• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#21 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:38 PM

IPB used to have avatars and profile pictures separately, but now there is only one image per user. We're currently making it work with avatars instead of profile pics, so hold up.

As for first-post-needs-approval, this has saved us from a LOT of spam. I know this because I'm the one who deletes it all every week. Especially with the new ModCP, It's much easier to check all new users' first posts than it is to try and clean up after a spam attack.

I think we should explain to new users why their topic/reply isn't showing up, to avoid the double/triple posts that some members do when their stuff isn't there, but I still think it's better on than off.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

And not a single fuck was given that day.

#22 EvoLuTioN

EvoLuTioN

Call me Evo ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:53 AM

The new skin is a massive improvement over the previous ones. Fine job, good sir.

Btw clicking on any of the titles in the Awards tab give a fatal error, the font of text at the bottom of the page does go well with the new colours and wheres the recent posts page?

Reality - An illusion caused by Alcohol Deficiency

Posted Image
xfire|Steam ID : evolutionevoz

#23 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:33 PM

Tbh, probably will turn off first post authentication it seems to be hindering us now rather than helping. See how it goes anyway.

Evo I'll look into that. Recent posts is now "View New Content" tab at the top right. There's loads of filtering options on that page now.

#24 EvoLuTioN

EvoLuTioN

Call me Evo ...

• Members
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:19 PM

The post button may be bugged. Check the currently playing thread.

Posted Image

#25 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:08 PM

Seems fine to me, Evo.

#26 EvoLuTioN

EvoLuTioN

Call me Evo ...

• Members
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:49 AM

Try posting in there? It doesn't refresh the page, so it seems like the post hasn't gone through.

Posted Image

#27 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:56 PM

Oh yeah, I see now. Will look into it. Genuinely have no idea why it's happening, nothing relevant is appearing in error logs so it will take me some time to figure it out.

#28 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:47 PM

Ok everyone I think I've fixed all the major errors. In the last 10 mins the following things should have been fixed:
  • Calendar didn't get upgraded from 3.1 - it is now upgraded to 3.2
  • Some pages in seemingly random topics would fail to load due to a database error
A couple of days ago I also fixed the issue with lots of avatars that were missing. They should all be back in place now.

The bug that Evo mentioned: posting in some topics would not refresh the page on successful post, resulting in double posts etc. still seems to be here. I'm looking into it now but there are no errors anywhere so it's almost impossible to pinpoint what's wrong. Let me know if there are any other topics where this is happening.

#29 Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice

Bugstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,022 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:23 PM

Now this skin is much better. Good to know you fixed a few bugs, I've uploaded my little board with no problems, even though this is a bigger deal anyway :P The posting bug doesn't happen everywhere, seems to be in a few select topics.

Posted Image

#30 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:16 PM

Just upgraded the forums to 3.2.1 which is primarily a bug fix release. IPB say "More than 170" bugs fixed in fact. If you guys see any strange errors when posting or whatever then post them here so I can look into them.

#31 Issac

Issac

Leave Out all the rest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
  •    Wales 

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:26 AM

Just upgraded the forums to 3.2.1 which is primarily a bug fix release. IPB say "More than 170" bugs fixed in fact. If you guys see any strange errors when posting or whatever then post them here so I can look into them.

V.3.2.1 is too slow at times. There are a few link bugs you need to fix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users