#1 Lutten

Lutten

Spectrum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • India 

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:50 PM

The way Chris says gangs are to be reintroduced after GTA V is released. So this time it should be something different as compared the previous system. Gangs must have user groups and pips and the official ones should have private forums. IV, SAMP and V MP(IF gonna exist) can be implemented on Public servers. PSN and XBOXLIVE clans can be formed.

#2 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:06 PM

Turn it into GTAF sure.

#3 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:13 PM

Relax, the game isnt released yet :D

Edited by amazingdude, 25 October 2011 - 06:16 PM.

#4 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:28 PM

We had gangs in user groups before IIRC. Even if it wasn't the IPB system, we had a system that I think Chris hand - coded. We also had private forums which I THINK can still be accessed but not posted in. *checks* yeah that's right. The gang system, though we found had flaws - mainly that the only way to make it relevant would be multiplayer, which was held up by different timezones and the fact that not many people actually used the gang system, we maybe had 5 or 6 active members in each gang. Also the Gang leaders were eternally tired of receiving requests to join from fuckin' idiots who tried to start their own private band of fuckin' idiots. We employed a lower limit for posts to create a gang, and this flooded the forum withhhhhhhhh.. fuckin' idiots and their fuckin' idiot gang members. Also it turned out that we had basically the highest posters / most respected members in one or two groups (The DS lol, although Rem managed to get the FFM off the ground successfully and kept the riffraff out). You literally cannot conceive of the amount of talk there has been on the forums re: striving for a better gang system, both publicly and amongst the staff, and in the old gang's private forums. What you're proposing is not even a new system, justt he new system with pips. Shit, let me get my chequebook out, you're onto a winner son.

Also ,we already have a place where clans can recruit / form meet for any platform, and are more than happy to accomodate them here, though most seem to have their own IRC or forum to meet on. Also it doesn't help when newfags wade ito said recruitment threads and say 'OMG DO NOT WANT UR GAYFAG CLAN GTFO FAG' and make us all look like 12 year old little wankers.

Also @ Tuner, our gang system as a whole is not a new concept, I have no idea how GTAF's operates but i have no doubt it suffers from the same flaws ours once did. We had our glory days (think it may have been before even my time) but we always wanted something a little better, something that would hold new members in and encourage positive activity, instead of Childish biccering, useless threads, insults, 4 word posts, topic bumps, unrelated / low content, just emoticon posts and the like. This isn't fucking IM.

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#5 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,924 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:41 PM

Just like to point out I don't think I said it would definitely happen. It's a possibility. We'll consider it.

#6 Lutten

Lutten

Spectrum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • India 

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:02 AM

Just like to point out I don't think I said it would definitely happen. It's a possibility. We'll consider it.

Thanks. I will help with it.

#7 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:03 PM

Gangs came about rather quickly on this board, actually. It just follows the territory. And I remember someone has accused us of stealing the idea from GTAF before, except someone pointed out that AT THE TIME ALL the biggest GTA boards has a gang system in place. ALL OF THEM.

Ours was nice, though. It would've been GREAT had we all the drive to actually make it work long enough to perfect the system.

And AHHHHH, the Dragon Stealths.... Good times, good times. At LEAST 4 different dons over it's course....

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#8 Artur

Artur

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:11 PM

Agree with both points. It's better to wait and see how active the forum gets and what kind of crowd it draws in the upcoming months.

As for the old gang system, I still remember the days of the built-in gang game with money, weapons, arcade games (I think?) and continuous, non-stop clicking hahaha. Then from what I remember it just became that a bunch of gangs gathered and had casual conversations in their private forums. The DS was pretty fun Spaz, I wish I still had my bad ass avatar and signature that was made by one of the gang members. Is Skyline still around by the way?

Posted Image

Courtesy of TM!

#9 TrialByFire

TrialByFire

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:14 AM

I would love to see the gang system revived, I don't know if Cairan is still kicking about but I would love to see the Liberty Crime Family back, I don't know about the other gangs, but we were very close in the LCF (well while I was still about at least, I dont know about after I left obviously).

I have no problem with people believing what they want, until they think it's right to try and change what I believe.

I'm so happy, I could shit a rainbow!

#10 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:47 AM

Agree with both points. It's better to wait and see how active the forum gets and what kind of crowd it draws in the upcoming months.

As for the old gang system, I still remember the days of the built-in gang game with money, weapons, arcade games (I think?) and continuous, non-stop clicking hahaha. Then from what I remember it just became that a bunch of gangs gathered and had casual conversations in their private forums. The DS was pretty fun Spaz, I wish I still had my bad ass avatar and signature that was made by one of the gang members. Is Skyline still around by the way?

Yeah Sherman's around here and there, made a couple posts in staff and friended me on good ol' facebook so yeah he's around. Married too.#

+1 on ^ about how close the gangs were. We were like little families, all like minded guys and gals who could really chill out with much less vigorously moderated sub-forums.

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#11 YababaVideo

YababaVideo

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • United States 

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:01 AM

The way Chris says gangs are to be reintroduced after GTA V is released. So this time it should be something different as compared the previous system. Gangs must have user groups and pips and the official ones should have private forums. IV, SAMP and V MP(IF gonna exist) can be implemented on Public servers. PSN and XBOXLIVE clans can be formed.

Imagine if Grand Theft Auto V's system was built like Eve Online - very dynamic! It would be a killing!

#12 TrialByFire

TrialByFire

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:29 PM

Yeah Sherman's around here and there, made a couple posts in staff and friended me on good ol' facebook so yeah he's around. Married too.#

+1 on ^ about how close the gangs were. We were like little families, all like minded guys and gals who could really chill out with much less vigorously moderated sub-forums.

Exactly, I really would love to see the return of the gang system, it used to be a fantastic feature of the forum.

Off topic: loving your new sig Llama

I have no problem with people believing what they want, until they think it's right to try and change what I believe.

I'm so happy, I could shit a rainbow!

#13 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:43 PM

One of the problems with the DS and LCF was that the members retreated into their private forums and almost never posted in public.

I'd love to see the gang discussions return, but not at the expense of all activity. I think that's why we need some sort of purpose to the gangs, to make the rest of the forums still useful to members.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

And not a single fuck was given that day.

#14 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:30 PM

I would love to see the gang system revived, I don't know if Cairan is still kicking about but I would love to see the Liberty Crime Family back, I don't know about the other gangs, but we were very close in the LCF (well while I was still about at least, I dont know about after I left obviously).

Yeah man, I even remember the comic that Noru made about the gang, wish I still had that.
Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#15 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:30 AM

Skyline = Sherman. And do you remember what set it was? There were a ridiculous amount of DS everything, all done by various people.

One of the problems with the DS and LCF was that the members retreated into their private forums and almost never posted in public.

I'd love to see the gang discussions return, but not at the expense of all activity. I think that's why we need some sort of purpose to the gangs, to make the rest of the forums still useful to members.

Yeah, we DEFINITELY kind of killed activity in the forum. But I guess that's also what happens when EVERYONE is participating in a gang.... EVERYONE then has a private forum to discuss shit in. Of COURSE there's going to end up be general discussions in there. It's happened everytime I've been part of a private forum.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#16 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:23 AM

Yeah, we DEFINITELY kind of killed activity in the forum. But I guess that's also what happens when EVERYONE is participating in a gang.... EVERYONE then has a private forum to discuss shit in. Of COURSE there's going to end up be general discussions in there. It's happened everytime I've been part of a private forum.

We considered a few solutions to this.

If we only let experienced members in the private forums, then all the decent discussion will be locked away, and the rest of the forum is full of... crap (no offence).

If we make the private forums visible to other members, they might just feel left out rather than inspiring them to contribute elsewhere.

Any suggestions?

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

And not a single fuck was given that day.

#17 Artur

Artur

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:33 AM

@Spaz: Yeah I forgot about his name change, MLL mentioned it up there too. As for the avatar/sig, I think it might have been made by Chrisman? I could be totally wrong though.

@Gerard: That's a tough one to figure out. Can't say I have any good suggestions, I'll think about it though.

Posted Image

Courtesy of TM!

#18 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:43 AM

@Spaz: Yeah I forgot about his name change, MLL mentioned it up there too. As for the avatar/sig, I think it might have been made by Chrisman? I could be totally wrong though.

@Gerard: That's a tough one to figure out. Can't say I have any good suggestions, I'll think about it though.

Come to think of it, I think he was the RHM at one point in DS history.

It would pretty much rely on the forum being active enough with non-gang-activity for it to work. Which is where we started in the first place.....

Posted Image

lolz

#19 Artur

Artur

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:02 AM

RHM? Guessing it has something to do with graphic design.

Yup, so maybe gangs just have a cyclical life.

Posted Image

Courtesy of TM!

#20 Jace

Jace

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 5,871 posts
  • Netherlands 

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:09 PM

I still have my DS sig and avatar on my old computer I think. Together with a whole bunch of other crap. Like graphics for my lottery thing in the forum stalls. *with GLaDOS voice* That was fun.

*Remembers LCF and DS rivalry*.

By the way, we once had a gangsystem which seemed to work. I participated in the trial test. Everything seemed to work fine. I forgot what the reason was that it was stopped anyway. Was it a mod on some other mod that didn't get support anymore? Was it broken with the updates to IPB or was the mod itself flawed?

Posted Image

Courtesy to Connor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users