my GTA IV pc setting " will it work ? "

umadniko

This is how i got my GTA 4 setting on my dv7-3060us and even thought is have a "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530 w/ 512mb" is rated as low/med range of quality will there be some improvement or will i have to do something else ?!?!?!?!?

Video modes : 1280x720 50hz

Ratio : 15:9

Texture : Low

Reflection : off

Water : low

Shadow : off

Texture : Low

View : 1

Detail : 1

Vehicle : 1

Shadow : 1

Definition : Off

VSync : Off

Resource usage : 216/499mb

Updated i change the setting to 1600x900 at 50Hz and ratio at auto i updated to latest video driver from ati and change some setting on the ati catalyst control center

ATi... ouch. Would have been a good idea if you told us your full PC config but anyway...

3 tips:

1. When buying a GPU people make the mistake of looking only at the 1st number of the model's name (in your case, 4xxx), I did too. Usually, the last 3 or 2 (depending on the model) show performance. Ex: GeForce 9300 is low-end and GeForce 9800 is high-end.

2. Try these settings:

Video modes : 1024 x 768

Ratio : IDK depends on the monitor.

Texture : High

Reflection : High / Medium (High setting sucks a lot of juice when it's raining)

Shadow : Low

Detail : 100 (unless the View is very high, this option doesn't really impact performance)

Vehicle : 50, you can try 100 but it will make driving impossible :P

Definition : On

3. Get an Nvidia ^^

Edited by TUN3R

ATi... ouch. Would have been a good idea if you told us your full PC config but anyway...

3 tips:

1. When buying a GPU people make the mistake of looking only at the 1st number of the model's name (in your case, 4xxx), I did too. Usually, the last 3 or 2 (depending on the model) show performance. Ex: GeForce 9300 is low-end and GeForce 9800 is high-end.

2. Try these settings:

Video modes : 1024 x 768

Ratio : IDK depends on the monitor.

Reflection : High / Medium (High setting sucks a lot of juice when it's raining)

Shadow : Low

Detail : 100 (unless the View is very high, this option doesn't really impact performance)

Vehicle : 50, you can try 100 but it will make driving impossible :P

3. Get an Nvidia ^^

I will NEVER buy any computer or even a laptop with a NVIDIA because of this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia#GPU_controversies_for_Laptops.2FNotebooks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_Pavilion_%28computer%29#Overheating_issue

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hewlett-Packard#Controversy

And what happen was my laptop was not part of the official recalled list but is have a connection each laptop from that series have the " defective GPU unit " so were talking about hundred of dv9000 owner have the exact same problem as the "official defective list" and that NVIDIA took full responsibility of the problem defective and told all the computer make

HP

SONY

DELL

APPLE

That to recalled the pc / laptop with the defective and the 3 Were Dell,Sony,Apple and we will cover the cost of the repair and replacement and help the customer but with HP that is another story let me say this they never told there customer back in 2007 and 2008 when this problem came up and infact when people start have problem with these " bad gpu " hp executive tell there the customer support team to lies and coverup about any recalled and in few cases that i read

Try to scam customer out of $250 to get it fix even is part of the official/unofficial list

Try give a discount for a new computer even is was under warranty and part of the official/unofficial list

And they even wait until the 1yrs warranty expired and customer were told that they were a recalled but refuses to do anything

And that why a lot of dv9000 owner sue HP and took them to court and HP will responded by ether

1.Replacing or Fixing the defective computer with free repair or new pc

2.Settle out of court with a refund

3.HP will do nothing and let the customer get pissoff and destroying it

But my experience is that HP hate ME as a customer and refuses to do a thing for me even thought i read how they treat the dv9000 owner and since my laptop was part of that series my dv9640us and after 3 repair and is was getting to a point that something new was installed and a new problem pop up and is was disgusting so since HP HATE IT CUSTOMER and i contact the CEO of the retail and i explain what happen and about the recalled that HP never told it customer and when i was at the service center they saw that 3 repair within 6 month and they even told me that they have 15 dv9000 from other customer who have the same problem and in these end i got a store credit and bought another HP with a ATI card and even though is a HP i will never trust them or NVIDIA

And is just getting worst for HP read about the fail "i7 cpu" codename sandy bridge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Bridge#Cougar_Point_chipset_issue

is just a bad bad bad situation..............................!

Edited by umadniko

Don't know about that. I just know that I've had 3 ATi's out of which 2 burned and one had fucked up drivers, and 3 Nvidias (5 if we count a VooDoo 2 and a VooDoo 4) out of which only one was broken (and after I took it to the shop to replace it I've never had problems with it for 3 years until I replaced it cause it couldn't run NFS Carbon).

-2 ATi Radeons 9600 (one 128 and one 256, the 256 one had driver problems)

-1 ATi Radeon 9300 (64 or 128, don't remember)

-GeForce 2

-GeForce 4

-GeForce 9400GT (current)

-GeForce 250 / 275 (future?)

An advice is an advice, take it or leave it. But just so you know, my 9400 runs the game at good frame rate (61 FPS in non-stress areas like the sea side, 42 FPS in general and 29 FPS in high-stress areas) with these settings:

Video modes : 1024 x 768 (32)

Ratio : 4:3

Reflection : Medium

Shadow : Off

View : 20

Detail : 100

Vehicle : 50

Shadow : 0

ATi are good at performance... but that's about it. No decent product quality, no decent drivers, expensive, etc...

Edited by TUN3R

Don't know about that. I just know that I've had 3 ATi's out of which 2 burned and one had fucked up drivers, and 3 Nvidias (5 if we count a VooDoo 2 and a VooDoo 4) out of which only one was broken (and after I took it to the shop to replace it I've never had problems with it for 3 years until I replaced it cause it couldn't run NFS Carbon).

-2 ATi Radeons 9600 (one 128 and one 256, the 256 one had driver problems)

-1 ATi Radeon 9300 (64 or 128, don't remember)

-GeForce 2

-GeForce 4

-GeForce 9400GT (current)

-GeForce 250 / 275 (future?)

An advice is an advice, take it or leave it. But just so you know, my 9400 runs the game at good frame rate (61 FPS in non-stress areas like the sea side, 42 FPS in general and 29 FPS in high-stress areas) with these settings:

Video modes : 1024 x 768 (32)

Ratio : 4:3

Reflection : Medium

Shadow : Off

View : 20

Detail : 100

Vehicle : 50

Shadow : 0

ATi are good at performance... but that's about it. No decent product quality, no decent drivers, expensive, etc...

Well back in the day i did have problem with ATI because there video card have some major issues with my old sony pc and that why i choose NVIDIA but now with all the issues with BAD GPU even thought they " man up " and accept full responsibility and the same go for Dell,Sony,Apple but not the the same go for HP

because there tech support suck you are calling a call center that you expect help but you get people to me are "uneducated" and honestly cant offer no support and when your call there customer service in california is the same attitude and i sorry about this VENT but is was so traumatic that they were hurting mentally and emotionality and didn't care

and to regard to those setting i will try them out and that bring me to my next question what about max out the memory to 8gb will that improve it more or less ?

Lulz customer support sucks everywhere XD I'm better off visiting them boys at the electronics shop with the warranty.

Anyway, after 4GB you don't really feel a difference... but if you have money to spare go for it. You should really get a better GPU though. ATi or Nvidia, that will really make a difference.

Cheapest GPU I know of that can run GTA IV maxed at good frame rate is the GeForce 9800 GT, it's ATi equivalent is the Radeon HD 4870 I think...

Edited by TUN3R