Forum Upgrade

Gerard

Today we have upgraded TGTAP Forums to IPB 3.2.0!

Apart from a new style, you'll notice a range of new features, such as the black bar at the top from which you can access notifications and PMs. Generally, things are done a lot better in this version than previous versions, where some tasks were quite awkward.

A few things aren't working, which we're working to fix:

• Skin (We need to re-make the skin for the new version, this may take time)
  • Avatars (you can upload a new one, but your old ones won't show)

If you spot any other bugs, errors or problems, please reply to this topic!

• Like 1

Evo, there's more than that. For example under the hood in the ACP, it's completely remodelled (pink menus...) and there are several new functions and rewritten functions aroung the forum. The fact Calendar, Awards and Chat redirect to the forum index means they weren't configured/possibly recoded in the case of Awards and the forum can't access them anymore because the engine changed.

Edited by Spider-Vice

Is there a change log somewhere for the upgrade? Seems like a lot of work for just the black bar and a couple of changes.

Yeah there are a lot of changes, but most of the ones I care about are for moderators/admins so I've not listed them here.

You can see a much more comprehensive list of changes here.

Evo, there's more than that. For example under the hood in the ACP, it's completely remodelled (pink menus...)

Yeah "pink menus" - the most important change - how could I miss that out?!?! :P

Sherman? Is that you? Welcome back or I've been too inactive? :cheers: Well it will need a reskin, porting IPB 3.1 skins to 3.2 must be damn complicated, skins for 3.1 don't work very well, profiles get completely fucked.

Edit: I was browsing through old posts and found that the database might be damaged... Here.

Edited by Spider-Vice

I will recode the old skin to work with this new layout but I have more important work to do before that. This new skin is a lot cleaner and slick than the old IPB ones though. And it's the first default skin I've actually liked. I can tell you that we'll be using this as the base template and, at first, simply change the colour scheme to better match TGTAP's homepage. Once that is done we'll start looking into seeing what else could be customised to satisfy you, the users, more.

IPB used to have avatars and profile pictures separately, but now there is only one image per user. We're currently making it work with avatars instead of profile pics, so hold up.

As for first-post-needs-approval, this has saved us from a LOT of spam. I know this because I'm the one who deletes it all every week. Especially with the new ModCP, It's much easier to check all new users' first posts than it is to try and clean up after a spam attack.

I think we should explain to new users why their topic/reply isn't showing up, to avoid the double/triple posts that some members do when their stuff isn't there, but I still think it's better on than off.