Your most favorite racing games?

amazingdude

• 2 weeks later...

On topic: My favourite racing game has got to be Need For Speed: Most Wanted. I think it is the best out of the whole NFS franchise. It had the most to offer in terms of vehicle customisation

Nope. In fact it probably has the least customization options. Even Undercover has more...

On topic: My favourite racing game has got to be Need For Speed: Most Wanted. I think it is the best out of the whole NFS franchise. It had the most to offer in terms of vehicle customisation

Nope. In fact it probably has the least customization options. Even Undercover has more...

Ok let me rephrase it had the most to offer in terms of sensible customization options I don't wanna spend my time changing how wide the grill on my fender is, that shit is just retarded.

Ok let me rephrase it had the most to offer in terms of sensible customization options I don't wanna spend my time changing how wide the grill on my fender is, that shit is just retarded.

Most people like that retarded shit... but I take your point. MW customization wasn't bad, just wish it had more body kits cause the cars just look too similar, and better paint options...

You mean like in the NFS Carbon?

More like Underground, and Underground 2 I guess although half of the parts in every category were just fail.

Carbon wasn't bad ether although I would prefer some cool pre-designed parts (preferably a lot of them) instead of some self-made parts that look like shit.

I just tried The Run... well contrary to my expectations the game actually runs with the graphics set to Ultra (highest) almost as well as Hot Pursuit, but it looks worse than NFS Undercover on low if you run it in 1024 x 768... and since that's my maximum monitor resolution... yeah.

The acting and the story are... well if I'd say it's the worst I've ever seen it would be an understatement. The story is nonexistent, Jack is a douche that somehow has enough skills to kill every cop he comes in contact with (makes CJ, Niko, Tommy etc look like puppy dogs) and he sounds like Adam Jensen chocking on a dick, and the rest of the characters don't even get as much screen time as the blacklist idiots did in Most Wanted...

The cars handle well but the controls tend to fail and the car view camera is waaaay too zoomed in. They look pretty well but only in high-res. Crashes are awesome and the cars have a lot of damage on 'em but the scrapes look like they were drawn with crayon.

In terms of car showcase, it has about 120 cars but most of them are just versions of existing cars... to give a number, there are about 50 actual cars in the game. The best of 'em are PS3 exclusive...

The tracks look meh-ish regardless of resolution, Vegas and NY look a little better but still nothing special. There are no more invisible barriers but you'll get reset (or rewind, whatever) as soon as you get 2 meters away from the track, so if you expect to see some awesome ''roll down the hill'' crashes, bummer!

Cops are back, and they put up a good enough fight (they don't use spike strips or EMP's anymore but they do have some new tactics) but the races are so short and there's so much action going on I barely have time to wreck any cops...

The soundtrack is identical to other NFS games in the sense that 25% of the songs are awesome, 25% are action / dramatic chase tunes and 50% suck.

Basically NFS The Run doesn't even feel like a 6 month game let alone a 3 year game...

No Ferraris in it?

Ferrari rights were sold out a long time ago. Microsoft owns most of them (particularly Turn 10, the developer of Forza) for Xbox 360 and PC (and yet they still won't bring Forza to PC *sigh*). Besides them Sony owns most of the rights for PS3. TDU2 also has Ferrari's but that's probably because of an agreement between Atari, Sony and Microsoft. You probably know that the 458 Italia only appears on the PC version of TDU2, because Microsoft and Sony kept it for their own games on their consoles.

Any other post 2002 game that has Ferrari's probably uses them with permission from Microsoft.

EA on the other hand owns exclusive rights for Porsches, unlimited, and for every platform. That's why you will never see them in any other game except NFS and Shift (unless EA decides to make another racing franchise that uses licensed sports cars).

Microsoft tried striking a deal with EA. If you remember Forza 3 had Porsches, quite a lot of them, and about the same time Forza 3 came out EA released a Ferrari DLC for NFS Shift, exclusive to Xbox 360. EA exchanged Porsche rights for Ferrari rights with Microsoft.

They decided not to allow Turn 10 to use Porsches in Forza 4 however (pwned faggots), probably because EA loves us while EA along with Porsche let Turn 10 use their cars without restrictions, Microsoft or Ferrari (my money is on the Italians) gave limited use of their cars to EA. Ferrari's in NFS Shift can't be customized (only pick a factory color), they have limited damage (and no dismemberment if I remember it right), exclusive to Ferrari-only events, etc...

I think EA made the right decision, I just wish they would use more Porsches since they own exclusive rights to them...

Pretty much every non-NFS racing game uses ether RUF's or Gemballas to compensate for Porsches, though Gemballa closed down so RUF's remain the best choice...