#21 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:55 PM

He was the founder of Pixar studios right? Dead :(

Too bad Crapple didn't die too...

No, I think he was just the chief executive.

He WAS a genius. The guy developed a cult-like following for Apple's products. He made well designed MP3 players, touch screen phones, and laptops desirable and usable to a point where clever marketing could influence millions of people to purchase their products regardless of whether they actually needed them. He made people want them and that so often translated into a sale because the desire was so strong. THAT is genius. Apple is now the biggest tech company in the entire world.

Not many people have been able to so successfully transform a company's fortunes (remember how shitty Apple were before iPods? Now look where they are. EVERYWHERE.)

iPods are clunky if you ask me. And EVERYONE makes touch screen phones. That isn't anything special, they weren't even the first to do it. And I wouldn't call OS X "usable". I think it takes a rather "special" person in order to use them properly. Mac users give "PCs" such flak for not being "user-friendly"..... But you have to install a program to uninstall another one? Really, Apple? And the folder organization is horrendous, and I'm not one for much of organization on my computer to begin with!

Over-hyped, over-priced, I don't call that innovation.....

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#22 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:45 AM

I won't deny the impact apple had on the industry, nor their formidable marketing team, nor the way they managed to mainstream such simplistic designs and pass them off as new and innovative, but I will say this. They really do have such a horrible outlook and ethos on people who don't use their products solely. I recall an issue from a while back where someone had bought a new iPod, which required them to update their iTunes. The new version of which wouldn't run on their apple OS. So they bought a new version, OSX for this sole purpose to find out it wouldn't work on their apple hardware. That, to me is a simply disgusting piece of business practice. Also, they're suing pretty much every tom, dick and harry who makes a rectangular phone with a big screen. That's like Mercedes suing people for making cars with 4 wheels in the current market.

Also OSX is a total piece of crap. I use it in the design studio and it's a pain in the ass. I've had brand spanking new 27" bells and whistles iMacs crash out on me with far more regularity that my self built PC. Programs crash more often, external storage devices fail to recognise data transfer, and the networking on them is simply an abomination, even in the small cluster of around 40 machines we run.

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#23 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:52 PM

Like dis, Llama?
Posted Image

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#24 Feroci

Feroci

Spin Fury

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:10 AM

I agree with sherman there.

Yeah, there are many people dying this year and too young. RIP STEVE. Its such a coincidence that Steve died the day after GTA3FREAK-2001.

#25 MrGrandTheftAuto

MrGrandTheftAuto

Rockstar Leeds

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:49 PM

I think Apple is going to fuck up iPhone 5. iPhone 4S looks the same.

#26 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:16 AM

Pancreatic cancer, since 2004. At first he refused treatment and said he would try "alternative medicines" and "change his diet" because that would apparently cure it. Idiotic move really. Of course we'll never know if traditional treatment would have cured him (he did get this eventually but probably too late by then), but still, I think it was stupid to refuse that. Quite remarkable he was fine for 6+ years before it started to take its toll.

I commented at length elsewhere, I came here because I was not given respect due, but one cannot argue, Steve Jobs' influence is profound, he was a seer of vision, a man who did not build the products of the future, but he certainly saw what the public didn't even know they wanted. Even though my sphere of influence was APPLE II in the schools, that came as early as 1978 for me, or 1979. I'm 45 this year, Jobs was 56, though born in 1955

Read Jim Carlton's book APPLE about their business side, then supplement what that book has with YouTube and articles online. I was a reader [Nibble and A+ Magazines, as well as Incider and other mags of the 1980s] and user of Apple till about 1989, the Apple II was pushed aside, as was Steve Wozniak, but the Macintosh did not save Apple, as the 1997 book Apple details, but sharing their innovations with PC users and then moving to other products saved Apple, and refusing a SUN Microsystems buy out offer. Recently Sun former owners tell the tale (online sources) and they say Apple would have been bought, but turned into what, God only knows!

Edited by BlackListedB, 15 October 2011 - 01:19 AM.

#27 YababaVideo

YababaVideo

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • United States 

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:58 AM

Fanboys = those who use more emotion than fact when defending a brand. I can't wait till I get me one to defend me! :-p

#28 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:54 AM

Steve Wozniak never gets the attention warranted him, but still, Steve Jobs loss is rightly mourned. He didn't know the tech, that was Wozniak, he did know the potential and he told the Industry and the Apple engineers what he foresaw, and eventually foreshadowed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users