Photo
- - - - -

Grand Theft Auto 5: To Be in San Andreas?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:25 PM

I'm not saying GTA IV totally sucks (not on consoles at least), but yeah was overrated and overumm, hyped... and although I didn't wanna really admit it at first, right now, the Saints Row series has a lot more potential. I'm sure R* will come up with something mind blowing for GTA V if it ever comes out, but I'm also sure the effect will be the same as GTA IV: I'll be ''OMGWTFBBQ BEST GAYM EVAR!!111'' at first and ''boohooo :'('' after a few weeks...

That's assuming I'd buy it, which won't happen regardless of what Rockstar does...

Edited by TUN3R, 10 September 2011 - 05:46 PM.

#22 MrGrandTheftAuto

MrGrandTheftAuto

Rockstar Leeds

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:42 PM

@tuner
'something mind blowing for GTA IV' You mean GTA V

Edited by MrGrandTheftAuto, 10 September 2011 - 05:43 PM.

#23 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:47 PM

Yeah GTA 5 sorry.

#24 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:15 PM

I don't think GTAV will be released any time soon, I think a trailer comes out about a year before the release, so we still have a long way to go.
What I will say is GTAIV was very good but it wasn't as revolutionary as San Andreas, it kinda went backwards in some respects,
I hope they don't do it in San Andreas, they've already rehashed Liberty City, Im still holding out for GTA london, that would be good.

Posted Image
Thanks to OGTAM for the Sig

#25 MrGrandTheftAuto

MrGrandTheftAuto

Rockstar Leeds

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:16 PM

@Hussain91 GTAV is releasing in 2012. R* is going to announce it at the end of this year. i want them to have Vice City, San Andreas and Liberty City. You should have these cities as options. That would be fucking good :D

#26 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:57 PM

@Hussain91 GTAV is releasing in 2012. R* is going to announce it at the end of this year.

Keep dreaming :P

i want them to have Vice City, San Andreas and Liberty City. You should have these cities as options. That would be fucking good :D

No it would be fucking epic.

#27 MrGrandTheftAuto

MrGrandTheftAuto

Rockstar Leeds

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:20 PM

Keep dreaming :P

OMG no Im serious :|

No it would be fucking epic.

It would :D

#28 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:47 PM

I would love for it to come out in 2012, but they have yet to release a trailer, once they release a trailer then I would be optimistic about a 2012 release.
Maybe they may go back to the (better) October release in 2012.

Posted Image
Thanks to OGTAM for the Sig

#29 MrGrandTheftAuto

MrGrandTheftAuto

Rockstar Leeds

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:14 PM

GTA V is almost done. Its just finishing touches now. They might release the game in Summer 2012

#30 Red_Squirrel_UK

Red_Squirrel_UK

Thug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •    England 

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:28 PM

I'm not saying GTA IV totally sucks (not on consoles at least), but yeah was overrated and overumm, hyped... and although I didn't wanna really admit it at first, right now, the Saints Row series has a lot more potential. I'm sure R* will come up with something mind blowing for GTA V if it ever comes out, but I'm also sure the effect will be the same as GTA IV: I'll be ''OMGWTFBBQ BEST GAYM EVAR!!111'' at first and ''boohooo :'('' after a few weeks...

That's assuming I'd buy it, which won't happen regardless of what Rockstar does...

Aye, I was doing the same thing is regard's to saints row.. Well, i only played the 1st saints row and GTAIV is better then saints row, but saints row 2 i've never played and the 3rd one they've got coming out look's mad (in a good way)

GTA IV was over hyped, i still had to go out and buy it day one.. lost and damned, gay tony? day one, and it'll be the same for when GTA V come's out.. No, it won't be the best GTA game ever, nothing can top san andreas in my mind.. But we will see.

And everybody keeps asking for a vice city rehash or san an rehash.. Although it would be good, i also think it'd be a good idea if they did something more fresh.. GTA london FTW!! they have not done one set in london yet, and it would be a good kinda throw back to the old day's when GTA was bird's eye.. I kinda miss those jogger's in orange who would all be running in a line and u gotta try and splat 'em all..

Also, the multiplayer for GTA V will probably have challange's and stuff like red dead redemption.. When GTA IV was being made, it was a new engine for them.. And now they've had more time to get used to this new engine, which add's alot more potential for a new GTA game.. R* HAVE to make a new GTA game, just because.. I mean, if they never did make GTA rockstar would not be as big as they are now.. Its R*'s best franchise, do i wanna play rockstar table tennis? DO I FUCK!

Edited by Red_Squirrel_UK, 14 September 2011 - 05:31 PM.

#31 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:45 PM

I finished SR1 as well. One of 3 games I finished on Xbox 360 lol (the other two being GTA IV and SR2, but that was in the past 2 years, I finished SR1 in 2007).

Anyway I gave up on GTA, it would be absurd to say I won't play a new one but I sure as hell ain't gonna buy another one...

I'm saving for SR3 tho.

#32 Red_Squirrel_UK

Red_Squirrel_UK

Thug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •    England 

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:30 PM

I finished SR1 as well. One of 3 games I finished on Xbox 360 lol (the other two being GTA IV and SR2, but that was in the past 2 years, I finished SR1 in 2007).

Anyway I gave up on GTA, it would be absurd to say I won't play a new one but I sure as hell ain't gonna buy another one...

I'm saving for SR3 tho.

R* make a mint anyway haha, support small time game developers/indie developers with ur money instead!

I bought the GTA collection off steam, because it was on sale.. only to find out it would not let me mod SA.. It's like they want us to pirate :-\ I guess you could still get the game on disc for pc and just make sure u don't install latest patch.. But fuck that, i already paid for the game once on PC, so i can justify it somewhat

I shudnt say things like that really.. I read somewhere that the admin of this forum is the voice for CJ.. Which is call BS for, the guy who did the voice for CJ on SA.. Has his own GTA forum? hmmm if it is true, then that is wickedddddddddddddddd

Edited by Red_Squirrel_UK, 14 September 2011 - 07:41 PM.

#33 MrGrandTheftAuto

MrGrandTheftAuto

Rockstar Leeds

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:49 PM

Rockstar make the BEST games!

#34 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:31 AM

Rockstar make the BEST games!

Made the best games*

#35 MrGrandTheftAuto

MrGrandTheftAuto

Rockstar Leeds

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:53 PM

Oh your correcting me now are ya?

#36 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:59 PM

I don't see what everybody's fascination is with a(nother) GTA being set in London, really. Yeah they did the '69 version, but... it missed the point by a longshot. GTA is essentially one big joke about Americans, America, Americanisms and so on.

I'd cast my vote for Carcer city a million times. It's already in the 'lore' and they wouldn't have the sae expectations to live up to had they done a VC / SA remake...

Also: Opinions, we all have them, can we not just dedicate single posts to the acknowledgement that someone's opinion is different to yours without any further contribution to the thread. kthx.

I read somewhere that the admin of this forum is the voice for CJ.. Which is call BS for, the guy who did the voice for CJ on SA

This cracked me the fuck up. Infact I'm going to send this to Chris right fucking now via PM xD

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#37 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:51 PM

For once I agree with MrLlama.

@MrGTA

IDK if Rockstar disappointed console gamers but they totally gave the finger to PC gamers. Deal with it B-)

#38 MrGrandTheftAuto

MrGrandTheftAuto

Rockstar Leeds

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:46 PM

Agree with MrLlamaLlama

@tuner
:(

#39 Red_Squirrel_UK

Red_Squirrel_UK

Thug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •    England 

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:01 PM

I don't see what everybody's fascination is with a(nother) GTA being set in London, really. Yeah they did the '69 version, but... it missed the point by a longshot. GTA is essentially one big joke about Americans, America, Americanisms and so on.

I'd cast my vote for Carcer city a million times. It's already in the 'lore' and they wouldn't have the sae expectations to live up to had they done a VC / SA remake...

Also: Opinions, we all have them, can we not just dedicate single posts to the acknowledgement that someone's opinion is different to yours without any further contribution to the thread. kthx.

This cracked me the fuck up. Infact I'm going to send this to Chris right fucking now via PM xD

Why'd it crack you up? cus i called BS?

And the point? lol, ill tell you the whole point of GTA... A true free roam game, with good sense of humour and great music! I can see where ur coming from about the "one big joke", GTA game's make fun of thing's like.. incest, gun crazy red necks, obesity.. But how am I not seeing the point? I already knew the game poke's fun at american culture, but the radio station's play alot of artist that are from england, and gta is essentially a BRITISH game.. So what's wrong with having the game set somewhere new?

Oh, and FYI.. Just because GTA is suppose to be "one big joke about america" doesnt mean thats ALL it is, and in-fact the OLD GTA game's used to make joke's about the UK.. Sorry, but do you not remember all the mad cow disease joke's rockstar put into GTA? Not my fault you fail to see the potential of having a GTA game set in the UK

Edited by Red_Squirrel_UK, 15 September 2011 - 11:04 PM.

#40 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:42 PM

It cracked me up because this is Young Maylay (aka Chris Bellard):

Posted Image

and because Chris (our Chris) is, in Contrast a skinny white dude.

Oh and I'm not doubting for a second that because the Housers are British they'd negelct to include any ridicule aimed at British people, things, phenomena, and so on. But having the world based in America is what gave the series the backbone around which it was built, and where it's entire soul resides. It's for that reason I don't ever see GTA being based outside of the UK (and because 'Grand Theft Auto' is a largely American term for the felony, I don't recall it ever being used within Britain) and also is one of the rich well of humour mined by the writers which game the franchise such infamy. Also, i have no idea where you plucked the idea of em implying you'd missed the point from. It was more a comment about how GTA London had focus very quickly shifted from it and i'd go as far as to say it's probably the most overlooked major release of the franchise (GTA Advance and so on aside), not a direct jibe.

For further discussion value, I'll go on to say that yeah, i would also say that us guys on the PC have been given the finger a little bit. As of late we've been subject to later - than desired releases that were just that bit too buggy or not quite optimised well enough.

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users