#41 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 07:23 PM

Yeah, for sure. ^^^^
Like, I know Germany has the best team but I don't really want them to win.
Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#42 EvoLuTioN

EvoLuTioN

Call me Evo ...

• Members
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:23 AM

Posted Image

Reality - An illusion caused by Alcohol Deficiency

Posted Image
xfire|Steam ID : evolutionevoz

#43 Alvas.

Alvas.

Stay Cool !

• Members
  • 1,272 posts
  • India 

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:47 AM

Always wanted Argentina to win. Their defence was stupid. Now, its gonna be germany all the way!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#44 The Bossman

The Bossman

The Unholy Trio

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 12:42 PM

What about predictions for the final? I think Holland will win 2-1 against Spain. And Germany did OK against Uruguay, but could have easily gone to extra time with Forlans free kick hitting the bar in the last few seconds.

Prcd1Cj.jpg

'Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather'

#45 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 12:55 PM

I think Spain will win, however its far too close to call, the first goal will be crucial as whoever gets it will probably win the final, should be a good final though. Spain will have to make some important decisions, whether to play Torres, Pedro or Fabregas. Other than that they should be fine.

I'm tipping Spain 1 nil.

Posted Image
Thanks to OGTAM for the Sig

#46 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 02:08 PM

I think Spain has better chances but I don't want them to win.
Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#47 Mpilk901

Mpilk901

Proudly destroying the community since March '07.

• Elite Members
  • 2,505 posts
  •    Scotland 

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:11 PM

I'm tipping Spain 1 nil.

Good guess!

Well done Spain, you guys deserve it. How rough was that karate kick to the chest :P

Nothing to see here, move along

#48 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:15 PM

Fuck me, can't believe Spain won.
Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#49 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:23 PM

Not a good match. Dutch players were dirty, but their defence was solid. Spain were fast but just couldn't beat the Dutch defence.

The winning goal was actually offside, so it should have gone to penalties, which the Dutch would probably have won. And just before that goal, there should have been a corner given to Holland. But just before that, a Dutch player should have been sent off.

All things considered, this was a really difficult match for the (British) referee, and he was lucky to have make the good calls that he did. Given that Holland should have had maybe even 3 more players sent off, in the end, the better team won.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

And not a single fuck was given that day.

#50 Rashon.

Rashon.

Bingo

• Members
  • 4,153 posts
  • United States 

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:36 PM

Seems that every team I was rooting for got shot. First was the United States, but we all know they suck. Then was Argentina, but they got owned by Germany. Last, I rooted for the Netherlands to win this game but they got shell shocked when Spain put one in on 'em.

Even though it was scoreless, it was an interesting game. Both teams had a lot of chances... thought it would've been more dramatic for a penalty kick shootout.

Also can tell that Dutch ESPN World Cup analyst Ruud Gullit must've been yelling when that goal went in for Spain.

#51 Alvas.

Alvas.

Stay Cool !

• Members
  • 1,272 posts
  • India 

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:45 AM

The winning goal was actually offside, so it should have gone to penalties, which the Dutch would probably have won. And just before that goal, there should have been a corner given to Holland. But just before that, a Dutch player should have been sent off.

It wasn't. The winning goal just wasn't offside, the commentators showed it clearly again and again. Wanted Holland to win though, and seemed like they would. Also, who's gonna get the golden boot? Since I was awake for as long as 3 am at night but didn't hear anything about it. :)

I noticed around 2-3 corners were not given to Holland. Casillas was a smart guy.

Edited by Alvas., 12 July 2010 - 07:52 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#52 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:34 AM

I dislike some pundits, they dislike Netherlands style of play but they know fine well if they played 'total football' they would have got torn apart. The Netherlands played well all things considering but should have had more people sent off from Netherlands, they did play a bit physical but you have to do that against Spain.

All in all it was a poor game (as are most finals) but the tournament as a whole I think the Netherlands punched above their weight and Spain probably deserved to win the tournament.

Posted Image
Thanks to OGTAM for the Sig

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users