Getting X-Box 360 Controller to work for Vice City

JKLE_Cougar

Hey guys, I have been searching around for a while now and I am just stuck. I got Vice City for PC and I wanted to play through it again last time I played it, it was on PS2. I started playing through campaign with the keyboard and mouse which I have no issue with but now I am stuck on the stupid mini helicopter mission and I am having a nightmare of a time with it. I figured using a controller would make things easier but it seems that the 360 controller cannot be mapped properly.

I downloaded vcamc off this site but I am getting a runtime error '429' so I can't even set it up.

I am running Windows 7 Professional

Any help would be greatly appreciated

U stuck at demolition man? Happens at lot to new vc pc players. VC cam hack for some reason fails to launch in win7.

Also you can't use cam hack in rc mode. I suggest you use the numerical keypad to fly the heli or download a savegame.

Yep thats the one, Is there a good setup for the keypad that you could recommend?

I doubt the problem is with your controller or the game's controls. You have a high end (or mid end by today's standards) PC? If yes then turn the Frame Limiter on. VC wasn't made for high frame rate.

The game runs fine, It is just the lousy controls for the mini helicopter

Xpadder, my friend. It lets you set any keyboard or mouse binding with the controller.. Hell, you can even play flash game's with an xbox360 controller if you use xpadder ^.^ You have to set it up urself though that's the only downside

I will check that out thanks!

Also pinnacle gamer profiler works pretty well but you have to pay for it.

What OS you on? I assume vcamc is the equivalent to SAAC (San an advanced controller), have you tried running it in compatibility mode? I'm on windows 7 64 bit and SAAC didn't work for me until I ran it under windows xp service pack 3 or whatever

Also pinnacle gamer profiler works pretty well but you have to pay for it.

What OS you on? I assume vcamc is the equivalent to SAAC (San an advanced controller), have you tried running it in compatibility mode? I'm on windows 7 64 bit and SAAC didn't work for me until I ran it under windows xp service pack 3 or whatever

Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit

I will try that out see if it works, thanks