26 replies to this topic

#21 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:09 AM

I like NFS games.I love Underground 2 and im waiting for EA to make Underground 3! Shift and Shift 2 were a fail.

I don't even know where to start...

Underground and Shift aren't Need For Speed, Underground was great don't get me wrong, but it wasn't a NFS game. Shift is a simulator (tries to be one anyway) so yeah it's boring.

Hot Pursuit, with it's many flaws is still a NFS game, it's just that Criterion much like Rockstar are the ''we don't give a shit about what anybody says'' kind of developer.

Edited by TUN3R, 16 September 2011 - 11:10 AM.

#22 MrGrandTheftAuto

MrGrandTheftAuto

Rockstar Leeds

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:27 PM

Hmm i think you're right

#23 MrGrandTheftAuto

MrGrandTheftAuto

Rockstar Leeds

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:33 PM

NFS HP is more fun and like the old NFS'. Shift and Shift 2.......there was a spelling error. the 'f' is not supposed to be there. I HATE boring sim games!

I re-installed HP and played it on the max settings and OMG I got a steady 80fps and in shift i cant go more than 60! But i also hate games that are unrealistic...

#24 Red_Squirrel_UK

Red_Squirrel_UK

Thug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •    England 

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:15 PM

I don't even know where to start...

Underground and Shift aren't Need For Speed, Underground was great don't get me wrong, but it wasn't a NFS game. Shift is a simulator (tries to be one anyway) so yeah it's boring.

Hot Pursuit, with it's many flaws is still a NFS game, it's just that Criterion much like Rockstar are the ''we don't give a shit about what anybody says'' kind of developer.

Ya, underground was different to other NFS game's, but was one of the most popular in the series.. Shift failed, but no one's mentioned under cover? under cover was their biggest failure ever

I like HP, cus I used to play a really old NFS some year's ago on my pc, pursuit challenge i think it was called and HP seem's very similar to me.

Oh, and low framerate on a racing game = big fail! Sometime's it feel's like EA are going backwards with the NFS series more then anything.. First NFS game i've enjoyed in a long while and its more like the older one's!! lol

Edited by Red_Squirrel_UK, 16 September 2011 - 04:16 PM.

#25 MrGrandTheftAuto

MrGrandTheftAuto

Rockstar Leeds

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:41 PM

You gotta have more than 40FPS to really enjoy a game!

#26 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:13 AM

True dat. I kinda wish NFS HP was more of a semi-sim / semi-arcade like the old NFS games. Instead it's just flat out arcade... Beats simulation though. Much like they did in Burnout Paradise Criterion also seems to have forgotten the basic features of a racing game.

-A reset key.
-Quick Race mode where you can select individual options (time, track, A.I., traffic, cops etc...) instead of just pre-made challenges. Kills the game's replay value.
-Decent controls?

And also added some shit that really wasn't needed:

-Cinematic camera for crashes... god I hate it, and what's more, they did the dumbest thing possible with it: they added it on MULTIPLAYER.
-SpeedBook / Autolog instead of working multiplayer, or a chat system...

#27 Red_Squirrel_UK

Red_Squirrel_UK

Thug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •    England 

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:21 PM

True dat. I kinda wish NFS HP was more of a semi-sim / semi-arcade like the old NFS games. Instead it's just flat out arcade... Beats simulation though. Much like they did in Burnout Paradise Criterion also seems to have forgotten the basic features of a racing game.

-A reset key.
-Quick Race mode where you can select individual options (time, track, A.I., traffic, cops etc...) instead of just pre-made challenges. Kills the game's replay value.
-Decent controls?

And also added some shit that really wasn't needed:

-Cinematic camera for crashes... god I hate it, and what's more, they did the dumbest thing possible with it: they added it on MULTIPLAYER.
-SpeedBook / Autolog instead of working multiplayer, or a chat system...

Yeah, the cutscene's are kinda long and you get sick of waiting.. Completley ruin's the fast paced feel going for it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users