A few general questions about mods

John G.

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Be gentle. :)

I have a question or two about some mods, thought this might be a good place to get some info.

Situation; In the total conversion mod for Vice City "VC Deluxe 2.0 beta," there is an exception error that I get after a while. I was unable to find a fix online an any forums. And no, I'm not here for tech support - I've gone to VC Deluxe 1.0 with the peds fix patch and I'm playing through now with no problems. But I _really_ like the Deluxe 2.0 beta - the cars look awesome and it seems to be a step up in vehicle quality (speed and handling issues are corrected, etc.), and especially police AI and police vehicles (their appearance).

The questions: Is there anyone working on correcting that mod so that it runs properly? Anyone (third or 4th parties) trying to fix the errors? Or should I give up and just stick with 1.0 Deluxe?

I seem to recall reading somewhere that someone went into the mod files, cracked it open and found lots of typos, which doesn't surprise me. Is it taboo to "fix" someone else's mod if the original author(s) abandon it? I was unable to reach the author to ask these questions.

The reason I ask all this is that it just seems like a damn shame that such a detailed mod is left to rot for lack of any means to play properly. Obviously, I don't have the ability to write my own mods, or I'd fix it myself.

another question: What's the odds-on favorite on these boards for a total conversion mod for VC? Do you guys have a preference? Or is it pretty much to each his own?

Well anyway, thanks in advance for your comments. Looks like a good website here.