• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nadizo

nadizo

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:00 AM

Im trying to do a fresh install of GTA IV from disc. Problem is no matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall the game starts up with icehancer 1.25... I dont know how to get this out of my computer so I can play GTA IV without the mod. I even deleted the folder in my documents that had all my saves...But that didnt work either...Am i missing something that I have to erase on my computer?

#2 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:05 AM

Yeah. The Windows.

#3 nadizo

nadizo

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:36 AM

what?

#4 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,821 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:28 PM

Have you tried going into the directory where you installed the game and deleting the remaining files/folders there? the mod would've installed files that the installer isn't verified to so it would have left them, causing the mod to remain.

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#5 nadizo

nadizo

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:50 PM

yea i deleted that folder thats why i dont understand what i can be missing? i feel like its somewhere hiding

#6 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:28 AM

yea i deleted that folder thats why i dont understand what i can be missing? i feel like its somewhere hiding

Every mod usually comes with one or more .txt files, and if they don't then duh! why install them at all...

#7 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:04 AM

Try one HDD for a new install, one game, or all your games, UNMOD intent, then use the one with Mods when you prefer that route.

The easiest solution to such a problem, and me thinks, Hard Disk Drives are not a costly option any more, unless you need P-ATA

#8 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,821 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:46 PM

Have an update on this btw if you're even still here.

Download iceEnhancer and make a note of all the files that it replaces. manually go through and delete them one by one. The run a control panel repair of the game, or a verify integrity of game cache if through steam . Just tried both, 1 me, 1 a friend.

Enjoy

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users