Forums upgraded to IPB 3.1.1

Gerard

IPB Image

You may notice a few changes we've made to TGTAP today, mostly thanks to our upgrade to IPB 3.1 and 3.1.1

• You can preview a topic from the subforum view by clicking the green icon topicpreview.png
  • You can now link your account to Facebook and Twitter. This lets you "like" things, sahre things, import/export images, status updates, and even log-in using just Twitter/Facebook.
  • In the sidebar, you can view recent TGTAP-related updates from Facebook
  • You can now reply directly to people's status updates in the sidebar
  • A lot of behind-the-scenes changes to make our lives easier, and make sure this forum runs better!

We're still sorting out a couple of skin tweaks, but please reply if you spot any problems.

You may also notice that the 'Members' user group has been split into "New Members" and "Full Members". Only members who have been here some time, and proved that they're not spammers, will become Full Members and have full access to the forum and all its features. To make sure you're in the right group, just log out and log back in again!

Full Members can now delete their own posts and topics. This is for if you make a mistake (ie post something twice), it's not for deleting old topics. Staff will be able to see everything you delete, and can make them re-appear if they think they were unfairly deleted. This is a trust thing, so don't abuse it :)

The 'last post' bug has been fixed. I didn't notice any bugs, other than the ones stated above. Hopefully , all of them will be fixed. :)

You can preview a topic from the subforum view by clicking the green icon

I didn't really understand what that meant since I didn't see an icon like that anywhere.

Edited by Alvas.

You can preview a topic from the subforum view by clicking the green icon

I didn't really understand what that meant since I didn't see an icon like that anywhere.

previewlcr.png

If you hover over where I put the red box, then the icons will show up. This screenshot shows the icons to pin/rename/delete as well as the preview icon.

Can't get it working, dunno why though.

Go here. Find this topic in the list. Hover to the right of the topic title (where the red box is in the image above). The green icon should appear, click on it, and the preview box should come up.

I am using Google Chrome v5.0.375.86 stable build. Not working with it. :)

Chatroom will be working now but we only have a 5 user limit at the moment. This will be increased soon.

I remember when this was requested by members along time ago when you guys negatively responded on how " gay " it was.

If you think any of our admins said something was 'gay', then you are completely delusional. Using that word in that context is actually a bannable offence here, and we do enforce that.

Now we have a managed moderatable chatroom integrated into the forums, then it's not so much of an issue as a tgtap-branded shitty external one. We can control this very easily and restrict it to members, or just Full Members if we need to.

Chatroom will be working now but we only have a 5 user limit at the moment. This will be increased soon.

I remember when this was requested by members along time ago when you guys negatively responded on how " gay " it was.

Actually this was our opinion on shoutboxes. Although we wouldn't have used the word 'gay' to describe it.

If only I could remember a chat thing I mentioned years ago. All you do is add that url before or after the GTAP url and you get a chatbox at the side instead of implementing one for the site itself. Jabber or something, just can't remember. Liking the changes so far, haven't tried the topic preview yet.

this could be a bug chris

when i went to "connect via facebook" (just testing) I got the big "hey what the fuck" message LOL.

You have asked Firefox to connect

securely to www.facebook.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely,

sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are

going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

Also, using Firefox 3.6.6 (latest) and when i do that preview thingy, it like uhhh. you CANT hover. you gotta click it. then the preview comes up. maybe some user side coding idn? lol.

also long time no see TGTAP (a week or two? LOL)

Worked fine for myself and Gerard. If Firefox says anything about confirming a security exception then do that (both TGTAP and Facebook are fine - the code is all Facebook's and IPB's, not mine).

And yes, the preview thing is supposed to be clicked (I think), but we can make it so this happens when you hover over it, if people would prefer this?

It's beginning to look quite good, just wish I was around more to appreciate it better. It's coming to the point where I can barely remember the old TGTAP skin. But, as one would say "Out with the old, in with the new", better quality boards bring a better TGTAP.

I like the comment feature on statuses, that would avoid the status area being spammed up with people replying to someone else's status. But I think IPB is becoming too much like a social networking site rather than a board - just without the fun stuff such as games.