Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jf1093

Modding on mac?

10 posts in this topic

I don't know anything about Mac's but I'm pretty sure that the version you have is ether 2.0 or 3.0. So the 1st thing you should do is change it to 1.0 so it will allow mods...

Don't axe me how to do that, I still have my original 1.0 copy... all 3 of em' buhahahaha.

I don't think you can downgrade the mac version to v1 (which allows mods), since there was never a mac version of v1.

So unfortunately I see no way to mod them. Your best bet would be to get the PC versions, and use them either on a PC or install Windows in a virtual machine (with Parallels etc).

Sorry :/

I'm sure someone can make a downgrade patch... question is will they? I'm not sure how popular it is on the Mac :P

Yeah doubt this is possible unless you play it on windows on your mac. I doubt someone would make a downgrade patch as well seeing as how old the games are.

No, it won't be possible.

A PC downgrade works by replacing the V2 .exe with a copy of the original V1 exe (which allows modding).

They never made a V1 for Mac, and of course you can't use the windows .exe file, so it's just impossible to downgrade.

They most likely won't be able to edit the files to allow modding, since it's all closed-source and locked-down.

The only way I think it could be done is by *fooling* the program into thinking it's using the original files, but I don't know how that would be possible.

Sorry :/

Or modifying the .exe itself... but since most people piss their pants about custom .exe's I don't think anybody will upload it on a GTA site anytime soon :P

Well Mac doesn't use .exe, it uses unix binaries :P

And it'd still be encrypted so nobody can just edit it and tweak it. That's why the downgrade mod /replaces/ the exe rather than edits it.

Oh... well anyway point is it's not impossible (let's face it, what is impossible in terms of modding? :P), just very unlikely that someone will do it.