Last Purchase?

The Bossman

What game did you recently buy? Post up a pic of it here, with how much you got it for, and how you feel about the game.

I bought Kane & Lynch 2 Dog Days today, the Limited Edition for £13.99 from GAME, which is an excellent price for an in store game. The game isn't nearly as some people have suggested. It's certainly better than the original, with a cover system that works and slightly more powerful feeling weapons. I can't deny the guns aren't that powerful at all and have a lack of 'punch', but some feel better than others. The graphical style always keeps your attention, and the harsh sounds of the game and distorted images add a lot to the atmosphere. There was only 2 copies of the LE left which I could see, and I had cash so thought why not.

kanelynch2le.jpg?w=304&h=349

Also, I bought MAG for £10 second hand from CEX Exchange when I travelled up to Staines recently, and it's good but it just takes a while until you believe you're of any importance. I'm only level 7 or 8, you need to be at least level 30 to start feeling important, so bit of a grind in that respect but well worth getting for £10.

6072223x.jpg

Edited by The Bossman

*Cough*

What game did you recently buy?

I ordered Medal of Honor Limited Edition 2 weeks ago too, forgot to mention that. Ordered it for under £40 from Zavvi. Not sure if it'll come with the MOH novel as well, or just the other stuff, but even if it did I would just leave it on a shelf somewhere.

The t-shirt sounds good. It's either that, or the one with the novel which will be left on a shelf, or the standard limited edition with no t-shirt or novel. I'm happy the destructible buildings are gone, because in BC2 almost every building looked the goddamn same, there was hardly any variety at all. Not sure about the squads, would be disappointing if they're gone.

Anyone thinking of getting FIFA 11? I will be, but not straight away. I'll wait to see if the supermarkets sell it quite cheap, like under £30 like Tesco did with Halo Reach. PES 2011 plays OK but the dribbling system still sucks, crossing is poor, shooting is unrealistic, the fouls given are usually wrong, and obviously the lack of licences an annoyance. I didn't mind the demo though. FIFAs demo felt like FIFA 10.5 but I'm sure the full game will be miles better than the demo, which is usually the case with every game.

*Cough*

What game did you recently buy?

I ordered Medal of Honor Limited Edition 2 weeks ago too, forgot to mention that. Ordered it for under £40 from Zavvi. Not sure if it'll come with the MOH novel as well, or just the other stuff, but even if it did I would just leave it on a shelf somewhere.

I so failed without even realizing it - thought it was the other last purchase thread.

Anyhow, man... I haven't bought a game in years.

^ :D

There's too many good games out this year man. I will get Fallout New Vegas if it's for a good deal as close to release as possible. Then there's Gran Turismo 5, Crysis 2 and numerous others..

I'm aware, aware that good games have been coming out each year. It's just that I still don't have a 360 or a PS3, and if I'm playing games it's only my old PS1 games(nostalgic value + good game = so much profit), occasionally playing old GTA games on the PS2, or playing Combat Arms/The Sims 2 on the computer. I would save up for some games to play on the computer, but I'm saving up for camera setups, video camera setups, light setups, instruments, programs(probably'll rip them once I get some of the instruments), and plus paying for gas/insurance and etc. keeps me fairly tight with money.

Also, I am not that into video games compared to how I used to be(besides old PS1 games), and that bums me out.

R.I.P. carefree gaming.

Edited by Nate10

What do you do for your job, if you don't mind me asking? You mention cameras and lighting, so something in photography/filming? It's what I want to aim for, but getting there in the first place is becoming a bore. Seems every company is unwilling to hire people, stupid ongoing recession.

What do you do for your job, if you don't mind me asking? You mention cameras and lighting, so something in photography/filming? It's what I want to aim for, but getting there in the first place is becoming a bore. Seems every company is unwilling to hire people, stupid ongoing recession.

No photography related business, though I wish! That would be really nice. I'm a waiter at a local crêperie restaurant/café. Really chill music(like seriously), dope atmosphere, and just an overall cool place. I'm just stoked I'm making more than minimum wage right off the bat at 16.

Photography/videography wise though, hit me up whenever if you are curious about anything, have a question, or just wanna mindlessly talk about anything relevant to it!

@ Ivan - Yeah man, I'll actually have to take you up on that offer. I HAD such an amazing collection of dope PS1 games/demo packs back in the day, but sometime around elementary school I was cleaning out my room and had all my PS1 games in a box(the PS2 was out by then so I was all entranced into that)and this box took up so much space in my room that I just threw 'em away. Said fuck it, why do I need those anymore. My parents were in shock telling me I'd regret it, but I was stubborn. Here I am today though man, doing an ever endless scavenger hunt on ebay, local game shops, and etc., trying to retain all of those classics that I literally threw away in the garbage. Never would've known then how nostalgia can make a game so much better now. I'll probably never find all those games again. Bums me out. And ps2 wise, I've loaned so many of my games to friends, either never getting them back or returned scratched to the point they can't even play so yeah, like I said, I'll take you up on that offer.

Edited by Nate10

@ Nate, sure man, will think up what to say and then will PM you. :) BTW what games did you own on PSX? I still own all of mine, even the shit ones. Not much point selling them, 1p each probably. They're in the room I'm in right now, I count 36 but some of the games are in thin cases. I also have PSX demos too, my oldest demo has Crash Bandicoot 2 on, Hurcules, Felony 11-79, G-Police etc, really old. It's demo disc 10 from the original Official Playstation Magazine. lol.

OT, ordered Fallout New Vegas yesterday from Gamestation, you get the Mercenary DLC pack with Gamestation and it sounds good. You get these:

Lightweight metal armor

Mercenary’s grenade rifle

3 super stimpaks

3 doctor's bags

There's 4 packs in total - Mercenary, Tribal, Caravan and Classic. See them here:

http://wikizap.mobi/enfallout/Mercenary_Pack

http://wikizap.mobi/enfallout/Tribal_Pack

http://wikizap.mobi/enfallout/Caravan_Pack

http://wikizap.mobi/enfallout/Classic_Pack