Scrap SanAnMods.com?

Chris

Hey

I was thinking to myself the other day about how I can improve the network as a whole. And I had a couple of ideas about the downloads; it suddenly dawned on me that there was actually no point to making a seperate site solely for San Andreas mods, since the download database for that is simply the san andreas category from the main site. I mean I may as well just carry on doing what we normally do with mods.

What are your thoughts on this?

And if you wanna hear my ideas about integrating mods to the forums just say here and I'll let you know my idea.

I worded that wrong in my first post. What I meant was, and what my idea was is that we scrap sananmods for a start. Then I can make it so every time a new mods is posted a topic gets posted in the modding forum with all the information from the download database and so it then provides everyone with the option to comment on the mod. and stuff.

Yea I think if everything was simply availible through one interface (ie TGP) then that raises the use of that site. More people go to TGP than SAM, and i don't see the point of making someone skip from hither to thither.

If i want a mod, i want to go to my fave GTA site (was always Codename) click downloads, click the category, and bingo there it was. I don't want to have to go to a special subsite and browse through different places.

I think having it all in one downloads database is better, as different browsing options and simpler administration cover it. Also, integration with the forums, although manual, is another good idea.

I say scrap SAM, and work on the current system, or rebuild it.

Integration. We've always had it like that. We never did it, even at launch, for other games. Simpler, and cheaper((stupid domain names that actually charge you a couple of dollars)).
And if you wanna hear my ideas about integrating mods to the forums just say here and I'll let you know my idea.

Here.

My idea was as I mentioned in an eariler post although not very clearly :P was that every time a new download is added in our database it automatically posts a new topic on the forums with all the details of the download and such.

This would mean everyone can comment on the mod and users can provide feedback and also help with it.

The topic could also be used to post your screenshots of the mod or just anything related to it. I'm pretty sure I could code that into pafiledb anyway.

And lets face it, it's easier than having a seperate comments system for it.

So far I can think of one problem that will happen. What about all the other 500 downloads we already have, I mean what should we do about them if we go ahead with this. Shall we just leave them there?

Shall I even bother making it so it posts a topic here?

-- ^^Answer those questions please^^ --

I've almost definitely made my mind up and I'm going to get rid of sananmods.

I'll just park the domain on thegtaplace.com I think, since it does get about 100 unique hits everyday from no advertising just a link on thegtaplace.com.

I also have gtasa-mods.com which I ended up never using, and also grandtheftautofour.net which I don't use. I think I'll sell them to anyone who wants them. Well maybe not gtasa-mods because I like that domain and it may get a few hits :P