Best settings for displaying san an through a 720p HDtv

Red_Squirrel_UK

I got a HDmi cable the other day, and i mostly play san andreas.. But it doesnt look all that great, sure its playable but graphics look weird in some places, especially where there is alot of shadow's.. I figure this is because of the fact its displaying through HDmi cable and HD wasn't even around when san an came out.. Thus modern games look loads better on it (played NFS hot pursuit on my tv and it looked georguous)

But is there any settings in my Nvidia control panel that i can change to make it look at better?

Do i have anti analysing on or off? gamma correction? Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias? I don't even know what half these setting's do, anybody know which are the best settings for playing on a 720p tv?

Edited by Red_Squirrel_UK

A what?

A hdmi cable, its a cable that run's through my pc, to my tv and i use it for playing san andreas on my 720p HDtv instead of my pc monitor, but some of the texture's look weird sometimes (especially area's with lots of shadows).. If i go into the Nvidia control panel it lets you turn things on and off like anti analising.. and im wondering what settings are best for san an when playing on a HDtv.

sm6r1u.jpg

Emm... no idea. But I'm pretty sure SA wasn't made for this sort of thing, not the PC version at least. I doubt the GPU likes it any better ether :P

That's what i feared :( I mean it doesnt look too bad but compared to my pc monitor lol, where as i think need for speed hot pursuit i think looks better or just as good on the tv as on the monitor, but that wud be due to the fact its a new game and HD capible

Cmon rockstar, give us san andreas HD!

ya, i have all the setting's at high and not had any frame rate issues or screen tearing, i say screen tearing cus iv been playing it on my hdtv and fuck me does it look gorgeous, great looking game.. Dunno why everybody on here think's its shit.. The control's are not THAT bad, sure i noticed the steering was abit funny but it just take's getting used to.. acctually the controls is HP somewhat remind me of outrun, very drift oriented, how can people think shift was good and hp is shit? HP is better than most wanted imho

Anyways, not like i'd ever PAY for an EA game ;)

ya, i have all the setting's at high and not had any frame rate issues or screen tearing, i say screen tearing cus iv been playing it on my hdtv and fuck me does it look gorgeous, great looking game.. Dunno why everybody on here think's its shit.. The control's are not THAT bad, sure i noticed the steering was abit funny but it just take's getting used to.. acctually the controls is HP somewhat remind me of outrun, very drift oriented, how can people think shift was good and hp is shit? HP is better than most wanted imho

Anyways, not like i'd ever PAY for an EA game ;)

I hear you lol. HP for 20$ on Steam seems like a fair price but since it's EA the multiplayer probably doesn't work :P And if it does it's just a matter of time before they shut it down.

And everybody here hates HP cause they are Rockstar fanboys :P Not like that's any surprise since I was one too.

@MrGTA

A PC from the 80's can't even run GTA III -.- And HP is good shit. Mostly. Some of it...

Edited by TUN3R

I like NFS games.I love Underground 2 and im waiting for EA to make Underground 3! Shift and Shift 2 were a fail.

I don't even know where to start...

Underground and Shift aren't Need For Speed, Underground was great don't get me wrong, but it wasn't a NFS game. Shift is a simulator (tries to be one anyway) so yeah it's boring.

Hot Pursuit, with it's many flaws is still a NFS game, it's just that Criterion much like Rockstar are the ''we don't give a shit about what anybody says'' kind of developer.

Edited by TUN3R

NFS HP is more fun and like the old NFS'. Shift and Shift 2.......there was a spelling error. the 'f' is not supposed to be there. I HATE boring sim games!

I re-installed HP and played it on the max settings and OMG I got a steady 80fps and in shift i cant go more than 60! But i also hate games that are unrealistic...

I don't even know where to start...

Underground and Shift aren't Need For Speed, Underground was great don't get me wrong, but it wasn't a NFS game. Shift is a simulator (tries to be one anyway) so yeah it's boring.

Hot Pursuit, with it's many flaws is still a NFS game, it's just that Criterion much like Rockstar are the ''we don't give a shit about what anybody says'' kind of developer.

Ya, underground was different to other NFS game's, but was one of the most popular in the series.. Shift failed, but no one's mentioned under cover? under cover was their biggest failure ever

I like HP, cus I used to play a really old NFS some year's ago on my pc, pursuit challenge i think it was called and HP seem's very similar to me.

Oh, and low framerate on a racing game = big fail! Sometime's it feel's like EA are going backwards with the NFS series more then anything.. First NFS game i've enjoyed in a long while and its more like the older one's!! lol