GTA IV 1.0.7 Patch

Hi,

as you may know Rockstar has released a new patch (1.0.6) which was required to update GTA IV and EPFLC. The patch enabled more options in the graphics menu and made reflections far more stronger and memory consuming, I ended up losing over 10FPS in some places. The patch also made it hard to blow cars up in the distance with an RPG as it didn't always work like 1.0.4 and 1.0.5 did, and took up more memory, therefore I reinstalled GTA IV and patched it with 1.0.5.

However there's a new patch (1.0.7) which has many fixes as shown below from the Rockstar Games Website:

Grand Theft Auto IV 1.0.7.0 / 1.0.6.1 (Russian) / 1.0.5.2 (Japanese)

• fixed a bug causing tree leaves to look transparent
  • fixed a bug that prevented uploading of rendered videos to Social Club when attaching certain music tracks
  • fixed for clip capture "OFF" slowdowns occurring when near water's edge
  • exposed "detonate" in custom key mapping options menu for Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned so users can remap "down" arrow key

Having clip capture off would explain any slowdowns in the 1.0.6 patch. I'll be installing this soon and I'll get back to this thread.

DOWNLOAD LINK - http://support.rocks...s/GTAIV_patch_7

UPDATE: The patch is great! It runs just as well as 1.0.5. I noticed a few more frames when playing it in HD (1280x720, 720p) than what I was getting with the 1.0.5 patch. Therefore it's worth the download, because it will run just as well as 1.0.5 and even better on some settings and you'll be able to play online as it's the newest patch which is required to play online. RSGC became unnecessary in the 1.0.6 patch and still remains unnecessary in this patch.

Edited by Guest

Yep, I've noticed that 1.0.6 seems slower than the previous builds.

Yeah, it wasn't that good. BTW, 1.0.7 is pretty good. I'll add that to the thread now :P