TGTAP Shake-Up

Gerard

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just meant groups with their subforum. Nothing with MTA and all.

And then now and then, every 3 to 4 months, we could try organizing Multiplayer games. GTA IV would be most easy to do, but that's just as bonus.

Just a little question. Quite some time back we had these 'test gangwars'. System seemed to be working back then. What's changed in the mean time? Forum upgrade? Perhaps it's just my ignorance, but I'd imagine it being not that hard to port existing code.

Curious, that's all.

Stop being such a little bitch, Gerard is right. Getting a server to run takes a lot of work and money, who's honestly ready for such a thing? Not many people, but then again you can't really blame them.

Gerard and Chris can't do everything on their own, the community has to step up aswell.

I was not being a bitch(or maybe I was). But thats..just how I feel. We are making new websites like for Read Dead Redemption,etc. with TGTAP still being dead. Will Microsoft make something new if Windows didn't sell ? They will improve it first, since thats the product from which they get most of the money. Same with TGTAP.

Maybe you are right. But if we do nothing, then probably nothing's gonna happen(a.k.a TGTAP will be dead).

:)

Edited by Alvas.

I'm not suggesting that we do nothing and leave TGTAP to die. I'm saying that I'm happy to do whatever the community thinks would help. However, bear in mind that there are some things I can't do, like pay for MTA servers or code huge gang systems or pay for plane tickets for TGTAP member meetups.

Regarding the Red Dead website, that took Chris a couple of hours to make, and almost no effort to run. You can't compare that to spending weeks coding a brand new gang system from scratch, fully integrated into the forum, testing it and making sure it's secure.

If you want to ask Chris to code the system, go ahead. I wish he would, but he won't. That's his choice, he doesnt have to do it.

Right now, we need some good ideas for things we can reasonably do. If you can't come up with good ideas, then don't expect good things to magically happen.

Are you seriously comparing The Gta Place's network to a gigantic company like Microsoft?

I never said doing nothing is the right choice, but annoying sarcastic remarks sure as shit don't help.

Yeah I was.

I was just telling what I felt like and if you think that those were annoying sarcastic remarks, then so be it. <_<

Edited by Alvas.