Making car mods.

Bustavcfreak

You can add text to the vehicle skin with MS Paint. Then you can place your edited skin in the vehicle TXD file with TXD Workshop. Chances are though that you will have to do some texture mapping with a model editor to make it turn out right, so I recommend Blender 2.49b. Blender requires Python programing script to use import/export scripts and MS Visual C++ for rendering in a 3D environment. You will also need the Blender DFF import/export script written by Stephen Orning a.k.a. "Hollower" (only for GTA III and Vice City). For GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas you could use 3ds Max and Kam's DFF import/export scripts. There are probably others that I don't know about so search around. Choose carefully for your operating system and system specs.

You would probably have to do some texture mapping because 2 dimensional text rarely renders correctly on a 3 dimensional object, if ever. Plus the fact that the UV co-ordinates for most models have one side stacked on top of the other side so that the image size and dimensions for the texture can be cut in half. Meaning that unless your text reads the same forwards and backwards you may have to map it to a separate partial image. Blender is a very powerful model editor and texture UV mapper, but it is not the most user friendly for beginners.

Adobe Photoshop*

Paint Shop Pro*

Hell, Paint.NET*

MS Paint is a toy not an editing software, so unless you want white borders around everything you make you should use one of these...

PS: Paint.NET is free.

Edited by TUN3R

Thanks to Mr. Know-It-All for spouting off about MS Paint, again (*yawn*). Believe it or not, just like I said the last time, MS Paint works just fine for editing the 128x256 32 bit images for III, Vice City, and San Andreas; if you know how to use it. Your hang up about "white borders around everything" is proof enough that you do not know how to use it based on the fact that I have never had that problem nor have I ever even heard of it. Plus it doesn't take forever to initialize and is also free. Here's something else that you may not believe: Not too many people give a damn what you think.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...