Posted Image

#22 Damjan

Damjan

We are using Linux daily to UP our productivity - so UP yours

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:45 AM

I'd recommend a basic but effective AM3 motherboard such as this gigabyte board[/url[ or anything from this page.

Also, Steam, you can't exactly compare a 5770 and 5870, they're in difference markets and price ranges.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Scrap everything above, mistakes.

I'd recommend a basic but effective AM3 motherboard such as this gigabyte boardor anything from [url=http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007625+50001314+600009016+600013659&QksAutoSuggestion=&ShowDeactivatedMark=False&Configurator=&IsNodeId=1&Subcategory=22&description=&Ntk=&CFG=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=]this page.

Also, Steam, you can't exactly compare a 5770 and 5870, they're in difference markets and price ranges. Also, if you compare the Athlon and Phenom, you will see that there is very little difference outside of synthetic benchmarks.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
OK, I have no idea why my url tags keep screwing themselves up but just read what I wrote.

See, this is why you don't get around this forum.You stick to your own fucking opinion.I just named those two graphic cards for an example, to indicate that if he's going for ATi he should get a *7** card/above.And for the CPU's, don't believe benchmarks.If you haven't tried it, shut up.You never had an AMD cpu in any of your pc's, so stfu.

Posted Image

#23 Huckleberry Pie

Huckleberry Pie

"There's always something,"

• Members
  • 2,976 posts
  • Philippines 

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:32 AM

Personally I don't feel like engaging in a verbal fight with Ray; he may insist on his opinions about which card is the best, but then again what matters is that Llama is satisfied about it.

Posted Image

Ubisoft should take a look at this...
"We love Him because He first loved us." - 1 John 4:9-10

#24 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:08 PM

Never has there been a more apt use of the phrase: STFU or GTFO

What, me or Husky? :huh:

Husky, with his random, nonsensical input. Either way, just cool it before this turns into.. whatever this is. Like I said, I'm getting a friend talk me through some stuff and show me comparable products infront of me.

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#25 _Ray

_Ray

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:51 PM

Steam,

The GTX 460 will wipe the 5770 all over the road, performance wise. They're not even in the same market. Again, I still don't understand how you can compare a 5770 and 5870. Like I said before, the GTX 460 performs similarly to a Radeon 5830.

I'll leave it at that.

And for the CPU's, don't believe benchmarks.If you haven't tried it, shut up.You never had an AMD cpu in any of your pc's, so stfu.

Really?

Well then, I direct you here. See my first post.

I also still have a use that PC regularly.

Like I said, I'm getting a friend talk me through some stuff and show me comparable products infront of me.

Let us know how it turns out/ what you decide to get.
Posted Image

#26 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:28 PM

OK, so given that:

Planning to throw in another GFX card after a couple weeks to sli, and another identical HDD dedicated to college work. This should be running through a 24" screen putting out 1920x1080(p).

I've decided to scrap the sli scheme. Firstly because, I've realised after quite a while that the board I'm after doesn't support Sli, which is fine if I had the cash right now to buy a really high end Nvidia card, but I don't. So i reckon I'm going inbetween the pricepoint of 1 and 2 460's and going for a decently specced 5870.

Most of the other stuff remains unchanged, going for a thermaltake frio CPU cooler, still on corsair dominator, but a slightly different kit, and that's pretty much it.

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

#27 Damjan

Damjan

• Members
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:00 AM

Glad you went for the ATi, trust me you won't be sorry.

Posted Image

#28 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:33 PM

Plus 2 460s was just asking to produce a shitload of heat.

Build starts around 14th August, should end around the start of October.

Posted Image

#29 _Ray

_Ray

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:11 AM

Glad you went for the ATi, trust me you won't be sorry.

^Seconded.

Plus 2 460s was just asking to produce a shitload of heat.

Build starts around 14th August, should end around the start of October.

Why would it take you a month and a half to build a computer?
Posted Image

#30 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:25 AM

Because i get paid every friday, and have already agreed to some of the earlier shipping dates with suppliers because they had to be preordered.

Posted Image

#31 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:55 PM

Edit: Because i have the best/worst job in the world and i work liek 42 hours a week (£6/ph), upgrades have been made. Such as a hex core AMD, moar RAM, SSD, a new 24" 1080p LED Monitor, and a coolermaster HAFX case. Which btw is friggin' hueg (comes with wheels supplied :D)

Posted Image

#32 Damjan

Damjan

• Members
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:01 AM

A case?WITH WHEELS?hahaha :D

Posted Image

#33 _Ray

_Ray

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:19 AM

You can afford all of that making less than $350 per week???
Posted Image

#34 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:24 AM

Well, my student loans grants me like £900 at the start of each school term, so I'm using some of that to boost the fund. Total build with new TV, Speakers etc, Keyboard, Mouse, and all that jazz comes in at £1700, so anything over £800 I earn is money back in my pocket in September.

Posted Image

#35 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:43 AM

Good news everyone!

Well, bad.

So i got my student loan. Ordered £1200 worth of stuff off the net, and got my card cancelled for 'suspicious activity'. Motherfucker. Anyhow... here's the final specs revision.

CPU: AMD Phenom II AM3 X6 3.2GhZ
- Thermaltake Frio dual fan HSF
RAM: 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT (4x2Gb)
SSD (OS): Crucial RealSSD 64Gb C300
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1Tb [x2]
GFX: Nvidia/ASUS GTX470 1280Mb
PSU: XFX 750w NLG9 Black Edition
CASE: Coolermaster HAF-X 942
MOBO: Asus Crosshair IV Formula ATX
OPTICAL: Samsung BluRay/Combo Player
SOUND: Creative X-Fi Pro 7.1 Surround

Monitor: BenQ 1920x1080p HD | HDMI LCD
Mouse: Coolermaster Sentinel Advance
Keyboard: Saitek Cyborg V.5

Already got a few bits that made it through before the bank got paranoid. (Case, HSF, Keyboard, Mouse)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users