got commitments, even a couple at a time would be cool).

I dunno, it's like 2:00, i'mma sleep.

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#24 Mike356

Mike356

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:25 PM

I would love to see gangs return back to these forums to pick up ther activity again I miss talking to a lot of the people besides the ones I still have contact with which is spider-vice and Rashon
Posted Image

#25 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:00 PM

Hey man^^

Back when GTA IV was released, less people had new gen systems, but when V comes things will be quite different, way more people will likely have either a PS3, XBOX 360 or both even. If we do things right, we could have a lot of members ready to play online. Gangs could work solely on that basis, no private forum here to reduce activity, just playing online.
Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#26 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:37 PM

Not everyone enjoys multiplayer, though; and not everyone has consoles; and not everyone can be online at the same time.

If that's the sole point of gangs, it's going to end up being quite a small group, and maybe even make the forums LESS active because everyone just talks on XBL etc.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

And not a single fuck was given that day.

#27 Mike356

Mike356

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:39 PM

and another problem not everyone has the same console some of us have 360 and some have ps3 and some only game on pc
Posted Image

#28 TrialByFire

TrialByFire

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:20 AM

I think the gang system should implemented separately to a multiplayer community type thing. I reckon the gang system should be like a prestige sort of thing, so only the 'veterans' as Gerard put it can be affiliated to a gang, sort of like a long service reward?

EDIT: And then if the gangs want to have some sort of 'gang war' they can arrange between themselves what game/platform to play it on.

Edited by TrialByFire, 11 November 2011 - 11:21 AM.

I have no problem with people believing what they want, until they think it's right to try and change what I believe.

I'm so happy, I could shit a rainbow!

#29 Lutten

Lutten

Spectrum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • India 

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:05 AM

I think the gang system should implemented separately to a multiplayer community type thing. I reckon the gang system should be like a prestige sort of thing, so only the 'veterans' as Gerard put it can be affiliated to a gang, sort of like a long service reward?

EDIT: And then if the gangs want to have some sort of 'gang war' they can arrange between themselves what game/platform to play it on.

In that case you guys should re-introduce the gangs atleast for those who actually play online. It is the duty of the gang members regarding how they online matches and organise them.

#30 TrialByFire

TrialByFire

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:36 AM

In that case you guys should re-introduce the gangs atleast for those who actually play online. It is the duty of the gang members regarding how they online matches and organise them.

Yeah but IMO it should be made explicitly clear that only a very select amount of members can join/start a gang otherwise what happened before will happen again, you will get loads of different gangs some of which aren't even active and the Dons will be getting harrassed every other day by someone new to join their gang when they have literally just finished their forum registration.

I have no problem with people believing what they want, until they think it's right to try and change what I believe.

I'm so happy, I could shit a rainbow!

#31 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:31 PM

I can only say if the gangs are to be active again just use the gang feature as a BETA, In this way see how many members are interested and how many are mostly active.
There should be a eligiblity criteria for joining a gang like members who have 300 posts or higher can request the Dons for approval, if approved the Dons will send a PM to that member.

Eligibility Criteria
*To join a gang - 300posts or higher
*To start a gang - 500posts or higher

#32 Lutten

Lutten

Spectrum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • India 

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:02 PM

I can only say if the gangs are to be active again just use the gang feature as a BETA, In this way see how many members are interested and how many are mostly active.
There should be a eligiblity criteria for joining a gang like members who have 300 posts or higher can request the Dons for approval, if approved the Dons will send a PM to that member.

Eligibility Criteria
*To join a gang - 300posts or higher
*To start a gang - 500posts or higher

The amount of posts are just too high. That way you won't get much members.

#33 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:12 PM

We would need / have felt the need in the past to keep the criteria out of spamming reach. By the time someone spams their way NEAR to 500 posts they've been removed from the forum. We had a minimum post requirement for gang creation (i think), anything after that and it was assumed the Don of said gang was integrated enough into the forum to care and not just lead a merry band of douchebags, and could set the post limit themselves. Sadly this was not always the case. We had two members in the DS with under 300 posts, because they weren't utter dicks. Remember, kids: 200 awesome posts is better than 2000 shitty ones. In the same way that 5 awesome gang members is better than 50 nabs.

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#34 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:53 PM

RHM? Guessing it has something to do with graphic design.

Yup, so maybe gangs just have a cyclical life.

Right-Hand Man.

I have a PS3 now, so I'd be able to do something with that I guess.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users