How good is The GTA Place?

Gerard

The GTA Place has 116 members per staff

GTAForums has 1153 members per staff

Which works out to say The GTA Place's moderation is 9.939 times better than GTAF, as each staff member here looks after only a handful, but a GTAForums moderator looks after over a thousand.

However GTAF have been going since 2002, and very approximately, around 60% of members are inactive, and of course these forums will have a percentage of inactive members, which will affect the totals. But dont forget that inactive members may still have posted. So here are the staff-to-post ratios:

TGP has 39,315 posts and 14 staff, so thats 2808 posts per staff member

GTAF has 1,405,040 posts and 66 staff, so thats 21288 posts per staff member

This shows that each TGP mod only has to deal with one eighth of the number of posts a GTAForums mod would.

Not convinced? Heres a random one. The member with the highest post count here is Spasmodically_Insane with 10.94%. On GTAF, its Chunky Lee Chong with 19,150 with 2.34%. I'm fairly sure that proves something.

Anyway my point is here the moderation can be distributed between individual members, topics and posts. On an overwhelmingly massive forum such as gtaforums, moderators cannot work on a personal level with everything. My feeling is that that site is just too big.

Anyway my point is here the moderation can be distributed between individual members, topics and posts. On an overwhelmingly massive forum such as gtaforums, moderators cannot work on a personal level with everything. My feeling is that that site is just too big.

That's always a popular statement I always get told when for some obscure reason these forums are compared with them. Tis true, I guess it enables us to have a more friendly atmosphere.

I like GTAforums better, i can get a reply in my thread in less that 1 day. If i posted at GTAplace, i would get a reply in my topic in, umm... :whistle: .

Sorry to be dissing GTAPlace, but the forums are really dead, sorry. -_-

Um, when I make a topic, I leave for about 10-20 minutes to visit my other random forums, come back, and have a reply.

I always see this as my small hometown, it always feels more comfortable here. GTAF is like NYC, huge, popular, but a hassle for any sort of law enforcement to handle. We are like a small country town, everyone knows and usually likes everyone, outside visitors usually find it a friendly place, and we run our own police force. :lolbounce:

but like every forum we have problems with one word posting n00bs

And then you have those weird people who post random images. :rolleyes:

Lol

And people who quote loads of quoted posts... :rolleyes::P

Yeah, those Quote Trains or whatever you want to call them are irritating. :P

omg

Lol

Yeah and it's pointless when you're replying to the person who posted directly before you as it already follows the conversation :P

Lol

Yeah and it's pointless when you're replying to the person who posted directly before you as it already follows the conversation :P

It sure is, this really should be ended

We should make this into a game on forum fun

Edited by 888ball

omg

Lol

It sure is, this really should be ended

We should make this into a game on forum fun

Quoting loads of posts? Lol, no, this should be ended. I think I'll lock this.