GTA4 Mod Installer Problem

Shivorken

Hey guys, I only just downloaded Mod Installer 2.0 and so far, everything has been installed correctly but i can't run it =[

Every time i try running it (yes as administrator) it give me an error saying "Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid' but the file is clearly there in the folder and uncorrupted. If my memory serves me right, i tried downloading and installing this tool a while ago and got the same problem =/ and soon gave up on it.

I don't know if its because of vista or something to do with folder/file security. I don't think anything is wrong with the actually program ...

I'm the only person using this computer and this problem is pissing me off ... couldn't find anything on this issue with search ...thanks for any help =]

open up command prompt, target it to the folder where comdlg32.ocx is, and run regsvr32

so say the folder is c:\program files\rockstar games\GTA4\

run > cmd

then type

cd c:\program files\rockstar games\gta4

then

regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx

and it should say successful or something. then try again. if not, reinstall your game i guess. the file can be there but be not registered for some reason, or could be corrupted even if it exists.

• 3 weeks later...