Virtualization

_Ray

Hey,

My Mom is interested in setting up a website for her business. I would like to have my PC be the domain host/server and pay $0.89 for a .info, but I don't know if that is possible, which brings me to my next question. Is it possible to run a server OS (such as Ubuntu 10.04 Server LTS 32-bit) within Windows Vista x64 and Virtual PC 2007 64-bit?

I'm not gonna pay $700 for Windows Server 2008 and I don't wanna have to partition my HDD and do a dual boot or any of that stuff, so the only logical option for me seems to be Virtual PC if possible. I do have a static IP as well as someone to help me build the site and set everything up.

If it's not gonna work then I'll just pay to have GoDaddy.com or someone else host it, but I would like it to be within my PC if possible.

If necessary I could just partition my old PC and dual boot Ubuntu Server/XP but that would involve creating a Web Server out of a PC running with 448mb RAM, a slow single-core AMD Processor, and already relatively slow internet (1 Mbit Uplink) which would entail suckishness of the highest order.