Grand Theft Auto 5: To Be in San Andreas?

Seven

@Hussain91 GTAV is releasing in 2012. R* is going to announce it at the end of this year.

Keep dreaming :P

i want them to have Vice City, San Andreas and Liberty City. You should have these cities as options. That would be fucking good :D

No it would be fucking epic.

I'm not saying GTA IV totally sucks (not on consoles at least), but yeah was overrated and overumm, hyped... and although I didn't wanna really admit it at first, right now, the Saints Row series has a lot more potential. I'm sure R* will come up with something mind blowing for GTA V if it ever comes out, but I'm also sure the effect will be the same as GTA IV: I'll be ''OMGWTFBBQ BEST GAYM EVAR!!111'' at first and ''boohooo :'('' after a few weeks...

That's assuming I'd buy it, which won't happen regardless of what Rockstar does...

Aye, I was doing the same thing is regard's to saints row.. Well, i only played the 1st saints row and GTAIV is better then saints row, but saints row 2 i've never played and the 3rd one they've got coming out look's mad (in a good way)

GTA IV was over hyped, i still had to go out and buy it day one.. lost and damned, gay tony? day one, and it'll be the same for when GTA V come's out.. No, it won't be the best GTA game ever, nothing can top san andreas in my mind.. But we will see.

And everybody keeps asking for a vice city rehash or san an rehash.. Although it would be good, i also think it'd be a good idea if they did something more fresh.. GTA london FTW!! they have not done one set in london yet, and it would be a good kinda throw back to the old day's when GTA was bird's eye.. I kinda miss those jogger's in orange who would all be running in a line and u gotta try and splat 'em all..

Also, the multiplayer for GTA V will probably have challange's and stuff like red dead redemption.. When GTA IV was being made, it was a new engine for them.. And now they've had more time to get used to this new engine, which add's alot more potential for a new GTA game.. R* HAVE to make a new GTA game, just because.. I mean, if they never did make GTA rockstar would not be as big as they are now.. Its R*'s best franchise, do i wanna play rockstar table tennis? DO I FUCK!

Edited by Red_Squirrel_UK

I finished SR1 as well. One of 3 games I finished on Xbox 360 lol (the other two being GTA IV and SR2, but that was in the past 2 years, I finished SR1 in 2007).

Anyway I gave up on GTA, it would be absurd to say I won't play a new one but I sure as hell ain't gonna buy another one...

I'm saving for SR3 tho.

I finished SR1 as well. One of 3 games I finished on Xbox 360 lol (the other two being GTA IV and SR2, but that was in the past 2 years, I finished SR1 in 2007).

Anyway I gave up on GTA, it would be absurd to say I won't play a new one but I sure as hell ain't gonna buy another one...

I'm saving for SR3 tho.

R* make a mint anyway haha, support small time game developers/indie developers with ur money instead!

I bought the GTA collection off steam, because it was on sale.. only to find out it would not let me mod SA.. It's like they want us to pirate :-\ I guess you could still get the game on disc for pc and just make sure u don't install latest patch.. But fuck that, i already paid for the game once on PC, so i can justify it somewhat

I shudnt say things like that really.. I read somewhere that the admin of this forum is the voice for CJ.. Which is call BS for, the guy who did the voice for CJ on SA.. Has his own GTA forum? hmmm if it is true, then that is wickedddddddddddddddd

I don't see what everybody's fascination is with a(nother) GTA being set in London, really. Yeah they did the '69 version, but... it missed the point by a longshot. GTA is essentially one big joke about Americans, America, Americanisms and so on.

I'd cast my vote for Carcer city a million times. It's already in the 'lore' and they wouldn't have the sae expectations to live up to had they done a VC / SA remake...

Also: Opinions, we all have them, can we not just dedicate single posts to the acknowledgement that someone's opinion is different to yours without any further contribution to the thread. kthx.

I read somewhere that the admin of this forum is the voice for CJ.. Which is call BS for, the guy who did the voice for CJ on SA

This cracked me the fuck up. Infact I'm going to send this to Chris right fucking now via PM xD

I don't see what everybody's fascination is with a(nother) GTA being set in London, really. Yeah they did the '69 version, but... it missed the point by a longshot. GTA is essentially one big joke about Americans, America, Americanisms and so on.

I'd cast my vote for Carcer city a million times. It's already in the 'lore' and they wouldn't have the sae expectations to live up to had they done a VC / SA remake...

Also: Opinions, we all have them, can we not just dedicate single posts to the acknowledgement that someone's opinion is different to yours without any further contribution to the thread. kthx.

This cracked me the fuck up. Infact I'm going to send this to Chris right fucking now via PM xD

Why'd it crack you up? cus i called BS?

And the point? lol, ill tell you the whole point of GTA... A true free roam game, with good sense of humour and great music! I can see where ur coming from about the "one big joke", GTA game's make fun of thing's like.. incest, gun crazy red necks, obesity.. But how am I not seeing the point? I already knew the game poke's fun at american culture, but the radio station's play alot of artist that are from england, and gta is essentially a BRITISH game.. So what's wrong with having the game set somewhere new?

Oh, and FYI.. Just because GTA is suppose to be "one big joke about america" doesnt mean thats ALL it is, and in-fact the OLD GTA game's used to make joke's about the UK.. Sorry, but do you not remember all the mad cow disease joke's rockstar put into GTA? Not my fault you fail to see the potential of having a GTA game set in the UK

It cracked me up because this is Young Maylay (aka Chris Bellard):

Young+MayLay+maylay.jpg

and because Chris (our Chris) is, in Contrast a skinny white dude.

Oh and I'm not doubting for a second that because the Housers are British they'd negelct to include any ridicule aimed at British people, things, phenomena, and so on. But having the world based in America is what gave the series the backbone around which it was built, and where it's entire soul resides. It's for that reason I don't ever see GTA being based outside of the UK (and because 'Grand Theft Auto' is a largely American term for the felony, I don't recall it ever being used within Britain) and also is one of the rich well of humour mined by the writers which game the franchise such infamy. Also, i have no idea where you plucked the idea of em implying you'd missed the point from. It was more a comment about how GTA London had focus very quickly shifted from it and i'd go as far as to say it's probably the most overlooked major release of the franchise (GTA Advance and so on aside), not a direct jibe.

For further discussion value, I'll go on to say that yeah, i would also say that us guys on the PC have been given the finger a little bit. As of late we've been subject to later - than desired releases that were just that bit too buggy or not quite optimised well enough.

They could even take some inspiration from london 69, like the mission where you are in the van and have to drop off EXPLOSIVE blow up doll's haha.. Which ironicly you could be driving a THREE wheeler van.. For those that don't know it has to be a three wheeled van because its a refference to one of, if not THE greatest british comedy of all time.

But alas, that's why gta london will never be.. Because countrie's like the state's are the industrie's biggest market, and it has to appeal to their audiences.. But at the end of the day that's all down to money, they will never release gta london because they wanna apeal to a "bigger audience" (that wasn't another obesity joke)

Why shouldn't they just say "fuck it" ..??

Make the game even if it doesnt appeal to everybody.. R* are located ALL around the world, including the UK.. The psp gta game's was done by Rockstar LEEDS. I live near leeds bro.. gta is known for its zany humour, they could easily make a modern gta london with all the great things gta is already famous. Look at red dead that was a master peice, wild wild west baby now do london.. GTA should honour its roots, fuck the money!

For further discussion value, I'll go on to say that yeah, i would also say that us guys on the PC have been given the finger a little bit. As of late we've been subject to later - than desired releases that were just that bit too buggy or not quite optimised well enough.

Another valid reason why london should never be?

the term grand theft may be a term used by cop's in the U.S.. But it could be a throw back, ok GTA IV imo was good.. But in comparison to previous game's in the series? Not a chance, but isnt london 69 just an add on for gta 2? A gta game based in the UK is a good idea, don't you think it would be fun to go shoot some limey bastards? then you could drop off at the chip shop and get some fish 'n chips!

When I catch the bus home from work every day, I always see someone driving in an NYPD police car, perfectly legal i guess since its obvoiusly not a real police officer lmao.. But I love seeing it, reminds me of GTA <3 That's why I think gta london would be good, let our american cousin's drive around london blowin shit up lmfao

Either way, we have no idea what rockstar have planned..

Edited by MrLlamaLlama

I'm not sure if you meant to double post, but I suspect you made a post, lost it to some cruel fate and then posted again.. but they both posted? I have no idea but I've merged the 2. (That's what the edit note's for :))

I'm all over the idea of having throwbacks to missions from the top-down era. I think it would be a fantastic service to the fans who grew up with the series. And the writing was as good then as it is now, so they'd still have all the irreverence to keep the newer generation audience engaged.

I think Rockstar probably run the risk of being branded as copycats should they decide to envision London though, Given the release of 'The Getaway' (the fact that it was pretty terrible aside), and that's not something I'd necessarily like to besmirch my company's good image with should I be in the situation. They're clearly not afraid to 'go there' with it - I mean, they had Maccer wanking over Margaret Thatcher... And I think you have a solid point in that mass appeal will keep them glued to an American setting.

I'm not sure if you meant to double post, but I suspect you made a post, lost it to some cruel fate and then posted again.. but they both posted? I have no idea but I've merged the 2. (That's what the edit note's for :))

I'm all over the idea of having throwbacks to missions from the top-down era. I think it would be a fantastic service to the fans who grew up with the series. And the writing was as good then as it is now, so they'd still have all the irreverence to keep the newer generation audience engaged.

I think Rockstar probably run the risk of being branded as copycats should they decide to envision London though, Given the release of 'The Getaway' (the fact that it was pretty terrible aside), and that's not something I'd necessarily like to besmirch my company's good image with should I be in the situation. They're clearly not afraid to 'go there' with it - I mean, they had Maccer wanking over Margaret Thatcher... And I think you have a solid point in that mass appeal will keep them glued to an American setting.

I can't even remember most of the mission's on top down gta but I vividly remember the blow up doll's one just because of the randomness, i liked using a phone box on GTA IV because it seemed like a nice sutble throw back to the old day's

At the same time though they could be branded as unoriginal or worse if they remake VC or SA and completley botch it up.. I would love a new SA, but at the same time.. How can you make SA any better? If it aint broke, don't fix it.

I wouldnt want london to be ultra realistic either, if R* do the same with GTA V as they have done with IV then that will be the end for GTA! Beside's, R* have done everything in the U.S. Be a detective in Los Angeles, play cow boy's and indian's in the wild west, blow people up and have cop chase's in new york.. Which is another thing, way too many game's are based in NY.. NY is nice 'n all, especially on crysis 2, but its getting old now lol

Tbh san andreas look's like the biggest possibility, there's even a thing in gta IV that say's johnsons meat or something like that anyway.. And you know what R* are like with teasing us beloved fan's.. Remember when people thought bigfoot was in san an? and rockstar WANTED people to believe it.. Then they make red dead redemption, then they make undead nightmare.. With a mission where you have to kill bigfoot, for which you get an achievement called 'Six years in the making' which is a refference to San Andreas

Fun Fact - In the french version of undead nightmare this achievement is named "Plus la peine de chercher, CJ"..In English - "No need to seek it anymore, CJ"

edit, i just looked up some maylay.. Heh, listened to his song dedicated to SA ^.^ I've got to get up for work in 2 and a half fuckin hours.. But I might as well just have another beer, another spliff.. And play san an! I can't wait to show my bestest SA buddy these song's by maylay, as i don't think he realised CJ acctually rapped either heheh

btw, do people in this community all have game's together on SA? Do you all use microphone's to communicate? I've had my pc for quite a few month's now and still aint really gave MTA a chance

With a mission where you have to kill bigfoot, for which you get an achievement called 'Six years in the making' which is a refference to San Andreas

Learn something new everyday :P

btw, do people in this community all have game's together on SA? Do you all use microphone's to communicate? I've had my pc for quite a few month's now and still aint really gave MTA a chance

Not really. I've spoken with a group of the mods before on voip once, but that's about it, we've also tried to arrange to meet up for a beer somewhere but it didn't work out given everyone's schedules not really working together. We also did have an MTA server for a brief period 9after 2.0 was released) but we had issues with hosting arrangements and so on if I remember correctly. It was a hell of a lot of fun, actually, even if 90% of staff activity was having to rocketlaunch griefers and stuff.