• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:21 PM

Kay so I'm using these command lines to improve performance in IV / EFLC:

-noprecache
-nomemrestrict
-norestrictions

And it works, although I still have to keep the game close to minimum settings, it runs better. But there's always a catch...

After half an hour or so of game play (sometimes less) the game starts to have memory problems (map not loading, A.I. failing to work, general game functions failing), and after an hour or so the problem becomes so bad I can't even fix it with ALT + TAB or re-loading the game.

Same problems I had when I had a 768 MB RAM PC.

Now, I know this can't be fixed, since you don't just mess with the game settings and expect it to run right (although most games do, Cockstar). So I was wondering if anybody knows how to install the Ultimate Performance Tweak 2?

When I run the install.exe it gives me an error message ''SecuLauncher failed to start etc etc''. And if I copy the files manually in the game folder the game crashes on start up.

My PC:

Intel Core i5 661 3.33 GHz, both cores running.
4GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 32b
GeForce 9400GT 1GB (yes I know it sucks and I need a new one, I'm working on it but in the meantime..)

#2 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:43 PM

Try a different downland mirror or older version of the tweaker tool, it might just be bugged.

Also the issue with memory occurs because when you don't restrict it's access to memory, it will keep dumping stuff that it initially thought your PC couldn't handle, it was right.

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#3 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:12 PM

Try a different downland mirror or older version of the tweaker tool, it might just be bugged.

Also the issue with memory occurs because when you don't restrict it's access to memory, it will keep dumping stuff that it initially thought your PC couldn't handle, it was right.

So I can fix it?

#4 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,254 posts
  • United States 

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:23 PM

What happens when you remove -nomemrestrict and -norestrictions ? Do you still get this problem?

#5 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:49 PM

What happens when you remove -nomemrestrict and -norestrictions ? Do you still get this problem?

Yes, I even deleted commandline.txt and it persists, wadafak?

#6 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:52 AM

Tried reilstalling the game and it still does it D:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users