#1 Jace

Jace

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 5,871 posts
  • Netherlands 

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:34 PM

Posted Image

So today marks the release of Portal 2. Many of us (probably) have been waiting for this since 2007, the year that gave us The Orange Box (and MW, Crysis, Bioshock. Basically gaming god-year). Now I'd actually rather tell you guys that Valve released Episode 3 today, but we'll have to wait another 4 years for that. In the meantime I'd rather inform you about the second best thing that is Portal 2.

I ordered a physical copy from Amazon, so I'll have to wait. The ones who ordered it at Steam have probably already played it. So, share your favorite moment, tell us about the gameplay, quote the funniest line and laugh about Weatley's accent or GLaDOS' cynisism.

If anyone can actually be bothered to reply (I don't know how TGTAP's activity is lately..), then I might just add some nice info and the like to this post.

In the meantime.. this is where I get off.

Posted Image

Courtesy to Connor

#2 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:37 PM

It's too epic for words. Knowing now what I know (on the penultimate chapter as we speak) I'd have hated it if I'd have known what was coming. It's too good.

Claims that it's 15hrs are untrue. I'd call it 8, 9 max for anyone, even the touristy players like me who listen to the dialogue intently.

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#3 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:53 PM

Uh, can't believe I forgot about this game, definitely gonna order it through Amazon uk. The first Portal was so awesome I gotta see how this one turned out.
Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#4 EvoLuTioN

EvoLuTioN

Call me Evo ...

• Members
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 06:00 AM

I like how the TF2 Team snuck in and added hats to it.

Reality - An illusion caused by Alcohol Deficiency

Posted Image
xfire|Steam ID : evolutionevoz

#5 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 06:03 AM

Anyone who posts spoilers will be banned

(:

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

And not a single fuck was given that day.

#6 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:00 AM

Heard the users at Metacritic hated it...

#7 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:32 PM

Also, once people start finishing the campaign, the co-op is pretty lulzy. Not great, and lacking the soul of the singleplayer, but good. Hit me up... Steam ID: MrLlamaLlama

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

#8 Nate10

Nate10

Underboss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,936 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:48 PM

I actually haven't even played the first, though I have The Orange Box coming to my house on Thursday. Idk but I actually was excited for Portal 2's release? Haha but yeah, If I like Portal, I'll get the second after I beat the first.

#9 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:43 PM

I finished Portal 2 the other day. At first it seemed very similar to 1, but I really got into it by the end. Storyline was awesome, the new features are cool, and yeah pretty cool.

It has some replay value, but I'd like to be able to pick a levels to replay (not just saves).

Not tried co-op yet.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

And not a single fuck was given that day.

#10 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:21 PM

You can go back chapter by chapter, but they were pretty beefy as it was. Had the opp. to play co-op with some friends and i must say it has been very well thought out. Bring a mic though.

Posted Image

#11 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:42 AM

Major spoiler: Glados is a potato.

#12 Jace

Jace

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 5,871 posts
  • Netherlands 

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:06 PM

I am disappoint.. No challenge rooms.. and the puzzels we're not all that challenging. Though I have to admit I had a few 'what now' moments, it usually was cause I didn't understand a certain game mechanic.
Spoiler

I did like Portal 2, don't get me wrong. Just... felt like it could have done better.
Spoiler
and too much questions regarding the story are left unanswered. It's more of an afterthought though.. I enjoyed playing through it the first time. Sort of did it over again (well, half at least), but it's not that much fun doing it again.. unlike Portal 1, that gave you the possibilities to do things over again on a different way.

Posted Image

Courtesy to Connor

#13 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:06 PM

Jace. JAAAAAAACE. Jace. So much Jace, gotta see it all. Jace Jace Jace. JAAAAAAAACE. Jace too big, wanna go home.

Posted Image

#14 Jace

Jace

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 5,871 posts
  • Netherlands 

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:47 AM

Eh, what? I don't understand. Am I the only one who felt a little.. I don't know, hollow when finishing the game?

Spoiler

So once again: it's a very good game with very high production values and I'd certainly recommend it to everyone. It just isn't the best game ever and actually is even a step down on some fronts compared to the original. The challenge rooms of the original actually were what the name suggested: a real challenge. Portal 2 basically just makes you walk a predetermined path while listening to the lines of Wheatley and GLaDOS while now and then popping a portal here and there.

It isn't as grim as I may make it sound, but I had a bit higher expectations.. On the other hand, it's hard to 'wow' once again when having to live up to something as fresh as Portal 1 was.

Posted Image

Courtesy to Connor

#15 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:15 AM

It pwned. Gimme DLC Gaben.

#16 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:58 AM

Eh, what? I don't understand. Am I the only one who felt a little.. I don't know, hollow when finishing the game?

The core... the one who
Spoiler
idk if you play games in Dutch or English :P so they might have changed it.

Video:

Spoiler

Posted Image

#17 Damjan

Damjan

We are using Linux daily to UP our productivity - so UP yours

• Members
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:44 PM

Ah that core.

Spoiler

God.

Posted Image

#18 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:00 PM

Posted Image

#19 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:02 AM

I just don't know how it could possibly live up to the first game. I mean, the first game was the greatest game of all time.

And I am rather upset that I cannot make it work on my computer.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users