81 replies to this topic

#61 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 02:16 AM

POPULAR

I don't think Raybob has a clue what's going on.

L-Ric is right - nobody has a "right" to be on this forum. It is provided by Chris for free, and subject to you following the rules. If Chris (or his staff) don't want to let you use the forum or all of its features, then we can do that.

You have completely ignored the rules and staff, so you have ignored the terms of your free use of this site. We've even tried to be nice by not banning you (which we could easily and legitimately do), giving you a second chance, and another chance. Yet you STILL complain that you don't have as many features as possible, and you want to Staff to go around cleaning up for you. So you want MORE from us for free whilst you continue to abuse the forum and ignore its staff? That's totally fair.

You've run out of chances. You have a grand total of zero remaining. Have a week's suspension. Now either STFU or GTFO.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

And not a single fuck was given that day.

#62 Nate10

Nate10

Underboss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,937 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 02:21 AM

I just quickly read all the posts in this topic unaware of it before, and jesus christ. You people in the restricted group are all pissy for being in it? Then why are you posting here in this topic? That's the last thing I would be doing.

Are you so blatantly blind that instead of just accepting it and trying to be a better poster, you just rant about it here? If so, good luck not getting banned.

#63 Greensabre13.

Greensabre13.

Bully

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:19 AM

@Gerard & Nate10: If only I could +1 these posts twenty times.

Totally agreed, instead of whinging about your restricted status, why not actually try to make a change to your posting habits? Maybe grow up a little bit while you're at it?

Raybob wonders why he's restricted. <_<

#64 Husky

Husky

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 03:04 AM

I agree on what Gerard says. But Raybob, you complain that TGTAP isn't fair to you. Well if you want to figure out why you are restricted, go and look at your previous posts you've sent. This is just for your own good. If you dont want to follow the rules... then you can just find someplace else.

Edited by Husky, 13 February 2010 - 03:21 AM.

Posted Image

#65 Kitsune Inferno

Kitsune Inferno

Harbinger of Ownage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 03:14 AM

Husky, it's posts like those that give people the Restricted rank. If you're gonna be a sycophant, at least don't make that the entirety of the message.

EDIT: Thank you for considering my advice and revising your post.

Edited by Kitsune Inferno, 13 February 2010 - 04:15 AM.

Yeah, I'm new here. Don't piss me off and we'll be fine. :D

Aw, my first post. You may call it "arrogant". I prefer "foreshadowing".

#66 TM™

TM™

Need new model for avatar :P

• Elite Members
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:13 PM

Now Raybob, I don't usually tend to visit the forums as much as I would, but here's what I have to say:

If you were here back during 2007-2008 you would most likely have been banned, without no thought. You're lucky you're still around and given a chance (Restricted group), because if you were here during that time, and acted the way you were, you'd be banned.

Rather than make very idiotic posts, try to refine them, rather than swearing, try to speak properly. One thing you lack completely on is being nice to those on the forum, and your recent post against WRX wasn't nice. I think he knows how to spell and write properly in English, he's just lazy like some of us are.

You're on the brink of being banned, and sooner, you will be gone from here. If you want to stay, follow the rules, or at least be nice to other members, rather than be cocky like you are.

Heed our advice, it's going to not help you, but other members in the restricted group.

You probably won't be able to take the advice we give you easily, but in time you will see that your presence on this forum has really given you a bad name.
Posted Image
TM™ - Elite.

#67 Thomas.

Thomas.

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 6,715 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 13 February 2010 - 07:16 PM

Like TM, I'm not that active on here anymore but I am active enough to see the posts and immature comments that Raybob's been making. And I agree with the whole of TM's post just to say.

Raybob, I can assure you that many people on this forum do not want you here, some of them may be Moderators or Admins. But you have been given a chance to help correct yourself. The way you've acted the past few months tell me at least that you're not willing to be here and you want to be banned. Some member in the restricted group don't complain, they are trying to get themselves out of the group and are following rules and advice. You on the other hand just seem to enjoy complaining about this 'wonderful' new status of yours. You got yourself in this group, this means that only you can get yourself out - although you have been suspended twice while in the group, third time you're probably going to get banned. I really doubt you will get yourself out of the group, but you can but try even if it's hopeless.

If you don't like being in the group then leave.

Posted Image
Past member of the Fiore Family Mafia ;_;

#68 Damjan

Damjan

We are using Linux daily to UP our productivity - so UP yours

• Members
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 09:36 PM

I for once don't complain.Why?I deserved it, although it's kind of my usual way to talk, but yet again i deserve to be in the restricted group until i get better.

Also, English is not my native language, i make mistakes, so i try to be good at it.

Posted Image

#69 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:19 PM

A lot of people here don't speak English very well - they don't all end up in the Restricted group. We don't punish you for that, that would be stupid.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

#70 Damjan

Damjan

• Members
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:22 PM

I know but the way TM said it i kinda understood it as that.Or was that meant for Raybob..

Posted Image

#71 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:54 AM

Don't worry - he started it with the words "Now Raybob", so it was directed at him not you.

Exactly as TM says, all we want is for you (and all Restricted members) to "follow the rules, or at least be nice to other members, rather than be cocky like you are." "Rather than make very idiotic posts, try to refine them. Rather than swearing, try to speak properly."

The reason the Restricted group exists is to give you guys a chance, because we know that you COULD be decent members and contribute to this forum. Two years ago we would have just banned you without a second thought. We don't HAVE to give you a second chance, so if you abuse our generosity, we will still ban you. It's your choice which way this goes.

And to prove my point, I can announce that Steam is now being allowed to return to the status of a normal member. He understood why he was Restricted, and has corrected his behaviour. Not quite good enough to be praised, but a good start! Just don't do this again.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

#72 _Ray

_Ray

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:02 AM

So would you just like me to come out and publicly apologize to anyone I may have offended recently?

I do realize why I'm in this group, because I don't think before I post. It's just that clearly I wasn't very happy about being placed here even if I did know why.
Posted Image

#73 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:51 AM

It's not what I want, it's what the rules need you to do, and what almost EVERYONE else on this website manages to do.

You just need to not offend anyone else, not to break any rules, not to swear, not to be a dick. Within those boundaries, you can do what you want - post lots, be active, be helpful, make stuff, or don't be active - it's up to you.

I'm not going to force you to apologise, since that isn't what we need all members to do (as per the rules), but that might be a good decision for you to take. Again - your choice.

Once you manage to behave normally (like everyone else) you can be a normal member again (like everyone else). Until then, you will have to live with being Restricted. It's really NOT that hard, I promise you.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

#74 _Ray

_Ray

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:34 AM

Ok. Had I done something like this you would have issued another warning to my account. People aren't exactly kind to me either you know.
Posted Image

#75 Greensabre13.

Greensabre13.

Bully

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:49 PM

Ok. Had I done something like this you would have issued another warning to my account. People aren't exactly kind to me either you know.

Yes, well you're not exactly kind to some people either. What were you expecting?

#76 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:06 PM

That's not true. You don't have to be really nice to be people to not-get-banned. He made a light-hearted funny comment because you said you were leaving then quickly changed your mind. No rule against that.

You are in the restricted group for swearing, making duplicate topics, making useless silly posts, swearing, making stupid one-word posts, making pointless topics etc etc etc.

It's a shame that you're mad at me. If it had been any other staff member, you would have been banned a LONG time ago. Would you prefer that? I'm sure it could be arranged.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

#77 TM™

TM™

Need new model for avatar :P

• Elite Members
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:10 PM

Raybob, there's no good reason to take a break, it's good to clear your mind for a while, but this isn't going to help you. I'd recommend you to learn from others (Staff are good role models, but there are others on here that are as well).

I was exactly like you when I was a newbie, Raybob. Maybe you should look at some of my past posts and see how I was. I was pretty much worse compared to you back 4 years ago. I even got the "Most Annoying Member" award when Chris started up the awards back then (2006 was the precise time). Some of us members back then remember. If not, you should check out the forum awards archive, and you can see how much people didn't enjoy my presence on the forum.

Through the course of 2007 I improved quite a bit, and I got the "Most Improved Member" award at the end. This can prove something, that if you were once an annoyance, there's always a path for improvement. Like you, Gerard was there telling me what was wrong. I took his advice. If I was able to take is advice, you can too.

So don't be mad at Gerard, he's giving you a second chance for redemption, take this opportunity before you do get banned. But at the end of the day, it's your choice.

@Steam: I wasn't directing my sentence to you about the language side of it. Most of you don't have English as a second language. I respect that.
Posted Image
TM™ - Elite.

#78 Damjan

Damjan

• Members
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 06:52 PM

Well, what can i say other than thanks.

Posted Image

#79 Alvas.

Alvas.

Stay Cool !

• Members
  • 1,272 posts
  • India 

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:23 AM

I think this should be ended now since continuing such a long topic even after the matter has been resolved in website suggestions and problems section is not correct. You can continue it in the lounge or fun and off-topic section. Right ? Sorry and correct me if I am wrong. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#80 Husky

Husky

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:25 PM

I think this topic should be split into two.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users