Is there anyway to manually edit the .set file for SA?

OSKAR9104

I want to know because there are some features my PC can support with visual FX set to High and some it can't or they decrease the FPS. For example, I'd like to turn off the dynamic shadows (all of them), but leave the texture and grass elements you get when you set FX to High or Very High. Is there anyway to do this?

Mmm none that I know of. I think there are a few mods that enhance the graphics settings though, I know Ryosuke made one but I think that one is intended more for increasing the game's quality, not performance.

Try it though, who knows. Anyway if you don't find a solution you might just have to disable anti-aliasing or lower the resolution...

EDIT: Also try your graphics card driver settings, Nvidia give you the ability to disable or enable certain features for every game. I don't know about ATi though.

Edited by TUN3R

Installing something like a low quality particle effects mod [here] might help if you're getting a low framerate. Not tried it myself but was thrown up by a quick google.

I have. It probably works on ultra-crappy PC's which start lagging after you start one fire but on my old PC which could take GTA SA well, just not perfectly, the frame rate still raped itself when there were a lot of fires and smoke effects around.

Plus I still had to set the graphics to low, didn't bother me though. Took me a wile to even notice the differences in terms of graphics lol.

Edited by TUN3R