Best Version

Which is the best?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best?

• PC
    • Xbox
    • PS2

Which version of San Andreas is the best?

I like the PS2 version the best because:

-its the only one i have :P (not enough good games on X and shitty PC)

-flying planes are easy compared to the other versions (heard flying planes on PC is hard)

-No sound glitches!! w00t! (Xbox and PC have sound glitches, but they are random)

-Got 2-player (no 2-player on PC)

-Good controller layout(Xbox is shit, PC is fine)

-play it with a playable speed (got a bad PC?)

-loads haircuts/ tattoes etc in a cool way! (GS said there was a black loading bar, rather somthing covering it, and magic)

Edited by tommy vercetti guy

PC is the best. It doesn't take much to run SA PC at a playable speed. Also, on the PC, buying and changing clothes is much faster, also I have not run into any sound glitches on the PC version, and if you can't fly, get a controler like I did. Finally, 2-player is going to be PS2-shit when MTA comes out for SA PC. (Would you rather play 2-player multiplayer or 30-player multiplayer?)

PC is the best. It doesn't take much to run SA PC at a playable speed. Also, on the PC, buying and changing clothes is much faster, also I have not run into any sound glitches on the PC version, and if you can't fly, get a controler like I did. Finally, 2-player is going to be PS2-shit when MTA comes out for SA PC. (Would you rather play 2-player multiplayer or 30-player multiplayer?)

Man, MTA is shit.

Lag, bugs and another couple of more bullshit.

Ok, remember that the MTA team cant put enought cars on Staunton because of lag, so you would walk most of the time?

How do you think they will fit enought cars on Los Santos??

If you want a good multiplayer game, get AA, its free.

For just gameplay, no version touches PS2. Why? Well, they all may be the exact same game with slight differences, but control-wise, PS2 PWNS both PC and Xbox. Keyboard and mouse may be fine for FPS or point and click RPGs, but NOT for a GTA. Xbox's controller is huge and bulky, and doesn't have a simple enough design to it. PS2's controller is even, small, comfortable, easy to use.

Graphics, PC definetly owns in this category. It also owns because of mods. When I get a bigger HDD and a new video card((I currently have that stupid Radeon 7000 series, and I'm looking towards something around a 9800 or higher. Or maybe this nVidia I found for SIXTY DOLLARS that had 256 MB)) I'll get SA for PC.

For just gameplay, no version touches PS2. Why? Well, they all may be the exact same game with slight differences, but control-wise, PS2 PWNS both PC and Xbox. Keyboard and mouse may be fine for FPS or point and click RPGs, but NOT for a GTA. Xbox's controller is huge and bulky, and doesn't have a simple enough design to it. PS2's controller is even, small, comfortable, easy to use.

Graphics, PC definetly owns in this category. It also owns because of mods. When I get a bigger HDD and a new video card((I currently have that stupid Radeon 7000 series, and I'm looking towards something around a 9800 or higher. Or maybe this nVidia I found for SIXTY DOLLARS that had 256 MB)) I'll get SA for PC.

you know there are controllers that are simular to the ps2 controller right?

so honestly if you wanted to you could set up a control scheme simular to the ps2 version

-its the only one i have :P (not enough good games on X and shitty PC)

-flying planes are easy compared to the other versions (heard flying planes on PC is hard)

-No sound glitches!! w00t! (Xbox and PC have sound glitches, but they are random)

-Got 2-player (no 2-player on PC)

-Good controller layout(Xbox is shit, PC is fine)

-play it with a playable speed (got a bad PC?)

-loads haircuts/ tattoes etc in a cool way! (GS said there was a black loading bar, rather somthing covering it, and magic)

same reasons for me

• 3 weeks later...

sorry about format -my first post here.

I am looking for a little more help on what platform to buy. I have PC and xbox.

I have played gta3 and VC both on PC and was very happy.

(I am not very good with the xbox controller) -however I saw the car driving has changed on PC. any more insight from owners on PC??? thanks!

Thats an opinion. When you've used a keyboard long enough, Getting used to controls is pretty damn easy, Though it does suck that the arrow keys arent touch sensitive, on my keyboard anyway.

sorry about format -my first post here.

I am looking for a little more help on what platform to buy. I have PC and xbox.

I have played gta3 and VC both on PC and was very happy.

(I am not very good with the xbox controller) -however I saw the car driving has changed on PC. any more insight from owners on PC???  thanks!

If your PC can run GTA San Andreas in an enjoyable setting, then i suggest getting it for PC. If your PC can't run GTA San Andreas at an enjoyable setting, get it for the Xbox. The controller and button layouts can get in the way though. Also, for both versions, i heard plane flying can get really hard.