GTA3 - Error

Youngie1337

I've just had to download GTA3 since my disc says that there is corrupted files so I downloaded 2 versions from the Internet (this is not ILLEGAL, I can take picture of disc if you want) but they do not seem to work, I go to change the resolution and it just crashes with Unhandled Exception (I guess memory reading/writing error). I have tried many different things, I can't see the error code 0x00000 etc.. because I'm on Windows XP and can't get back from the crashed game, I have to stop GTA3.exe, which stops DrWatson and the error message.

I was wondering whether someone can help me.

Specs:

CPU Make:

Intel

GPU Make:

ATI

CPU:

Q6600 G0 @ 3.6GHz

Motherboard:

P5Q PRO

Graphics Card:

Saphire ATI 4870

Memory:

4Gb XMS 4-4-4-12

Cooling:

Noctua NP

Power Supply:

OCZ 750w

Sound Card:

Realtek HD

Monitor:

Asus 19" 1680x1050 16:10

Operating System:

Windows XP SP3 (32bit)

Edited by Youngie1337

Dude if you have 4 GB RAM, you should upgrade to a 64 bit OS, you cant use the RAM to the max with a 32 bit.Maybe it's that you have a 32 bit OS, and you need a 64 bit.I don't know, but where did you DL the game from?

I know that mate but the problem is with the game I play on the PC, it doesn't like x64, so I would rather lose 0.5 of my ram other than my game not loading. 32 bit would be better to play GTA3 on either way. I downloaded both from a torrent website, I might try find rapidshare link.

Nope nothing works, every single version doesn't work for me, I guess it's a problem my end since noone else is complaining about it.

it's illegal to DL from torrents.

Mods/admins, lock this topic.

It's not illegal to download from torrents, it's illegal to download redistributed games from torrents.

Use some logic, if your game you purchased didn't work or stopped working, wouldn't you want to seek out a replacement you could download? Morally, there's nothing wrong with that and you're not likely to get prosecuted.

Oh and what makes you think it's you who decides which topics get locked, I'd say that's up to the moderators, you're in the restricted group, it has been noted that your judgement is really shit.

• Like 2

It's not illegal to download from torrents, it's illegal to download redistributed games from torrents.

Use some logic, if your game you purchased didn't work or stopped working, wouldn't you want to seek out a replacement you could download? Morally, there's nothing wrong with that and you're not likely to get prosecuted.

Oh and what makes you think it's you who decides which topics get locked, I'd say that's up to the moderators, you're in the restricted group, it has been noted that your judgement is really shit.

Thank you for understanding, I've always purchased my GTA games because I respect them. I have them on the PS1/PS2 and PS3 also, I have every single game apart from the PSP and GTA games since I sold my PSP and my Gameboy was gone long time ago :D.

I've got the first batch of the games also, so I think I deserve to play my game.

I think the problem may be my comp since everyone else can play just fine. I guess it's memory problems, I'm not going to uninstall anything like AV though :(, just trying to find the hex of it. Guess VB will have to come out :D.

If anyone has the answer it would be great!

Thank you.

• 5 weeks later...