• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#21 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:07 AM

In reply to the question asked by Jimmy in the second post, I would most certainly say yes. Distributing any of the original game's files would be illegal, and most certainly forbidden on this site. If you create a total conversion mod, it should contain only the files needed for addition to the original game, and not any of the original game's content. And yes, it's even illegal if you own the game legally. When you installed it, bought it, whatever...you have at some point agreed (legally binding) to an EULA forbidding duplication of this kind, and to use the files for strictly personal use. I'd also like to push home, once and again, that we do not condone encouragement towards, or encourage ourselves, piracy. It's not a word we'll ban outright and in many cases logic dictates, but I digress.

It'd also be great if we couldn't throw around that breach of the licence agreements and duplication of game files on the internet is in any way acceptable. If you're not sure, wait for someone who is to reply. Rockstar are great people doing a great job that millions enjoy, and they are extremely grateful for their fanbase and the admins of fan sites just like this one; it would be a shame for it to be noted that we had comments like these floating around our forums. If in doubt, look to the first post, Gerard spelled it out right there in black & white.

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#22 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:08 PM

and they are extremely grateful for their fanbase and the admins of fan sites just like this one; it would be a shame for it to be noted that we had comments like these floating around our forums. If in doubt, look to the first post, Gerard spelled it out right there in black & white.

If I didn't know better I'd think you were joking at this part...

#23 Red_Squirrel_UK

Red_Squirrel_UK

Thug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •    England 

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:35 PM

BURN!!!

#24 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:20 AM

It is illegal to distribute, upload, share, copy or download any GTA game. Even if you own a copy, that does not give you the right to share it with other people.

That means it is illegal for you to share the game files for anyone else to download.

If you own a copy yourself, then downloading an extra copy for yourself (e.g. if your disk get scratched) is a bit of a grey area. The main problem is that if you torrent it, that means you are sharing it to other people (it's not just a download).

As for the free download suggestion, Rockstar STILL makes quite a bit of money from people buying SA and VC through Steam etc. That money is paying for GTA V to be developed. Don't deprive them of that.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

And not a single fuck was given that day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users