Shitload of problems...

TUN3R

Got the new PC parts today:

Intel Core i5-660 3.33 GHz

4GB DDR3 RAM Dual Channel

Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 1GB (no it's not crap now sush)

Windows 7 Ultimate, up to date.

I installed GTA IV (the non EFLC one) and installed all patches up to 1.0.4.0 (I'll install the rest when they finish downloading). I use a no-cd crack because the game is already pretty broken, playing it with the CD inserted would be suicide.

Now, from the very 1st moment I started the game I ran into problems. 1st of all the ''drunk camera'' activates randomly, especially in cutscenes. 2nd, any car I get into becomes broken and if I ram it once it catches fire. ANY FUCKIN' CAR! 3rd, video is slower than audio... list goes on.

I haven't tried installing the video driver cause the guy at the shop said Windows will update it automatically.

Also, how can I overclock my PC and how much should I?

Thx.

Edited by TUN3R

Seems like a decent config, the GPU is a bit weak but it should handle Gta4

I installed GTA IV (the non EFLC one) and installed all patches up to 1.0.4.0 (I'll install the rest when they finish downloading). I use a no-cd crack because the game is already pretty broken, playing it with the CD inserted would be suicide.

What do you mean by broken?

Now, from the very 1st moment I started the game I ran into problems. 1st of all the ''drunk camera'' activates randomly, especially in cutscenes. 2nd, any car I get into becomes broken and if I ram it once it catches fire. ANY FUCKIN' CAR! 3rd, video is slower than audio... list goes on.

Drunk Camera is cause of the NoCD patch. Not sure bout the other two

I haven't tried installing the video driver cause the guy at the shop said Windows will update it automatically.

He's a retard, Update your Drivers

Thx.

Kay.

GTA IV is shitty ported to PC. Fact.

Happen to know a working one?

Done. No difference...

Thx.

I'll try installing EFLC. That one worked decently even on my old PC. But I still wanna finish Niko's story...

Anyway umm any tips on how I can make GTA IV work better? I already have Game Booster which works well for most games but not GTA IV...

EDIT: Btw I found another problem with the cars, sometimes they keep running even if I don't press anything. It's not the keyboard because the cars keep going even when I get out O.o

Edited by TUN3R

Kay.

Jumping on the bandwagon much? Gta4 is a pretty decent port IMO. Except for your GPU your rig is probably 20x better than mine and I still havent had any trouble with it.

I don't see why you even need a NoCD patch, All the game data is copied to the PC during the install. The CD is just to authenticate your purchase, it shouldn't have any performance issue.

So you are trying to get support for a torrented version of the game or are you really that obtuse?

Done. No difference...

Thx.

I'll try installing EFLC. That one worked decently even on my old PC. But I still wanna finish Niko's story...

Anyway umm any tips on how I can make GTA IV work better? I already have Game Booster which works well for most games but not GTA IV...

EDIT: Btw I found another problem with the cars, sometimes they keep running even if I don't press anything. It's not the keyboard because the cars keep going even when I get out O.o

Kay.

Jumping on the bandwagon much? Gta4 is a pretty decent port IMO. Except for your GPU your rig is probably 20x better than mine and I still havent had any trouble with it.

Well I did.

I don't see why you even need a NoCD patch, All the game data is copied to the PC during the install. The CD is just to authenticate your purchase, it shouldn't have any performance issue.

So you are trying to get support for a torrented version of the game or are you really that obtuse?

No, I own the game legally, both regular and EFLC. I swear I didn't know I don't need to insert the disk, by reflex the 1st thing I did was search for a no-cd crack.

Done. No difference...

Thx.

I installed EFLC and I doesn't have any problems but the performance is still pretty bad (not as bad as GTA IV tho).

So the crack was the problem... I'll reinstall the game and see how it worx.

EDIT: No more drunken camera, the game also runs better (installed the remaining updates) but the cars are still f*cked up...

Edited by TUN3R

Yeah EFLC ran a bit slow at first but the latest update has fixed it for me, Gettng decent frame rates with textures on high, etc. No idea why the cars are like that for you.

The Lost and Damned (everything to lowest, 20FPS) runs worse than The Ballad of Gay Tony (Textures and Reflections to High, 25 - 30 FPS), probably cause of that stupid film grain effect (never liked that in video games, thank god Valve let's me remove it in L4D).

By the way ummm happen to know how to navigate through Native Trainer's menu? I bring it up with F3 and F4, hotkeys also work, but no idea how to move through the menus...

And I could still use some tips for better performance...

Thanks.

EDIT: I fixed the car problems, I just did the mission ''It's your call...'' and everything ran fine afterwards.

Edited by TUN3R

• 2 weeks later...

9400GT is okay, not great, but okay for GTA IV. BTW, the game runs like crap on anything. Try changing some settings in your nVidia Control Panel and try running the game in compatibility mode.