• Windows Vista
    • Windows XP
    • Windows 2000, me, 98 (or earlier)
    • Windows Server
    • Windows 8 Developer Preview
    • Mac OS X Lion (or later)
    • Mac OS X Snow Leopard (or earlier)
    • iOS (iPad/iPhone)
    • Linux (e.g. Fedora, Ubuntu, CentOS, RHEL)
    • Solaris/BSD/GNU/ReactOS/BeOS/Haiku
    • Other

• 2 weeks later...

Vista x86 on my desktop. Used to be quite a darn beefy system, but that's 3 years ago..

Win 7 x64 on my laptop. I mainly use my desktop and I was quite happy with Vista, but Win 7 feels quite snappy and I'm happy with it. It's a powerful laptop (workstation with i7 and quadro GPU), so I don't know for sure if it works so fast because of the specs or because of the OS..

Can't be bothered to buy another license for my PC now. I'll do that when I upgrade all the hardware (somewhere next year). By the way, I ran de Windows 8 Developer Preview. Now I know it's just a preview, but my impressions weren't grate. In fact, I thought of it to be incredibly shitty. You can't turn off that stupid tablet menu and the desktop has been reduced to the functioning of an application. There's a reason I don't like OSX devices and that I stick with Windows. Why is Microsoft going the Apple way by suddenly forcing all their preferences onto their users ):

I ran de Windows 8 Developer Preview. Now I know it's just a preview, but my impressions weren't grate. In fact, I thought of it to be incredibly shitty. You can't turn off that stupid tablet menu and the desktop has been reduced to the functioning of an application. There's a reason I don't like OSX devices and that I stick with Windows. Why is Microsoft going the Apple way by suddenly forcing all their preferences onto their users ):

Actually, no functionality was removed at all. You could still do everything the same as normal, it's just that huge tablet start menu got in the way and made it far too awkward to use. Looking at the group policies, you will be able to disable it in future versions (closer to release), but tbh I could see Microsoft making this difficult and (wrongly) insisting that everyone have the same experience.

I just bought a macbook pro. OSX is actually pretty nifty - I've only needed a couple of tools to add a couple of missing features (like snap-to-side), and already I'm pretty happy with it.