The GTA game you keep coming back to

Nate10

GTA4? lol. No, my favourite is GTA Vice City, because I spent an awful lot of time on it when it came out, and VCPR is probably the best radio station in a GTA game so far. SA is great, but I can't really enjoy it because it deserves to run on better hardware than a PS2. My eyes are too well adjusting to crisp HD these days to bother going back to PS2 for too long.

San Andreas is my favorite Grand Theft Auto game my favorite game, it would be wrong to say that I would come back to it because I haven't stopped playing it since 2004 (despite the fact that I now have a high-end PC). I own it 3 times: PS2 Special / Limited Edition (finished it once, story line twice, no cheats), PC 1.0 version (finished it 2 times, story line 5 times, cheated more or less, once with no cheats at all) and Steam 1.1 version which I never installed. 2nd after would be Vice City which I own once for PC (finished 3 times, I haven't used cheats or mods but I can't say I was entirely fair, for example I waited till I unlocked the Hunter to do the vigilante missions) and once for the old Xbox, the Xbox version I only played on a friend's 360, froze several times. And 3rd would be IV and EFLC (finished 'em 4 times, each) which I used to own for PC but I gave it away, I'll get it off Steam if it's on sale, although they have a lot of problems (especially on PC) and although Rockstar is turning into a money whore the core gameplay, with the broken driving and all, is better than ever...

As for GTA III I only own it for PC, finished it once with no cheats or mods, tried to finish it again but I gave up cause compared to GTA San Andreas it has a lot of flaws :P it was hard to get used to it again.

The GTA's before GTA III I wouldn't go back to, they were good back in their day but I don't wanna play 'em again. I own them all for PC and PS1 tho.

PS: I'm not really into buying games, GTA is an exception. Maybe Rockstar should take note you c*ck s*cking money whores.

EDIT: Forgot about GTA LCS and VCS.

LCS I own for PS2 but I never played it, I got it in 2007 shortly after I finished VCS and shortly before my PS2 died... tried to play it with PCSX2 but can't figure out how to use it, plus I think I need a joypad.

VCS I finished the story, didn't get to finish the whole game... didn't get to experience most of it actually since I only thundered thru the story before my PS2 broke.

Edited by TUN3R

• 1 month later...

The original. I say that because I'm having problems getting San Andreas and GT4 to work on my PC so I play other games instead.

But the lure of murder and mayhem won't stay satified for long so I once again pick up my PS1 controller and mow them suckas down. :evil:

Often in a car "donated" by the pig I just pancaked back on the road behind me. :thumbsup: If I'm not doing that I'm using a tanker to play bumper cars. :hurrhurr:

• 3 weeks later...

I still come back to SA. I just had and still do have so many hours of fun playing it.

All the fun vehicles, being able to go offroading in the countryside or desert. Driving off the side of mount Chiliad. lol

All the myths in the game helped give it more replay value too. Going on bigfoot hunts, looking for UFO's, going in Back o Beyond and still checking to see if the 'ghost cars' really will come to life and chase after you.

Sure it'll never happen without mods, but it was still fun pretending something could happen, and at night with fog it did look creepy in the countryside.

• 1 month later...

Without a doubt Vice City. Possibly just because it is the easiest to modify for my purposes. San Andreas is too large of an environment and too complex for my tastes. GTA III on the other hand is a bit too... "generic", borderline "primitive" one might say. But they're all good. Have not played any others besides those three.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

San Andreas and Vice City. GTA 4 is good but its not that fun after finishing the game. I dont want to play GTA III anymore because its old and boring now, and how all of the gangs hate you and want to kill you, even if you do nothing to them. GTA Vice City and SA have the best storylines! Also, I like how Vice City is so clean, birght and sunny, unlike all of the other GTA locations, which are dark, corrupt and dirty.