TGTAP Shake-Up

Gerard

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RDR isn't GTA, so there's no need for it to be here. It could be, but you can't call it a flaw.

If some GTA news is missing, then post it yourself and get a moderator to move it to the news section. There is only one person who posts news, so he won't post absolutely everything that happens.

Don't forget that everyone here works for free in their spare time (except Chris), so they can't be expected to be dedicated 24/7.

Plus nobody reads the homepage anyway - just downloads and forum.

......Plus nobody reads the homepage anyway - just downloads and forum.

I read(or at least check) the homepage at least twice a week. :huh:

Besides, we are all waiting for Chris to check this out.

:cigar:

. still waiting....

Edited by Alvas.

RDR isn't GTA, so there's no need for it to be here. It could be, but you can't call it a flaw.

If some GTA news is missing, then post it yourself and get a moderator to move it to the news section. There is only one person who posts news, so he won't post absolutely everything that happens.

Don't forget that everyone here works for free in their spare time (except Chris), so they can't be expected to be dedicated 24/7.

Plus nobody reads the homepage anyway - just downloads and forum.

so true at least for me. i just have the forum bookmarked. reminded me on april 1 and they're like "look at the homepage" "yeah nothings different" lol.

Cheers too all the longserving staff who have retired... I raise a glass of something too you!

No more gangs is a bit of a downer from a personal opinion as I really enjoyed being part of the gangs, especially the FFM. But I suppose all good things come to an end! Hopefully the forum will pick up activity soon (probably when rockstar get off their asses and announce a new GTA :P)

I'm sure all the regulars will stay around, and hopefully we will be joined by new members!

Cheers all

How about Creative Groups ?

They will make up ideas,design mock-ups,etc. to improve TGTAP. And then they will submit them to the staff who will then approve/disapprove them based on how good the idea is. Maybe, this will even slightly lessen the work required to do by the staff.

However, like gangs, they will not have private sub-forums. Instead, they will have a public forum, in which anyone and everyone can contribute and help. So, this will probably not contribute to the inactivity of TGTAP - like gangs did.

So, does it make it ?

Edited by Alvas.

They will make up ideas,design mock-ups,etc. to improve TGTAP. And then they will submit them to the staff who will then approve/disapprove them based on how good the idea is. Maybe, this will even slightly lessen the work required to do by the staff.

However, like gangs, they will not have private sub-forums. Instead, they will have a public forum, in which anyone and everyone can contribute and help. So, this will probably not contribute to the inactivity of TGTAP - like gangs did.

So, does it make it ?

or they could just make a "suggestion box"

So, does it make it ?

or they could just make a "suggestion box"

No, no, they would be different. By making a suggestion box, the same thing will happen, the staff will have to filter out through all that is written there.

Instead in Creative Groups, all the ideas will first have to approved by the Creative Group's members(that does not mean that they will not make their own ideas), then those ideas will be approved by staff and then maybe,Chris.

I think it is better to propose the ideas directly to Chris and the admins, than to propose new ideas to the Creative Group, since Chris is still the one who is going to decide in the end.

I felt sad when I read that the gangs were going to be removed. I think what the forum need is a group of several dedicated members to head the gang scene in the forums, since I know Chris and others were quite busy in maintaining the server. I think the gang scene went inactive because some members at the time of development were busy thus leaving the server neglected and maybe there's lack of development (some proposals were left unimplemented). But I do agree about that tournaments every month or two.

I think it is better to propose the ideas directly to Chris and the admins, than to propose new ideas to the Creative Group, since Chris is still the one who is going to decide in the end.

I felt sad when I read that the gangs were going to be removed. I think what the forum need is a group of several dedicated members to head the gang scene in the forums, since I know Chris and others were quite busy in maintaining the server. I think the gang scene went inactive because some members at the time of development were busy thus leaving the server neglected and maybe there's lack of development (some proposals were left unimplemented). But I do agree about that tournaments every month or two.

Creative Groups will not only propose ideas. Instead, they are the ones who will make the ideas. But still other people can help too. And thus, reducing the stress on Chris and other staff.

• 3 weeks later...

Seems a lot have things have changed here since I was active.. So Spaz in never on these days?

It's a shame. TGTAP used to really be a sort of home for me like 3 years back. I seriously loved this place. Every now and then I'd check back and see a few of my 'friends' from that time, still active here. Spaz being one of them, now they seem to have all moved on..

Just judging by the active members list of the past 5 minutes, is TGTAP in decline? Or at least a lot less active than 3 years back.

I've been wanting to get active or at least log in for a long time, but as Spaz said: busy, not much time.

But hi guys (: Hope you're all doing great.

By the way, can the gang system be found anywhere? I forgot the DS password and I'd actually like to read a few things of the past.

Edit: Damn.. Just checked my profile. Haven't been active for years and my average posts per day count is at a staggering 4,99.

Sorry for the off-topicness guys.. thought I'd just bump that in into this post as well.

As an old member with a new account, I never really much got into the gangs. However, I also recognized that gangs played a vital role in the board activity and took off right when I left. I know it may sound stupid, but my idea to keep gangs involved would be to take a two week long poll, asking any member that is on the forum to vote on if they would want gangs back.

If majority rules, rework the forums to include an archives section, where any old material can be accessed (including old gangs), and then completely reboot the gang program, starting from the ground up. That way, old members can get a fresh start, and new members don't feel left out of the gang program. Just my two cents.

Dude, you could just ASK us if you wanted the gangs back. Everyone here has been sad to see them go, but nobody used them, and nobody has asked for them back. There's no need to start a petition or revolution, just discuss it.

I've asked what people want. If they want somewhere they can talk privately with their friends, we can do that. If they want to have named clubs/gangs to be a part of, then we can do that. If they want to play multiplayer GTA, we can try to sort something out.

So - in this topic, give your ideas for what you want (whether it's gangs, forums or multiplayer). I'll put a poll up next week. This isn't "majority rule", or "democracy", but of course we're happy to make these forums how its members want.

Don't know if many others would like the idea, but as someone else suggested, perhaps just reboot it. I believe TGTAP's unique 'gang' environment caused a lot of people to join and participate. Quite some of those are still active.

I'd like to make friends here again and these 'gangs' are a nice way of forming your own little 'friend-group'. We'd needs some more initial activity here though.. Don't know how it's been the past few months, but the past few days that I've checked there hasn't been a lot of people posting around here.

Anyone else share the idea of rebooting the system?

The gang system was never finished, so what would we reboot?

Gang membership, gang forums, shop to buy weapons, organised multiplayer, our own servers, compeltely custom MTA system, MTA integrated with forum gangs and the shop?

If it's a custom system on this forum, who's going to code it? If it's MTA, who's going to pay for the server every month? If it's anything custom in MTA, who's going to code it?

I'm not trying to shit on your fire here, but it's not as if we can just 'decide' for a gang system to exist. I can make subforums and user groups, the rest has go to be up to you guys.

If it's a custom system on this forum, who's going to code it? If it's MTA, who's going to pay for the server every month? If it's anything custom in MTA, who's going to code it?

OK then, lets do nothing and let TGTAP remain as it is now(dead), forever!

I'm not trying to shit on your fire here, but it's not as if we can just 'decide' for a gang system to exist. I can make subforums and user groups, the rest has go to be up to you guys.

Something is better than nothing. :)

Edited by Alvas.